Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
    True, but either way. He played 34 minutes yesterday THIRTY-FOUR!
    Is it really that crazy to think he had a restriction tonight?
    Not that crazy. It's a good point and Jonas is coming off a minor injury.

We just want to sharpen our pitchforks.

Comment

Haha ... yeah I know ... it sounds like it. He did have 2-3 touches in the 3rd ... but still too little I know. Im just trusting the process here and trying to believe that what has seemed like somewhat of a progression to including JV a bit more, which has been hindered by injuries to a degree.
      It's not injuries. It's demar, and to a lesser extent Lowry. They just see him as a garbage big, not a scorer.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• are us JV supporters reactionary ... yes but dont dismiss our point of view out of hand because this is a constant theme with Casey

JV is a good and efficient interior player and for years we have seen this when we lose ... Casey tries to match the opposing team and we lose anyways without trying something different to see if it works

insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results

Comment

Yes it is. Im only commenting that my opinion is that his 18minutes tonight was knee-time-restriction based.
          I see. I haven't heard anything official. We seen a pattern of usage for a long time. I'll believe that until I hear an official statement.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Not that crazy. It's a good point and Jonas is coming off a minor injury.

We just want to sharpen our pitchforks.
            WE GOT 'EM ALL!

Traditional Left Handed Fancy
            ---E Ǝ--- ---{

WE EVEN HAVE DISCOUNTED CLEARANCE FORKS!

33% off! 66% off! Manufacturer's Defect!
            ---F ---L ---e

NEW IN STOCK. DIRECTLY FROM LIECHTENSTEIN. EUROPEAN MODELS!

The Euro The Pound The Lira
            ---€ ---£ ---₤

HAPPY LYNCHING!
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Haha ... yeah I know ... it sounds like it. He did have 2-3 touches in the 3rd ... but still too little I know. Im just trusting the process here and trying to believe that what has seemed like somewhat of a progression to including JV a bit more, which has been hindered by injuries to a degree.
              Touches? In the 3rd Q? Are you sure?

I recall one that actually had anything to do with the end of the possession. Lowry screwed up and lost the ball, and JV recovered it. The Warriors swarmed him and no guard moved to get the ball, so he turned it over. That's the only one I remember.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                It's not injuries. It's demar, and to a lesser extent Lowry. They just see him as a garbage big, not a scorer.
                as derozan returns to earth but continues to think he deserves 35+% usage, this team is going to hit a brick wall.

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                  are us JV supporters reactionary ... yes but dont dismiss our point of view out of hand because this is a constant theme with Casey

JV is a good and efficient interior player and for years we have seen this when we lose ... Casey tries to match the opposing team and we lose anyways without trying something different to see if it works

insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results
                  So is posting about it. Guess we are all insane

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    So is posting about it. Guess we are all insane
                    lol true

time to burn this MF down!

cmon Pookie lets burn this MF down!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Touches? In the 3rd Q? Are you sure?

I recall one that actually had anything to do with the end of the possession. Lowry screwed up and lost the ball, and JV recovered it. The Warriors swarmed him and no guard moved to get the ball, so he turned it over. That's the only one I remember.
                      Ill be honest ... I only read through the 3rdQTR plau-by-play ... I read something like a runner and a miss jimmy ... But whatever ... Its 5:30am ... Im out ...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        as derozan returns to earth but continues to think he deserves 35+% usage, this team is going to hit a brick wall.
                        Its something we all fear ... Hopefully that wont be more than for 5 games. (Fingers crossed)

Comment

• What minutes restriction, huh?

I get it. I get it, Casey.

I just don't get it why you don't use JV when he's on the floor? How many post ups did he get tonight? 2 or 3? Against the team which don't even have a true center.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Nov 17, 2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Ok in that case I was wrong. ... reasonable speculation though ... moving on ...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              What minutes restriction, huh?

Casey continues to expose himself as just about the least inventive coach in the league. what else is new?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                Casey continues to expose himself as just about the least inventive coach in the league. what else is new?
                                Not really. We all understand why Jonas gets benched all the time. But why the hell you don't run any plays for Jonas when he's on the floor against a smaller player? Casey doesn't believe in his offensive game. We need to trade Jonas this season... in my opinion, we can get something(one) valuable in return.
                                Last edited by rocwell; Thu Nov 17, 2016, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X