Who do you want in the first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    This. We are a higher seed. People should fear us, not the other way around.
    Just pointing out that over the last 3 years, the Raptors have just 7 wins in 18 first round games (as the higher seed).

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Anyone but the Pacers.
      How come? Are you still traumatized from last season lol

Comment

Don't care should be the right answer.. although I'm still really scared of Chicago. Sure the curse is broken but it was done in OT after having to come back from a potential blow out the other way. They will be a tough beat 4 games out of 7.

I'd rank the teams as follows from easiest to hardest:

Detroit
        Milwaukee
        Miami
        Atlanta
        Indiana
        Chicago

So my preference would be Detroit. If not them then Milwaukee.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
          How come? Are you still traumatized from last season lol
          No because the Pacers, unlike the other teams on that list have a superstar player on their team - Paul George. A guy that can singlehandedly win a series.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            No because the Pacers, unlike the other teams on that list have a superstar player on their team - Paul George. A guy that can singlehandedly win a series.
            And we've got PJ TUCKA. A guy who can singelhandedly shut him down.

https://streamable.com/jvjtn

Comment

It's pretty funny that Tucker is finally providing us what $60 million worth of Carroll was supposed to.

Now if Carroll could ever get back to his pre-injury form next year, that's a deadly defensive wing tandem....without even mentioning Norm's improving D.

Comment

1. DET
                2. MIL
                3. ATL/IND

In that order....I think DET would be awesome. Both because I think we could kill them and our fans could end up taking over their audience lol which would be incredible.

As for Indy, I just think they never really gelled as a team and I think they would come a part in big moments and PG already seems frustrated with the team. MIL and ATL we just seem to play them well. I think Howard puts ATL at a disadvantage down the stretch with his poor FT shooting. I still wouldn't want to play MIA and want zero parts of our daddy Butler.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  1. DET
                  2. MIL
                  3. ATL/IND

In that order....I think DET would be awesome. Both because I think we could kill them and our fans could end up taking over their audience lol which would be incredible.

As for Indy, I just think they never really gelled as a team and I think they would come a part in big moments and PG already seems frustrated with the team. MIL and ATL we just seem to play them well. I think Howard puts ATL at a disadvantage down the stretch with his poor FT shooting. I still wouldn't want to play MIA and want zero parts of our daddy Butler.
                  The Hawks do scare me a bit, they are well coached and have a solid team. Howard is a terrible FT shooter, but if JV doesn't go into Playoff mode, Howard is going to own the paint, Tim Hardaway can also have games where he can carry the offense by himself.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    It's pretty funny that Tucker is finally providing us what $60 million worth of Carroll was supposed to.

Now if Carroll could ever get back to his pre-injury form next year, that's a deadly defensive wing tandem....without even mentioning Norm's improving D.
                    I heard 2Pac was alive and will reveal himself in 2018 too
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Chicago is probably the only team that makes me a little nervous at this point.

Comment

I'm shocked you guys are so afraid of the Pacers. Don't get me wrong Paul George is amazing and it won't be a sweep or anything but I just feel that if we were able to beat the Pacers last year with Kyle and Demar almost being non existent this season should be much easier. To me our team this year is much more talented than last years team and the Pacers team this year is worse than last years team. I'm not saying I want them but I definitely don't fear them. And I don't fear George as much with Tucker on him. He's still going to get his for sure because he's just that good but it won't be easy.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Chicago is probably the only team that makes me a little nervous at this point.
                          Agreed. But I really doubt they get to 5th or 6th seed. They aren't that good. They only play good against us for whatever reason lol
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            I'm shocked you guys are so afraid of the Pacers. Don't get me wrong Paul George is amazing and it won't be a sweep or anything but I just feel that if we were able to beat the Pacers last year with Kyle and Demar almost being non existent this season should be much easier. To me our team this year is much more talented than last years team and the Pacers team this year is worse than last years team. I'm not saying I want them but I definitely don't fear them. And I don't fear George as much with Tucker on him. He's still going to get his for sure because he's just that good but it won't be easy.
                            Yeah feel the same.

I think PG is obviously a great individual talent but just like last year he cant do it all on his own and this year the team looks to have even less chemistry. Add to all the talk of trading Paul or him publicly stating he needs more talent around him....not exactly words of encouragement for your teammates lol So as a team they just seem disjointed and like there is very little chemistry on the court which is awful when defences tighten and you need to work collectively through rough patches.

I think right now our guys are grinding out and its helping them count each other even more as a team because they know theyre missing their leader so its kind of a blessing in disguise if Kyle comes back 100% healthy. If Kyle comes back even at 80-90% of himself and is added to this team that is still winning some games. We are the team that the Pacers need to look out for because when I think of adding Kyle to this new line up ...we may be that much stronger this time around.

Comment

I didnt even realize Millsap was out with a knee injury, so knowing that I would say ATL would be the most favourable imo.

Im not sure whats the timeline he will come back but even if he is back. I have my doubts how good he will be when he returns especially when you keep in mind he is an older player. The Hawks have already lost 5 straight without him. They could plummet in the standings so I doubt we see them unless we can get into 2nd or 3rd place.

Scary part is MIA has a chance to climb the rankings more and more.
                              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Mar 24, 2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

The Bucks scare me a bit. Now with Middleton back. They were solid defensively before and can score now.

Comment

Working...
                                X