Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    So far poeltl offensive game consists of "get hands on ball right beside hoop, drop ball in hoop" so finding guys that offer great intangibles but little points is a nice place to start
    Yak is a lot more skilled than what he is being asked to do. I think we will see a lot more of his offensive skills this upcoming summer league. With Delon/Norm seating this one out.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I say Brook Lopez with better D or Rolo with better O.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Damn, with as little data to go on as "7 feet tall, mobile, good hands, positions himself well" you could compare him to an endless list of guys, whether black, white, brown, or purple. It's futile. It's going to show more about how familiar we are/aren't with the long list of past and present NBA 7 footers than anything else.

Personally I'd comp him to some combination of Clint Capela less the hops, Cody Zeller due to general caucasianness, Timofey Mozgov but lighter on his feet, Tristan Thompson with a jump shot, a poor man's young Pau Gasol, a young Kyle O'Quinn with a higher ceiling and on a better team, and Al Horford just a bit taller but not as good.

There, nailed it.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          JV was not as mobile laterally. He also didnt understand positioning like Yak does. Actually Yak at momement has a better understanding of where to be. Even after 5 years of JV being in the league.

ok, so? the point stands.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            ok, so? the point stands.
            If your point is that the Raptors made JV slow and same will happen to Yak. No, it doesn't stand.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

If your point is that the Raptors made JV slow and same will happen to Yak. No, it doesn't stand.

it's well documented that we wanted our guys to gain strength at that time. More than one of our players didn't really take that well to it. it's not all on one party or the other IMO.

Forgive me but i highly doubt you're an expert in biomechanics, so i'm going to go ahead and not take your word for it.

It's not clear yet how Jakob will develop physically, but fortunately he isn't going to be the product of bad timing, because i don't think we're going to "zig" when we should have "zagged" like we arguably did with JV.
              Last edited by KHD; Mon Mar 27, 2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Now that's a horrible comparison Okafor was all D + rebounding, and was about as robotic as they come offensively.

(and yes, part of my intention was to find a comparison that transcended racial boundaries )
                See, I thought so, too, but then you look at Okafor's numbers and he was basically a double-double guy. I think Poeltl may have more skills offensively but, in terms of what he's going to be asked to do in Toronto, not sure it's too far off base.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Damn, with as little data to go on as "7 feet tall, mobile, good hands, positions himself well" you could compare him to an endless list of guys, whether black, white, brown, or purple. It's futile. It's going to show more about how familiar we are/aren't with the long list of past and present NBA 7 footers than anything else.

Personally I'd comp him to some combination of Clint Capela less the hops, Cody Zeller due to general caucasianness, Timofey Mozgov but lighter on his feet, Tristan Thompson with a jump shot, a poor man's young Pau Gasol, a young Kyle O'Quinn with a higher ceiling and on a better team, and Al Horford just a bit taller but not as good.

There, nailed it.
                  lol. Yao Ming and Sim Bhullar have to be in there somewhere, because you just offended 2+ billion people by leaving those guys out of the mix. Fwiw, Yak actually comps himself to Pau Gasol.... at least that's what he aims for.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    it's well documented that we wanted our guys to gain strength at that time. More than one of our players didn't really take that well to it. it's not all on one party or the other IMO.

Forgive me but i highly doubt you're an expert in biomechanics, so i'm going to go ahead and not take your word for it.

It's not clear yet how Jakob will develop physically, but fortunately he isn't going to be the product of bad timing, because i don't think we're going to "zig" when we should have "zagged" like we arguably did with JV.
                    JV never had the foot speed or fluidity that Yak has now. Bad comparison.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

JV never had the foot speed or fluidity that Yak has now. Bad comparison.

for fuck's sake dude it's like you intentionally misinterpret what people say to you.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        It should be noted that if you ever see a purple player on the court, call a physician. Then perhaps MiB.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          lol. Yao Ming and Sim Bhullar have to be in there somewhere, because you just offended 2+ billion people by leaving those guys out of the mix. Fwiw, Yak actually comps himself to Pau Gasol.... at least that's what he aims for.
                          I was going to say, if I were pressed for another "comparison" that Pau comes to mind - another HOFer, natch.

Comment

Yeah, RoLo with better O sounds pretty accurate.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chris Kaman isn't that bad, except he was always pretty girthy and, despite not being a stiff, wasn't as quick of an athlete. I'd also be surprised if JP's BBall IQ didn't rate a fair bit higher.

Comment

On a random note, I think Jakub needs to lose his mind at an official and get a T/kicked out (or Casey should do it for him) just so the referees know he feels like he is getting screwed on a nightly basis which he is.

I assume his horrible whistle will end once he's no longer a rookie but it must be so frustrating. I'm not usually a ref complaining guy (or at least in hindsight maybe in the moment) but his whistle is consistently terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X