X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Cristiano Ronaldo's bust

Comment

• Y'all should be watching Legion. It's a great mix of reality-questioning plot twists and Kubrick inspired visuals.

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
        Anyone watch the Black Mirror series?
        I liked black mirror. The quality/enjoyability varied for me from episode to episode but overall very good.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          Y'all should be watching Legion. It's a great mix of reality-questioning plot twists and Kubrick inspired visuals.
          I haven't seen it but it's definitely on my list. Andy Greenwald is a great TV critic (used to write for Grantland), really smart, and he's a writer on the show.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Memento isn't a mind fuck.. just a cool movie. Best Nolan movie in my opinion (he's overrated now). The one that I never saw coming was Usual Suspects. The end blew me away. As did Fight Club actually. Both classics.

Comment

• You guys are aware there's a bball game on tonight, right?

As for mind-fucking movies:
              -Looper
              -Usual Suspects
              -Minority Report
              -Ex Machina
              -Donnie Darko
              -10 Cloverfield Lane

Comment

Yeah, one episode has been optioned for a feature length movie. The episode with the memory implant.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  You guys are aware there's a bball game on tonight, right?

-Looper
                  -Usual Suspects
                  -Minority Report
                  -Ex Machina
                  -Donnie Darko
                  -10 Cloverfield Lane
                  Loved Ex Machina.

And ya, Go Raps!

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Y'all should be watching Legion. It's a great mix of reality-questioning plot twists and Kubrick inspired visuals.
                    Hasn't lived up to the hype for me. The show runner is too cute. For example, I like the Fargo series but he's too heavy handed with unnecessary stylistic choices like split screens. It becomes gimmicky tropes when core aspects like story, performance, etc are already strong and should be the focus imo. I'm too aware of his hand. Kubrick was much more nuanced and immersive. Hawley couldn't hold Barry Lyndon's candle to Kubrick imo. Now I'm trying to be cute 😋

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

-Looper
                      -Usual Suspects
                      -Minority Report
                      -Ex Machina
                      -Donnie Darko
                      -10 Cloverfield Lane
                      Omg 10 cloverfield lane! The last third of the movie was dumb. To each their own but John Goodman and the set design was all that I liked.
                      Love the Donnie Darko theme song. Not a Jake Gyllenhaal (love Maggie) fan but nightcrawler was great.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Cristiano Ronaldo's bust

Lmao. Fuck that guy!

Comment

Seen the whole series. I LOVED it. Highly recommended. Which episode was your favourite?

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Memento isn't a mind fuck.. just a cool movie. Best Nolan movie in my opinion (he's overrated now). The one that I never saw coming was Usual Suspects. The end blew me away. As did Fight Club actually. Both classics.
                          The whole reverse chronology with the flashbacks thrown in can really fuck with your mind.

Nilanka wrote: View Post

-Looper
                          -Usual Suspects
                          -Minority Report
                          -Ex Machina
                          -Donnie Darko
                          -10 Cloverfield Lane
                          Looper was just stupid tbh. AFAIK, they made it without caring much about the logistics of time travel.

Donnie darko is an awesome nomination for a mind fuck movie though. Another one I'd like to throw in is Oldboy (The korean one). Also Shutter Island.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Why is there no more good original thrillers? The late 90s and early 2000s had so many great original movies.

EVERY movie now: superhero, stars wars/trek/aliens zombie or robot, kids movie remake or sequel

Wash rinse repeat
                            I recommend you check out Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhall (sp?) in it.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Seen the whole series. I LOVED it. Highly recommended. Which episode was your favourite?

Hated in the nation
                              White Christmas
                              San Junipero
                              Nosedive

Comment

• Forgot about Looper.. time travel is the shit, good film. Saw the Usual Suspects ending coming for some reason.. Ex Machina was an excellent thriller have to watch it again.. Donnie Darko was trippy and 10 Cloverfield Lane was great until the very very end.

I'll add Minority Report and Machinist to my list

Comment

Working...
                                X