Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Thunder @ Raptors, 3/16/17 on SN1

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only who thinks that raps season has been very disappointing, definitely not raptors basketball..this is not fun, players are 2 blame..but the coach has a lot 2 do with it 2..really sucks.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barometer:

Spurs (2); Warriors (2); Cavs (4)

Bulls (lol)

Try again

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Am I the only who thinks that raps season has been very disappointing, definitely not raptors basketball..this is not fun, players are 2 blame..but the coach has a lot 2 do with it 2..really sucks.
    Not sure how you think your opinion is in the minority. Everyone is bummed about this season.

4. Like JamesNaismith liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The boys had a chat in the locker room post game

Remember when we made other teams do this? Good times

Raptors Republic Veteran Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad I missed this stinker by the looks of things.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuck. I watched this on delay and I'm surprised they went to the lengths of players meetings and the media speculating over rotation changes. Just thought it was a regular Lowry-ain't-here stinker. The defensive effort was definitely lacking, big time. But even during good stretches of focused defence, Russ was hitting crazy shots, and the fast break stuff was mostly driven by the offence just being a grind all night. By no means was that fun to watch, and if it means the team gets a kick to get them through the next few games, great. But I hope the rotation doesn't get screwed with too much - this team will work fine when Lowry is back.

In any case, an L is an L. Bounce back, beat Detroit, and you'll have the split you expect from a back to back. All forgiven. Just have to do it first.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Yuck. I watched this on delay and I'm surprised they went to the lengths of players meetings and the media speculating over rotation changes. Just thought it was a regular Lowry-ain't-here stinker. The defensive effort was definitely lacking, big time. But even during good stretches of focused defence, Russ was hitting crazy shots, and the fast break stuff was mostly driven by the offence just being a grind all night. By no means was that fun to watch, and if it means the team gets a kick to get them through the next few games, great. But I hope the rotation doesn't get screwed with too much - this team will work fine when Lowry is back.

In any case, an L is an L. Bounce back, beat Detroit, and you'll have the split you expect from a back to back. All forgiven. Just have to do it first.
    You are such a positive human being. I admire and wish I had half of it in me lol
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Players only meeting only confirms what we have all thought for awhile now....Casey has lost the team.

Kyle made it clear before the trades and now the team is trying to win in spite of him.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    You are such a positive human being. I admire and wish I had half of it in me lol
    Meh. If Lowry was healthy and they were playing like this I'd be livid. I just have an out right now.

Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand how, in the middle of a playoff race, you need to have a team meeting about effort. Especially when you have D.C., COJO, IBAKA, PJ and NORM who are all "effort and tough" players. The fck is going on with this team.

I hate to turn to the coach, but your team losing motivation in a play off race is not a good look.

Also, there's about 10 other games Casey should be apologizing to fans about.

12. Like MACK11 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I just don't understand how, in the middle of a playoff race, you need to have a team meeting about effort. Especially when you have D.C., COJO, IBAKA, PJ and NORM who are all "effort and tough" players. The fck is going on with this team.

I hate to turn to the coach, but your team losing motivation in a play off race is not a good look.

Exactly. I can live with us losing without Lowry, especially against a good team, but this no effort thing is very similar to the 2014 team and as we all know that's not good. At this point in the season effort should not be the problem. That is definitely when you have to look at the coach. I knew our offence would be bad without Lowry but what we're seeing is unacceptable. They better get their shit together and quick. How they come out tonight against Detroit will say a lot about where this teams head is at
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

14. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. I can live with us losing without Lowry, especially against a good team, but this no effort thing is very similar to the 2014 team and as we all know that's not good. At this point in the season effort should not be the problem. That is definitely when you have to look at the coach. I knew our offence would be bad without Lowry but what we're seeing is unacceptable. They better get their shit together and quick. How they come out tonight against Detroit will say a lot about where this teams head is at
    It won't say shit about it. It's how they come out the rest of the season. They've played tough and gritty with Lowry at times and slow and lethargic just as often. That's the problem. Everyone expects them to come out pissed against the Pistons (especially after blowing that last game), it's the games after that that matter.

16. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean there's being positive and then there's rationalizing away obvious problems.

Even without Kyle we should not be getting blown out at home to OKC. Not if we hope to contend. We shouldn't be losing by 15 to the Heat, or be losing at all to the Bucks.

The team realizes it and I'm glad they had a players only meeting. At least they're recognizing there are problems, which is the first step towards correcting them. I'd be more concerned if they kept excusing the losses on Kyle's absence. This shows pride and professionalism--or at least a step in that direction.

18. Like Bendit, KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Total embarrassment last night.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I mean there's being positive and then there's rationalizing away obvious problems.

Even without Kyle we should not be getting blown out at home to OKC. Not if we hope to contend. We shouldn't be losing by 15 to the Heat, or be losing at all to the Bucks.

The team realizes it and I'm glad they had a players only meeting. At least they're recognizing there are problems, which is the first step towards correcting them. I'd be more concerned if they kept excusing the losses on Kyle's absence. This shows pride and professionalism--or at least a step in that direction.
    This! Players meeting is a good thing. It is not healthy or productive to get blown out and go "oh well, kyle will save us"
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

This! If you need a team meeting for you to put in effort this late into the season, something is very wrong with the entire team + coaching staff.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Players only meeting only confirms what we have all thought for awhile now....Casey has lost the team.

Kyle made it clear before the trades and now the team is trying to win in spite of him.
    No it doesn't mean he's lost the team, don't make it try and fit your narrative. Lots of teams have players only meetings.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Kyle was the featured speaker...lol.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information