Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    Every time we lose a game, people start talking about trades.
    When you lose 3 in a row against a 6th seed and 2 teams near the bottom of the standings, it is warranted. This team does need a trade, doesn't have to be for an all-star or to blow up the team, but for someone who can play defense, brings toughness and physicality, 3 things this team lacks.

Comment

• Game 45: San Antonio Spurs 108 - Toronto Raptors 106

Time to start winning.

Toronto Raptors Vs. San Antonio Spurs

Starting Line up

Raptors
      Lowry-DeRozan*-Carroll-Nogueira-Valanciunas
      Coach Casey

Spurs
      Murray*-Green-Leonard-Aldridge-Lee
      Coach Popovich

Key Match Ups
      DeRozan vs Leonard
      Aldridge vs Bebe
      Casey vs Jonas <3

Let's just win a bloody game and hope that this depressing mood that's seeped into the fanbase lifts for a few days. -Consmap

LETS GO RAPTORS
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Win.
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
          Every time we lose a game, people start talking about trades.
          We've been talking about trades for years, win or lose.

Comment

• for added annoyance listen to dwane casey deflect criticism of the perimeter defence back to "we gotta blitz better".

clown

Comment

• anyway i can fix the title ?
              Abbas wrote:

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Listen, if you can't beat teams like the Sixers and Suns because you don't have "Patrick Patterson" then you're in deep trouble lol.

The real issue defensively is the guards are getting beat off the dribble pretty easily. And when they get beat they have no rim protection inside whatsover. It has nothing to do with Patterson.

Kemba Walker DESTROYED Kyle Lowry a couple of days ago in Charlotte. 32 points in 3 quarters. Drew Bledsoe did the same thing tonight. 40 points. Are you kidding me?

To me it's about EFFORT. You have to keep your man in front of you. It's pretty simple.

Offensively, the Raptors need DeRozan and Lowry to play at a high level EVERY GAME to win. And that is an issue. When they don't play well(like tonight) they usually lose. They need a 3rd guy or a consistent 3rd scorer. They don't have that.
                They don't have a third scorer? Sure they do, they just don't use him. JV has scored in double figures in all of the past three losses, averaging 12 points on less than 10 shots (2 per game of which come off his own rebounds).

Sorting games by JV's usage rate, the Raptors have won his top 6 usage games, 13 of his top 15, and 16 of his top 19. In games where JV has had a usage of 17% or less (not including games he hasn't played in), the Raptors are 7-10. And no, it's not generated by him rebounding better - 13 of his 26 games above 17% usage he has an offensive rebound rate at or below his season average - in other words, his usage is not tied to him rebounding the ball and getting his own shots.

They have a third scorer.

I agree that the defence is the issue right now, and no one is looking good out there. I long for the days of the conservative scheme, those high hedges are driving me nuts.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  When you lose 3 in a row against a 6th seed and 2 teams near the bottom of the standings, it is warranted. This team does need a trade, doesn't have to be for an all-star or to blow up the team, but for someone who can play defense, brings toughness and physicality, 3 things this team lacks.
                  A 3 game sample is never a good reason for something to be "warranted."

There's a month before the trade deadline. They should definitely wait and see what they have with a healthy squad before panicking.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    They don't have a third scorer? Sure they do, they just don't use him. JV has scored in double figures in all of the past three losses, averaging 12 points on less than 10 shots (2 per game of which come off his own rebounds).

Sorting games by JV's usage rate, the Raptors have won his top 6 usage games, 13 of his top 15, and 16 of his top 19. In games where JV has had a usage of 17% or less (not including games he hasn't played in), the Raptors are 7-10. And no, it's not generated by him rebounding better - 13 of his 26 games above 17% usage he has an offensive rebound rate at or below his season average - in other words, his usage is not tied to him rebounding the ball and getting his own shots.

They have a third scorer.

I agree that the defence is the issue right now, and no one is looking good out there. I long for the days of the conservative scheme, those high hedges are driving me nuts.
                    this is along the lines of what i've been saying this season. Matt, Jack and Leo go on and on about how the raptors "need to find a guy who will be a consistent 3rd option". But the way they are playing doesn't allow a 3rd option.

Is it not telling that, despite having a lot of talented guys who work hard (by all newspaper accounts anyway), we've never had a consistent third scorer since the Casey/Demar/Lowry triumvirate assumed total control of this team?

Comment

• Raps have now lost 8 of their last 14 games. Patterson's next contract is growing with each loss.
                      I agree--Patterson shouldn't be the difference between winning or losing vs Phoenix. But man, he is valuable to this team.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        anyway i can fix the title ?
                        Lost before the game even started

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Lost before the game even started
                          nope, its a old meth that if you fuck up a title of a game thread, your team always wins

You sir are Welcome.
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• I miss Biz.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I miss Biz.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              Team misses him too, but you shouldn't just dismiss Greer's effect on the team.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Raps have now lost 8 of their last 14 games. Patterson's next contract is growing with each loss.
                                I agree--Patterson shouldn't be the difference between winning or losing vs Phoenix. But man, he is valuable to this team.
                                8 of 14 is worrisome. Is the season imploding?

Comment

Working...
                                X