Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Haven't seen criticism about demar's little tantrum tonight, but I for one was really disappointed. Let me start with: great 4th Q. BUT, He completely hi jacked the offense in the 2nd quarter and let them back in the game. I'm sure it was discussed at halftime, yet when we came back it was 100% the same from him to start the 3rd. What were they supposed to do? Let him shoot us out of a massive game? Then he makes a big scene and swears at the coaches. Makes me wonder what's important here, the team winning or demar derozans points, shots, and minutes?
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yes he burst out, got benched and then came out and played really well in the 4th, made his shots and made the right plays in general.

Comment

• Rex was the one jawing back. Raises him up a notch for me

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Is Abbas the saviuor? Good job Abbas.
        Well Thank You

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Oh god don't encourage him.
        Respek the Saviour
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Watching the video what i gather is :

DD: Rex whats going on man?

Rex (clapping at the players on the court) Get some rest guys.

Demar: Nah fuck that, thats bullshit!

Rex: No the way you're playing is bullshit!

Demar: Man fuck that!

Meanwhile Fred Van Vleet and PJ Tucker shift over on the bech and starr at Demar.

Check out the clip:

https://youtu.be/kP7FS94NL3w
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Yay! Pretty awesome that they won this one. DeMar was great (particularly later on, obviously), Powell as well (again, more late than early). Wright I think was the biggest difference maker in this one - CoJo, in spite of having a decent night himself, looked like the weak link at PG tonight (it's happening a lot lately).

JV posted horrendous on-court numbers... but I thought he was more invisible than bad. He was just on the court doing not much while CoJo had his worst stretches, and DD had his worst stretches, and Carroll had his worst defensive stretches (there were some baaad ones early on and in the third). I suppose you could argue JV had something to do with that, but I re-watched a couple of stretches looking for that and I don't really see anything glaring - he was just not involved on either end most plays. In any case, Ibaka and PP held down the fort with some small looks, and they survived getting ravaged on the glass. Casey has to figure out how to get JV back into a rhythm and get useful minutes out of him, because a lot of nights that sort of board work is going to bite this team in the ass. That's an issue for next game though.

Ibaka and Tucker were solid once again. Seems like every night. Masai's a genius.

I'll take it! Very nice win. That 2/3 bracket is up for grabs.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bradley Beal complaining like a bitch

https://twitter.com/HoopDistrictDC/s...70364575285248

After Wall's comments the other day about no name players getting too many calls and now this, officially fuck the Wizards.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Bradley Beal complaining like a bitch

https://twitter.com/HoopDistrictDC/s...70364575285248

After Wall's comments the other day about no name players getting too many calls and now this, officially fuck the Wizards.
                Powell is better than that tool

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Watching the video what i gather is :

Meanwhile Fred Van Vleet and PJ Tucker shift over on the bech and starr at Demar.

Check out the clip:

Thx for posting this. There's a lot to look at. None of the other coaches are looking at DD and Kyle is kinda looking away trying to get him to sit down. Seems like DD keeps saying bull-shit, that's bullshit!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Haven't seen criticism about demar's little tantrum tonight, but I for one was really disappointed. Let me start with: great 4th Q. BUT, He completely hi jacked the offense in the 2nd quarter and let them back in the game. I'm sure it was discussed at halftime, yet when we came back it was 100% the same from him to start the 3rd. What were they supposed to do? Let him shoot us out of a massive game? Then he makes a big scene and swears at the coaches. Makes me wonder what's important here, the team winning or demar derozans points, shots, and minutes?
                    THIS! It hasnt been often this season that derozan has been glaringly bad for long stretches of games but he deserved to be pulled when he did. One thing ive respected is how well hes handled being pulled in the past when he is hurting our team but this ridiculous tantrum is scary and unacceptable to me. Especially right in front of his teammates. He is telling them that he is more important than them and them being put on the court warrants that reaction

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                      THIS! It hasnt been often this season that derozan has been glaringly bad for long stretches of games but he deserved to be pulled when he did. One thing ive respected is how well hes handled being pulled in the past when he is hurting our team but this ridiculous tantrum is scary and unacceptable to me. Especially right in front of his teammates. He is telling them that he is more important than them and them being put on the court warrants that reaction
                      I think it's just more he's frustrated at himself and his play, and he wants to be on the court to sort of "redeem" himself. His show of emotion is still a far more welcoming sight than earlier incarnations of the Raptors which were emotionless, i.e. the Bosh/Bargnani days.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        Watching the video what i gather is :

Check out the clip:

Everyone should be held accountable.

Comment

• Game #63: Toronto Raptors 94 - Milwaukee Bucks 101

PROJECTED STARTERS

Toronto
                          Cory Joseph
                          DeMar Derozan
                          Demarree Carroll
                          Serge Ibaka
                          Jonas Valanciunas

Bucks
                          Malcolm Brogdon
                          Tony Snell
                          Khris Middleton
                          Giannis Antetokounmpo
                          Thon Maker

Last Meeting
                          January 27th 2017: Milwaukee Bucks 86 - Toronto Raptors 102 - link to old game thread

With Demar DeRozan out, Kyle Lowry had to carry the Raptors to a 102-86 win. He had 32/3/6 on 50% shooting and 11/14 from the free throw line. Norman Powell also contributed in the absents of DeRozan by scoring 19 points and grabbing 6 rebounds. The Bucks Jabari Parker had 21/13/2 but it was not enough as Raptors won by quite a large margin.

Notes and Preview
                          #LetsMakeIt2

> Our Raptors will hope to continue their dominance over the Milwaukee Bucks as they have won seven in a row, including the first three meetings this season. With Lowry out things hav not looked too good for the Raptors on Offense as they have been outscored ny 4.3points per 100 possessions. However, despite that they have posted a 5-1 record without him. Without Lowry in the lineup since All-Star break, DeRozan has been carrying majority of the load averaging 34.3 points. DeRozan who had overcame a slow start against the Wizards said to reports "I just relaxed, I told myself just take my time and don't be rushed. That's all I did. I held my composure and just went out there and do what I know, do what I can do." DeRozan's efforts and Raptors victory gave Raptors the tiebreaker against not only the Celtics but also the Wizards.

> Lowry is out with a sore right wist (Shooting hand), expected to be back in 3-5 more weeks
                          > Jabari Parker is out for the season with a sprained left knee

> The Greek Freak finished with 24p/5r/8a/2s/2b as Bucks beat the Clippers last night. Khris Middleton (19p/4r/9a/4s) and Greg Mornoe (24p/5a/5r/2s/1b) also had a good games
                          > DeMarvelous DeRozan finished with 32p/13r/5a/ perfect (3/3) from deep and 9/12 from the line as Raptors beat the wizards last night. Norman Powell stepped up late scoring 14 of his 21 in the fourth finishing with (21p/6r/1a/1s)

> Khris Middleton says he plans to play tomorrow as a part of the back-to-back. He's going to see how he feels when he wakes up & go from there.

> Casey on Demar " he is a premier scorer in our league"
                          > Fun Fact: Jonas Valanciunas has not played a single 4th quarter minute in 5 games since the trades. The Raptors have won each of 4Q.

LETS GO RAPTORS
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Man y'all better like and read all of that, it took me like 30 minutes to make this thread lol
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Also,

Demar led the Raptors in nearly every category last night
                              Led in Points, Rebounds, Assists, field goals, 3 point field goals and free throw makes (32/13/5 on 10/17 shooting 3/3 from 3 9/12 from the FT line)

He is absolutely carrying the Raptors on his back with Lowry out right now
                              Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                                I think it's just more he's frustrated at himself and his play, and he wants to be on the court to sort of "redeem" himself. His show of emotion is still a far more welcoming sight than earlier incarnations of the Raptors which were emotionless, i.e. the Bosh/Bargnani days.
                                Thats the problem tho. When all he wants to do is redeem himself rather than do whats best for the team we get into a deeper hole. That was what he did for the first two rounds of the playoffs last year and its amazing we survived. That type of me first attitude is not acceptable at this stage. Yes its better than bargnani but we are way past being a 20-30 win team and comparing ourselves to that doesnt make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X