Everything Round 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deems wrote: View Post
    I never understood how sometimes defenders are up on guys like LBJ and Giannis on the perimeter, wouldn't you want them to take a jumpshot everytime? You can play the angles a lot better as well from a couple feet back.
    If only that was so easy... Draymond Green might act sometimes like an arrogant ass, but he shared some nice detail on defending Lebron (and Harden, Westbrook):

Draymond Green wrote:
    "With LeBron, obviously it's different because he does so much. It's about mixing it up. You can't always pick LeBron up and pressure him, but you can't always sit back. You've got to do both.
    "So with him, as a defender, one possession you're playing him one way, the next possession you're playing him a completely different way, and you just try to keep him off-balance as much as you can. Give him a steady diet of one thing, he'll pick that (expletive) apart. He's one of the smartest players to ever play the game."
    Take a look also at 1st comment mentioning 2011 Mavs, maybe this year with more defense oriented rooster Casey would be able to recreate some of the zone magic they used back then, but even if it's probably no longer viable - '17 Cavs are so much more proficient from 3 than '11 Heat, although our personnel as mentioned by DanH is as good as you find in EC to stop CLE.

Until we win at least 1 game in Ohio I refuse to get hyped, if it's time to make another step forward Game 1 should be perfect opportunity to do just that. Cavs should be a little rusty after 1 week off and we haven't met them with current rooster at full strength.

Comment

• The only guess I've got for Irving is jersey number. Catch 22 is my favorite book and I'm too dumb to get the connection.

Great thread as usual OP.

Comment

• wayner wrote: View Post
        How's 538's "Hillary's got a 75% chance of the presidency" workin' out for ya?
        To be honest they were the site that gave her the lowest probability and were hammered for not giving at least 99%, getting back to the point of the thread: until we prove we can away win away game in the Q it's impossible to win that series so I voted Cavs in 7, although my heart is with Raptors and to redeem my disbelief I side with anyone saying Raptors in 7 (or any other pick giving Toronto W)!

Comment

• I didn't watch much of the Cavs-Indiana series, but is the defensive priority to again run the Cavs off the 3-point line?
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• This photo from reddit basically epitomizes DeMar's career for me. Just always seems to be struggling upwards and over tough odds.

I really want to see him have a series that can put an exclamation mark on his claim as the greatest Raptor.

Comment

• Maybe, the Raptors replace Carroll with Tucker in the starting line-up.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                The savior is here!
                Where is Abbas?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Scoring wouldn't be an issue with that lineup, at all.

It won't happen though. Carroll will start. Because Casey.
                  And Lebron will have his way. Tucker must play big minutes covering LBJ if we wish to win .

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    I didn't watch much of the Cavs-Indiana series, but is the defensive priority to again run the Cavs off the 3-point line?
                    Cavs in the first round vs. Pacers

GM 1: 78 FGA, 28 from 3-point land
                    GM 2: 76 FGA, 31 from 3
                    GM 3: 87 FGA, 44 from 3
                    GM 4: 90 FGA, 31 from 3

So over the first 4 games, 40% of Cleveland's shot attempts from beyond the arc. The other thing to note is the number of shots attempts. In Game 5 against the Bucks, where they scored 118 points, the Raptors had 71 FGA. The significantly higher number of FGA means the Cavs didn't go as deep into the shot clock as the Raptors (and may also reflect the Pacers offense/defense).

Will mean the Raptors' defense will have to be locked in from the moment the Cavs cross the time line. Similar to the Bucks, the Raptors will also have to be wary of the Cavs' transition.

Comment

• I wanna see Demar or Powell dunk on Lebron this round. That is all.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Fuck it, Raps in 4, cause why not?

Comment

• I actually really believe we can beat this team in 6 or 7 games.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            Trick question - Ibaka will get in a fight with Kevin Love
                            Fight?
                            You mean beat the crap out that softy?

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Hasn't 538 been horrible at predicting playoff matchups?
                              So?
                              I still like their prediction better.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                                I never understood how sometimes defenders are up on guys like LBJ and Giannis on the perimeter, wouldn't you want them to take a jumpshot everytime? You can play the angles a lot better as well from a couple feet back.
                                With Gianni's for sure. With LBJ it's a pick your poison situation. He hits a few shots on you and what choice do you have but to play a bit tight on him. Unless you can go bucket for bucket with the Cav's you run the risk of falling too far behind

Comment

Working...
                                X