Page 1478 of 1702 FirstFirst ... 478 978 1378 1428 1468 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1488 1528 1578 ... LastLast
Results 29,541 to 29,560 of 34022

Thread: Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
    All the remaining games are winnable for the raptors except for the season finale against the LeBron's. We should be able to retake the 3rd seed from the wizards.
    They are definitely all winnable but we all know without Lowry we play VERY inconsistent. We will lose a few games we should win no question. So it's not going to be as easy as it probably should be
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just soooo happy the defence has finally improved. This is how I've wanted them to play on that end since the beginning of the season. It's crazy how brining in two really good defenders changed everything. Also as good as Kyle is Wright and Joseph are still better defenders than him.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I'm just soooo happy the defence has finally improved. This is how I've wanted them to play on that end since the beginning of the season. It's crazy how brining in two really good defenders changed everything. Also as good as Kyle is Wright and Joseph are still better defenders than him.
    Joseph is debateable, he has improved since Ibaka and Tucker got here, but we haven't seen Lowry play with those 2 yet. Wright will be a better defender because of his length once he gains more experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    Joseph is debateable, he has improved since Ibaka and Tucker got here, but we haven't seen Lowry play with those 2 yet. Wright will be a better defender because of his length once he gains more experience.
    This is true because Joseph was really bad until Ibaka and Tucker got here. Kyle is an amazing defender when he actually exerts energy on that end though. He just doesn't do it often enough which is kind of understandable with the amount of things he does for this team. Wright is definitely better though and his length is a big reason for that as you said. He also seems to have good lateral quickness which is important.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

thaddeus young had the most irrelevant 16 points i can remember.

OK, he made a few post shots and got a few opportunities when we had to rotate defensively, but man, i would have expected the pacers to try to attack the apparent quickness advantage when he was being guarded by JV all night but for the most part we were totally fine with basically ignoring him on the perimeter and he hardly even looked for the long ball despite the fact he's somehow shooting 39% this year.

Guy is the definition of good stats / bad team. he's just a losing player at this point.

Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    thaddeus young had the most irrelevant 16 points i can remember.

OK, he made a few post shots and got a few opportunities when we had to rotate defensively, but man, i would have expected the pacers to try to attack the apparent quickness advantage when he was being guarded by JV all night but for the most part we were totally fine with basically ignoring him on the perimeter and he hardly even looked for the long ball despite the fact he's somehow shooting 39% this year.

Guy is the definition of good stats / bad team. he's just a losing player at this point.
    I just think he's miscast as a starter, which is what he's essentially been his whole career on bad teams. I think he'd be a nice bench big for most teams though.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I just think he's miscast as a starter, which is what he's essentially been his whole career on bad teams. I think he'd be a nice bench big for most teams though.
    Yeup. He had his most successful season in the NBA coming off the bench (for Philly in 2012).

Post Thanks / Like

Hell of a game. That's what this team looks like when everything goes right and shots fall, huh?

Everyone looked really good in this one. Top to bottom. Not a whole lot to talk about.

I do still think JV should get more time with bench lineups (got 3 minutes beside Pat in this one, +6 in those three minutes). But hey, it's working right now. I'll take it.

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the pregame graphics were right, we just hung 116 on the number one defence in the league since the all star break. No chance they're playing role-a-dope thinking they're going to see us in the first round, eh? It was so refreshing to see PG looking like he didn't want the ball anymore after a few rounds with Tucker

10. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jclaw;734281]If the pregame graphics were right, we just hung 116 on the number one defence in the league since the all star break. No chance they're playing role

Thought Tucker had a monster game. I like him more almost every outing. There is certainly something about guys who had to fight to make it in the league.

12. Like Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Tucker confronted Demar about his defense. I have never seen him this engaged for 2 games in a row since his rookie year...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deems wrote: View Post
    I'm glad Tucker confronted Demar about his defense. I have never seen him this engaged for 2 games in a row since his rookie year...
    Yeah well it's not like Casey would ever dare challenge him or hold him accountable for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BULLS @ RAPTORS March 21st 7pm TSN 1,4 and radio

A nice win all around for our Raptors last night. That gets me off to a hot start on my rookie game thread starts. Which brings us to...

I'll put my 2-0 streak against the 11-0 Bulls V Raptors. Only one of us is coming out unscathed.

So, let's welcome the team from

It's too easy (and sad) to take a dig at them

With that said, don't underestimate the Wade-less Bulls. They took down the Jazz the other night behind 23 points from "who else?" and 22 from "I can't believe we chose Delon over this guy!...I can't believe people said we should have chosen this guy over Delon!". Sure, McBuckets is gone but he's just one of those daddy long legs you pull off...another one grows right back.

Here they are

(PG)
    (SF)
    (SF)
    (C)
    (this is what happens when you google "Lopez Raptors"...at least it's different than the mascot abuse pics)

(PF)
    Again, I've got nothing.
    This would have been a lot easier if they had just started that new centre they got from OKC..

And, your starting Raptors
    Joseph (PG)
    Derozan (SG)
    Carroll (SF)
    Ibaka (PF)
    Valanciunas (C)

Keys to the game?

This is the year that all those terrible Chicago streaks come to an end.

Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Mar 21st, 2017 at 09:26 AM.

16. Like golden, Scraptor, KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"This is what happens when you google Lopez raptors"

That's both funny and a piss off at the same damn time.
    Who else is ready to cut ties with the sensitive rapper on his "raptors pay his bills shit"??

Yknow those seats the team gifted him? Yknow, the 2 best available in the ACC? He's made it to ONE game with the season nearly over, a game where we promoted his brand and his buddies steph and durant in town.

And that's with no world tour, apparently too busy hugging j lo for instagram gossip to even vote for kyle and demar at the all star.

Fuck drake
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

You win this one and I think you have to go on the shortlist of potential playoff game thread starters.

19. Like Jclaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bulls owning us can't go on forever, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    The Bulls owning us can't go on forever, right?
    That's right. I said earlier last week that we'd smash the Bulls tomorrow. Stand by it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Great GT again jclaw.

23. Like Jclaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Put Tucker on Michael Jordan, I mean Jimmy Butler all fucking game long.

25. Like JamesNaismith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Put Tucker on Michael Jordan, I mean Jimmy Butler all fucking game long.
    I really like that we can throw out 48 minutes of Carroll, Tucker and when needed Powell. Could give them short shifts on opposing stars and just dog them all night long. Meanwhile, guys like George or Butler have to guard DD on the other end all night too.

27. Like Nilanka, Fully liked this post

Thread Information