X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Round 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

1. Lowry and Derozan will have to perform

with those to performing well, we have a huge advantage on the guard spot

2. No one can cover Lebron but PJT on him and Ibaka covering the paint will worry him

Lebron will obviously play well but everything he gets will be earned and not given

3. Patterson and Carroll have to hit 3s and play D

this is what worries me, but if even one of them does what they are paid millions to do, i like our chances a lot more

4. JV is better than TT

TT is faster but JV should have his way with him, especially in the glass

5. our bench is much better
    Raptors in 4
    5.66%
    Raptors in 5
    1.89%
    Raptors in 6
    18.87%
    Raptors in 7
    37.74%
    Cavaliers in 4
    3.77%
    Cavaliers in 5
    7.55%
    Cavaliers in 6
    5.66%
    Cavaliers in 7
    7.55%
    My Doctor Advised Me To Not Watch This Series Due To Health Concerns
    11.32%

The poll is expired.

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

get PJ or Carroll on Lebron every time he touches the ball, and have Ibaka near the paint but not too far from lovein case he passes out.

We can score on them with ease.
    All we need to do is play good defense
    Abbas wrote:

Comment

Don't forget to slip laxatives in Lebron's gatorade before every game!

Comment

sorry for going off topic but what happens if pacers heat and bulls all finish 41-41. who gets in?
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          sorry for going off topic but what happens if pacers heat and bulls all finish 41-41. who gets in?
          According to CBS Sports, Bulls, Heat, Pacers would be the order should they end in a 3 way tie.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
            According to CBS Sports, Bulls, Heat, Pacers would be the order should they end in a 3 way tie.
            Im rooting for the heat to make it
            Abbas wrote:

Comment

Im rooting for the heat to make it
              Same. They look really good. It's no guarantee that the Celts can beat them.

I would like the Cavs stuck playing the Heat or Pacers. Those 2 teams could potentially be brutal match ups for a first round for the Cavs. Let them play a 6-7 game series before they face the Raps.

Comment

get PJ or Carroll on Lebron every time he touches the ball, and have Ibaka near the paint but not too far from lovein case he passes out.

We can score on them with ease.
                All we need to do is play good defense
                There is no OR...it is only PJ, Carroll is utterly useless on LeBron since he brought his busted knee to Canada.

Comment

People here will talk about guarding L J, about DD playing his game, about KL and so on, but in my humble opinion, the key to defeat Cavs is JV. If JV performs well and gets the ball when he asks for it and his team helps him to establish himself inside, I think Cavs will have serious trouble as the perimeter will be open for Ibaka, Paterson and KL. The major problem for JV to perform in such a way is to stay out of foul troubles.

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                    People here will talk about guarding L J, about DD playing his game, about KL and so on, but in my humble opinion, the key to defeat Cavs is JV. If JV performs well and gets the ball when he asks for it and his team helps him to establish himself inside, I think Cavs will have serious trouble as the perimeter will be open for Ibaka, Paterson and KL. The major problem for JV to perform in such a way is to stay out of foul troubles.
                    The second we are down Casey will bench JV for Ibaka. We might not even have to be down.

Fortunately Tyronn Lue seems to be one of the weaker coaches in the playoffs so I don't think he'll outfox Casey by forcing his hand. But you never know.

Comment

I think the key is to keep up the ball movement we've established lately. A pick & roll set with Lowry/Derozan and whoever Kevin Love is guarding will open up a lot of space on the floor; hopefully those 2 have shaken off playoff nerves and react to the defense opposed to forcing their shot in those scenarios. However the key also is for the supporting cast to make the open 3's when they get them. Also Casey's in-game adjustments will be huge, no more playing Caroll against Lebron for 30+ minutes; Masai brought Tucker in for this reason...USE HIM.

To be honest I'd rather face Cleveland in the 2nd round, they're in a funk on both ends of the floor right now and we need to strike before they get their groove again. A Cleveland Conference Final team is far more dangerous than a 2nd round Cleveland.

Comment

lets pay lebron a visit first round

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
                          I think the key is to keep up the ball movement we've established lately. A pick & roll set with Lowry/Derozan and whoever Kevin Love is guarding will open up a lot of space on the floor; hopefully those 2 have shaken off playoff nerves and react to the defense opposed to forcing their shot in those scenarios. However the key also is for the supporting cast to make the open 3's when they get them. Also Casey's in-game adjustments will be huge, no more playing Caroll against Lebron for 30+ minutes; Masai brought Tucker in for this reason...USE HIM.

To be honest I'd rather face Cleveland in the 2nd round, they're in a funk on both ends of the floor right now and we need to strike before they get their groove again. A Cleveland Conference Final team is far more dangerous than a 2nd round Cleveland.
                          I agree if we face them in the conf finals they will be hitting their stride. The earlier we face them the better.

Comment

1. Lowry and Derozan will have to perform

with those to performing well, we have a huge advantage on the guard spot

2. No one can cover Lebron but PJT on him and Ibaka covering the paint will worry him

Lebron will obviously play well but everything he gets will be earned and not given

3. Patterson and Carroll have to hit 3s and play D

this is what worries me, but if even one of them does what they are paid millions to do, i like our chances a lot more

4. JV is better than TT

TT is faster but JV should have his way with him, especially in the glass

5. our bench is much better

Your forgetting our closing line up beats them...

Ibaka and Paterson and Tucker/Carroll let us switch the crap out of them.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              I agree if we face them in the conf finals they will be hitting their stride. The earlier we face them the better.
                              And hoping Indy/Chicago puts up a strong fight in the 1st round.

Comment

Working...
                              X