Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Actually the Leafs are starting to become like the Raptors because of Ted Leiweke. Orchestrated the hiring of smart management in both franchises.

Leiweke was the best thing to happen Toronto sports.
    I agree with this. Lots of stuff to fix, but it's really fun to watch the Leafs. If this squad was more disciplined, you're looking at 3-5th seed in the East.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      I agree with this. Lots of stuff to fix, but it's really fun to watch the Leafs. If this squad was more disciplined, you're looking at 3-5th seed in the East.

I don't even watch but even the the TFC franchise is thriving since Tim

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        I don't even watch but even the the TFC franchise is thriving since Tim
        That's what Tim Leiweke pitched to season ticket holders. Raps, Leafs, TFC. Culture change. Winning culture.

He erased MLSE's culture of defeat.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          Is it just me or has Powell been playing really poorly lately.
          It's not just you. When I see this kind of regression I always wonder what's going on in their personal lives.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Actually the Leafs are starting to become like the Raptors because of Ted Leiweke. Orchestrated the hiring of smart management in both franchises.

Leiweke was the best thing to happen Toronto sports.

Edit; Leafs have been pathetic for so long, there doesn't even seem to be a thread of their own on the Sports Junkie forum, even though there are Ping Pong and cricket threads.
            EXACTLY. The Leafs were supposed to rebuild and draft in 2010 with Tyler Seguin, but then Burke fucks it all up with that trade to get us Kessel and not build properly. Wasted 4 years with one playoff choke in the 3rd period.

Now they are rebuilding like a proper team should and leave it all on the players to see what happens

Comment

• Can we please, for the love of god, keep all Maple Queaf discussions off this forum? The last thing we need is for our beloved Raptors to be derailed because by the stink of defeat/futility/ineptitude/all around shit associated with the Queafs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                That's what Tim Leiweke pitched to season ticket holders. Raps, Leafs, TFC. Culture change. Winning culture.

He erased MLSE's culture of defeat.
                I know a couple of guys at MLSE and they tell me the biggest change was the sale to Bell/Rogers by the OTPP, which triggered a corporate culture shift that benefitted the sports teams immensely. Leiweke was part of that but, apparently, the biggest change has been that the sports teams are now controlled by the actual sports people hired to run them (i.e. Shanahan, Ujiri) rather than the corporate guys who were constantly meddling and interfering and mandating under the old regime. Interests are much more aligned now.

I'm getting that second hand but it makes sense moving from being run by private equity to large operating corporations.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Can we please, for the love of god, keep all Maple Queaf discussions off this forum? The last thing we need is for our beloved Raptors to be derailed because by the stink of defeat/futility/ineptitude/all around shit associated with the Queafs.
                  The queafs have the best rookie in the nhl and a few other young studs, with also the best coach in the world. Cmon man its a new day! (And I don't even like the leafs)
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    I know a couple of guys at MLSE and they tell me the biggest change was the sale to Bell/Rogers by the OTPP, which triggered a corporate culture shift that benefitted the sports teams immensely. Leiweke was part of that but, apparently, the biggest change has been that the sports teams are now controlled by the actual sports people hired to run them (i.e. Shanahan, Ujiri) rather than the corporate guys who were constantly meddling and interfering and mandating under the old regime. Interests are much more aligned now.

I'm getting that second hand but it makes sense moving from being run by private equity to large operating corporations.
                    The company I work for is a major Corp worth billions, but we are owned by the ontario teachers pension. Which is fine because we are real estate based but yes they are all about shaving costs and cutting profits. Which I guess seems normal but you want your sports owners to value winning l
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Game #42: Toronto Raptors 89 - Philadelphia 76ers 94

A day after once again holding off the scrappy Brooklyn Nets your Toronto Raptors head to Philly to take on a 76ers team who as we all know is.....hold on, the Sixers have won 6 of their last 8? Well then. Things just got more interesting.

PROJECTED STARTERS

Will anyone get the night off for rest? Once again, what is happening at PF? Are these resurgent Sixers for real? Find out all this and more, next time on Toronto Raptors basketball!

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        The queafs have the best rookie in the nhl and a few other young studs, with also the best coach in the world. Cmon man its a new day! (And I don't even like the leafs)
                        This has been Leaf Nation's rallying cry for literally 5 decades, lol. But this time, it's different!

Comment

This has been Leaf Nation's rallying cry for literally 5 decades, lol. But this time, it's different!
                          Toronto Cowboys

Comment

• Another tough matchup for Jonas.

Comment

Another tough matchup for Jonas.

Embiid is going to destroy anyone who gets matched up with him this game

Comment

This may be news to some, but intelligently run organizations are much more successful than poorly run organizations. In those 5 decades, when were they intelligently run? Maybe during the Fletcher years, but other than that....?
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X