Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    We still have the worst 1st rd matchup imo.
    How so? Raps blew out the Bucks twice, badly, won another game and lost a close one without Lowry. Bucks are missing their second best player and Giannis can't shoot. If Casey can't design a defense to counter their only real threat, then we deserve to lose.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Does he understand how the draft works? They have the most ping pong balls, not necessarily the No. 1 pick.

Comment

• For those who missed, or want to relive it, Jonas' 3 is posted on the front page

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          How so? Raps blew out the Bucks twice, badly, won another game and lost a close one without Lowry. Bucks are missing their second best player and Giannis can't shoot. If Casey can't design a defense to counter their only real threat, then we deserve to lose.
          Also, with Milsap back, Hawks aren't as much a pushover as their record over the last few weeks would suggest.

Comment

• According to "The Starters" the Raps had the best rated defensive lineup in the LEAGUE when Tucker and Ibaka play together, is this true?!?!...If so, how much more f'ing proof does Casey need that DeMarre Carroll should be stapled to the bench!

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              We take the W. 51 wins, I'm 4-0 on my second GT streak & we show that we have elite depth baby!

BRUNO FOR #POTG IMO, except maybe Powell.... who I knew would come out and play hard. I said it was Norman time.... and boy did he shine. WOOOOOOOO! FUCK DA CAVS.
              Get that game 1 game thread up ASAP!
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

According to "The Starters" the Raps had the best rated defensive lineup in the LEAGUE when Tucker and Ibaka play together, is this true?!?!...If so, how much more f'ing proof does Casey need that DeMarre Carroll should be stapled to the bench!

This is the coach who started Scola AND Siakam over Patterson in spite of similar lineup stats showing him with the starters was among the best lineups in the entire league.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That's an oversimplified way to look at it...

The Bucks have actually been better with Middleton playing in Jabari's place, in addition to giving Thon pt, they are stretching out the court MUCH better....which equals wide lanes for Giannis to run through and if they collapse open targets to hit. That's what makes them the worst 1st rd matchup, I don't see any other team 5-8 being as much as a threat.

Comment

According to "The Starters" the Raps had the best rated defensive lineup in the LEAGUE when Tucker and Ibaka play together, is this true?!?!...If so, how much more f'ing proof does Casey need that DeMarre Carroll should be stapled to the bench!

That Tucker should start over Carroll was pretty obvious after about 5 games of PJ. Could be that we need to continue to project the image that Carroll is still a starter in the NBA (which he probably is for lesser teams who don't have our depth), so it's easier to trade him in the off-season.

Comment

We still have the worst 1st rd matchup imo.
                      You are correct
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

The Bucks have actually been better with Middleton playing in Jabari's place, in addition to giving Thon pt, they are stretching out the court MUCH better....which equals wide lanes for Giannis to run through and if they collapse open targets to hit. That's what makes them the worst 1st rd matchup, I don't see any other team 5-8 being as much as a threat.
                        We're scared of Thon Maker? If the Raps see a lot of Thon Maker in the playoffs and don't run his rookie ass off the court, then it will be a complete embarrassment for our veteran team.

Comment

Exactly. And they are just playing overall much better than any of the other teams 5-8 right now. And as Jack says all the time, it's not always who you play but when you play them
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Great regular season y'all. Goddamn rollercoaster.

ON TO THE PLAYOFFS
                            Ditto...time to ratchet up to a 60 win season next year. We had a few injuries and Carroll was 50% of what the team thought they were getting. Too bad. Hopefully with Ibaka and Tucker we should do it.

Good Luck in the playoffs.

Comment

We're scared of Thon Maker? If the Raps see a lot of Thon Maker in the playoffs and don't run his rookie ass off the court, then it will be a complete embarrassment for our veteran team.
                              Okay Thon Maker isn't scaring anyone. If JV doesn't dominate Thon like he did Turner last playoffs something is wrong because Thon is much worse than Turner was last year and a lot skinnier too. It's more Giannis and Middleton who scare me and the fact that they have good shooters now and Giannis is actually a willing play maker. Also that rookie point guard they have is gonna surprise people. He's gonna be an x factor for them. Especially if Kyle continues playing defence the way he has.

Comment

• What's crazy is we just finished the season while going through one of the worst slumps this core has ever gone through....

Big difference....

We did so before the trade deadline and added our 2 best defenders and got substantially better....the Cavs are going through their worst slump in probably 3 years but are going into the Playoffs and can't make a trade to save the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X