Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Just because it is nothing new to complain about doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

And just because he's not the 1 or 2 option doesn't mean he shouldn't be used as an option when he has a favourable matchup on the offensive end.
    By all means, complain away, that's one function of the board imo and you have good reason. But recognize that you have been dismissive of the opinions of others in their observations. That's not right either imo.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      For the Demar fanboys, it's more important that their beloved player scores 30+ than the team winning.
      That's what I feel too. And they treat us like its the exact opposite. I didn't give a damn about JVs touches the last 2 weeks when we were beating mediocre/good teams and Demar was on fire, and JV wasn't seeing the ball. But when a guy goes 6 for 6 in his first 9 minutes and we're beating them in the first quarter pretty soundly, I thought the TORONTO RAPTORS would have made a wise decision to keep going until it doesnt work, at least for the other 9 minutes of his 18.

JV was the leading scorer of the team at the half. Touched the ball once after. Makes me wonder if Derozan is trying to keep the current pecking order no matter the cost.

Oh, and BTW, to Christian and specialEd, the game was 110% lost when we went to Caseys small ball defense strategy.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        For the Demar fanboys, it's more important that their beloved player scores 30+ than the team winning.
        Agreed. You think if the Warriors play the Spurs, Kerr will let KD continue to shoot and shoot with Leonard on him? Hell no, it'd be Curry or Klay taking more shots. Sure Zaza didn't play a lot of minutes, but in the minutes he played + West's minutes + Warriors small ball minutes, you feed the crap out of JV until the Warriors are forced to change their game plan, and as I said before, getting JV more buckets would have forced the Warriors to adjust their defense to contain JV, and Derozan wouldn't have been doubled as often.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Like I've said before just trade JV and get something good for him.
          I think that would be a poor decision.

Different teams require different matchups. As has been commented on very thoroughly JV is not the best match for the way GSW plays ball and how the game in the regular season is officiated.

JV will absolutely be needed to get a good seeding in the regular season. When the playoffs begin and the way the game is called changes 180 degrees during the second season his skills will be absolutely needed to beat a couple of teams to even get to the Lebrons in the ECF.

Only 71 more games to go.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            I think that would be a poor decision.

Different teams require different matchups. As has been commented on very thoroughly JV is not the best match for the way GSW plays ball and how the game in the regular season is officiated.

JV will absolutely be needed to get a good seeding in the regular season. When the playoffs begin and the way the game is called changes 180 degrees during the second season his skills will be absolutely needed to beat a couple of teams to even get to the Lebrons in the ECF.

Only 71 more games to go.
            Good to see everybody taking sides against one other again. Only took 2 straight losses. This is the board I know and love. The District of Derozan vs Team Common Sense

The season is officially in full swing!
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Let's put JV in against KD, Green, Iggy, Klay, Curry.

#TeamCommonSense?

Lol
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Let's put JV in against KD, Green, Iggy, Klay, Curry.

#TeamCommonSense?

Lol
                Let's not read what people are actually posting about.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

#TeamCommonSense?

Lol
                  Seriously, though, Green played C for all of 11 minutes last night. How is that remotely the determining factor here?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Btw, if we had a big like Shaq or Duncan or Hakeem or Yao Ming or even Cousins. I'd DEFINITELY keep them in the game agai nst the Warriors small ball lineup.
                    Give them the ball in the post and pound them inside.

But we're talking about JV here man. People needs to wake up lol.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Btw, if we had a big like Shaq or Duncan or Hakeem or Yao Ming or even Cousins. I'd DEFINITELY keep them in the game agai nst the Warriors small ball lineup.

Yeah, we're talking about JV here. It's not like he scored every time he shot last night.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

#TeamCommonSense?

Lol
                        How did matching up small working out? We didnt mitigate any issues, and lost what the big man brings. We played into their hands and they killed us.

So yeah, team common sense because NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE IS GOING TO BEAT THAT LINEUP MATCHING UP SMALL. It's common sense to avoid the strategy that will guarantee you lose.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Btw, if we had a big like Shaq or Duncan or Hakeem or Yao Ming or even Cousins. I'd DEFINITELY keep them in the game agai nst the Warriors small ball lineup.

The thing you can't seem to understand is our small ball lineup got completely destroyed by the Warriors small ball in the second quarter, offensively and defensively. Its not like everyone is complaining after our small ball actually did well. Put JV in there and he could have at least stopped some of the damage whether by scoring in the post or out rebounding the Warriors.

No team is ever stopping a lineup of Curry, Klay, Iggy, KD and Green by going small, you're just playing the way they want you to play.

Comment

• Quincy Acy just got waived.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, we're talking about JV here. It's not like he scored every time he shot last night.
                              It's beginning to feel like so long as DeMar gets his numbers, some factions of Raptor fandom will be okay with a loss. The Warriors had no answer for JV, and Casey opted to try and out-small the most talented team in basketball. We should at least be able to agree that there's a serious lack of common sense in trying that approach. That JV didn't miss a shot makes it look even worse.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                                It's beginning to feel like so long as DeMar gets his numbers, some factions of Raptor fandom will be okay with a loss. The Warriors had no answer for JV, and Casey opted to try and out-small the most talented team in basketball. We should at least be able to agree that there's a serious lack of common sense in trying that approach. That JV didn't miss a shot makes it look even worse.
                                ha, this same criticism has been levelled against people who complain about JV's usage and minutes.

Full circle.

Anyways, if you think Derozan is going to sustain his production I'm betting you're in for a nasty surprise. But I won't be surprised if he maintains a 35% USG rate. That's where I see potential huge problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X