Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80% to Healthy Lowry - Bring on anyone and everyone

80% or lower - Detroit

At the end of it all, will our stars show up this time? If Derozan and Lowry can play like they do in the season, watch out; if we falter under the bright lights I see a way too early exit and plenty of changes.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Lowry is the only real "what if?" looking at the playoffs for me. If he comes back and is ready to go, I fully expect this team to hit the 3rd round and give the Cavs a much better showing than last year. If Cleveland's sputtering play continues into the playoffs, the Raptors have a puncher's chance.

But if Lowry comes back and isn't 100%, everything including the first round could be a real struggle. Honestly at that point any success is gravy, what can you expect out of a playoff run without your best player? Have to have health in the postseason.
      I actually expect the 1st round to be a struggle regardless of Lowry's status. It's not like we were a well-oiled machine before his injury. And I'm not sure if 3-5 games (best case scenario) will be enough to really get him 100% acclimated to Ibaka and Tucker.

I still expect us to advance, but this team never does anything easy

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I actually expect the 1st round to be a struggle regardless of Lowry's status. It's not like we were a well-oiled machine before his injury. And I'm not sure if 3-5 games (best case scenario) will be enough to really get him 100% acclimated to Ibaka and Tucker.

I think PJ is going to be the x-factor here, if he can continue being the emotional leader of this group I think it could be a sweep with Lowry on board. The key is Derozan continuing his decent defensive output, and I don't think PJ will let him slip up in that category during the playoffs.

Also I don't see any real legitimate threats this year besides Cleveland and Washington. Last year we ran into a solid defensive minded George Hill and Paul George, and a legitimate defensive team in Miami.

The Hawks, Bulls, Heat(maybe....), Bucks, and Pistons don't have that same imposing presence about them.
        Last edited by Deems; Thu Mar 23, 2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I dunno how hard it is to acclimate to tucker and Ibaka. Tucker is just a savage, he's what we thought we were getting in carroll x10, and Ibaka is patterson on steroids. Reliable smart vet's. The x factor with Lowry will be whether he's back and shooting well basically
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I dunno how hard it is to acclimate to tucker and Ibaka. Tucker is just a savage, he's what we thought we were getting in carroll x10, and Ibaka is patterson on steroids. Reliable smart vet's. The x factor with Lowry will be whether he's back and shooting well basically
            I also think that lowry's bball IQ is up there and although he hasn't been playing he's been out there pretty much helping coach the team. It hopefully shouldn't take too long for them all to mesh.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I agree with you. I don't think he's going to have much trouble meshing with Ibaka and Tucker mainly because they are all vets with high IQs and Kyle has been around the team throughout this whole process. He even helps coach the team at times lol. The issue is definitely going to be his shooting. I doubt his shooting it going to be like it was earlier in the season before he got injured, it's just the reality of the situation. But I do think that we can get past the first round without a 100% Kyle. And that's mainly because he just does so many other things to help the team that doesn't consist of scoring or shooting. It's the second and third round where he'll have to be as close to 100% as possible for us to have a chance. As long as his wrist his pain free and isn't giving him any discomfort I think he'll be fine. For once we are actually going to have a well rested Kyle in the playoffs. This is great to be honest
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Demar has meshed just fine with Tucker and Ibaka and he has no where close to the IQ as Kyle. Them meshing is definitely the least of my worries. Kyle being able to knock down shots is what I'm worried about
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Not worried about it. Bring on all comers.
                  This. We are a higher seed. People should fear us, not the other way around.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                    This. We are a higher seed. People should fear us, not the other way around.
                    #WeTheInsecure

Comment

With the recent track record, perhaps the debate should be on which officiating crews should the Raptors be trying to avoid?

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        With the recent track record, perhaps the debate should be on which officiating crews should the Raptors be trying to avoid?
                        Not a fan of any of the ones that have whistles and 'NBA' shirts

Comment

Anyone but the Pacers.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't care who we face in the 1st round. I'm more concerned about avoiding the 4th or 5th seed.
                            100% agree. Cleveland will ultimately get #1 seed hopefully expend energy to do so .

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              Scott Foster Kenny Mauer Mike Zieleske

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                100% agree. Cleveland will ultimately get #1 seed hopefully expend energy to do so .
                                Now, I'm starting to worry that Cleveland drops to the 2nd seed, which means we're fine right where we are (as the 4th seed).

Comment

Working...
                                X