Everything Round 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    I wonder what that acronym stands for -- R.E.L.A.X.?
    Ha! I. Think. It's. The. One. Word. Version. Of. This. Stupid. Overused. Internet. Writing. Device. For. Emphasis. Because. All. Caps. And. Piles. Of. Exclamation. Marks. Just. Weren't. Getting. It. Done. Anymore.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
      Negative side is safer... I'm sticking here unless the team blows out the Bucks in Game 2.
      By asking the question it reduces the likelihood which is a good thing if you're cheering for the Raptors. NO ONE thought Raptors would get swept by Wizards 2 years ago. Is this superstitious ? Maybe --if works I suggest consider starting a thread "Will Bucks win the series" there by making it less likely. Don't forget Raptors personnel visit this site.

Comment

I think that means we can shut this thread down then

Comment

Lock this sh*t up.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Lock this sh*t up.

Or should we wait to see what happens if they lose game 1 next round too? Lol
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It worked!! No sweep like that disaster of a series 2 years ago.

Comment

CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                One, the Raptors will not get the whistle. We just have to expect this AND accept it. The players have to demonstrate some resilience to play through the tough calls (e.g. Kyle should stop trying to manufacture calls, DeMar should expect physicality on all his J's with little to no calls). Also, Cleveland will get a ton of phantom calls - it's inevitable. Keep your composure!

Two, the Raptors gotta defend the three. Expect LeBron and Kyrie to carve up the defense, penetrate and kick out to their plethora of three point shooters (especially Love, Frye, JR Smith, Korver). They can bury us with this if we do not stay committed to defending the perimeter. We need to drive these guys off the 3 point line and try to get them to take contested 2's. Our offense is good enough to put points on the board if our defense can limit their 3's.
                Great post. So far in Bucks series Raptors have played through the bad whistle pretty well. If we get to second round pushing CAVS off 3 point line will be a necessity if we are going to have a realistic chance of beating them. I do think we need to attack the rim more frequently. It seems a lot of foul calls are occurring at or near the rim or at the point of attack.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                  1. Lowry and Derozan will have to perform

with those to performing well, we have a huge advantage on the guard spot

2. No one can cover Lebron but PJT on him and Ibaka covering the paint will worry him

Lebron will obviously play well but everything he gets will be earned and not given

3. Patterson and Carroll have to hit 3s and play D

this is what worries me, but if even one of them does what they are paid millions to do, i like our chances a lot more

4. JV is better than TT

TT is faster but JV should have his way with him, especially in the glass

5. our bench is much better
                  Can we beat Milwaukee though?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Can we beat Milwaukee though?
                    Seriously?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't trust this team. Specially after what i saw in G1 and G2.

Prediction tonight - Milwaukee by 10+. Another blowout loss.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Cool

Comment

I think Raps tighten the screws as the series goes further. Plus an overly jacked Bucks team playing their first home playoff game in years. Raps take advantage tonight of the Bucks' jitters/sloppiness.

Comment

Is there any one who still believe that we can beat Cavs ?

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                              Is there any one who still believe that we can beat Cavs ?
                              A puncher's chance, yes. More so than last year.

If we're using the Bucks series to somehow suggest the Raps are overrated, I think we're criminally underrating the Bucks. They're a very solid team.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                A puncher's chance, yes. More so than last year.

If we're using the Bucks series to somehow suggest the Raps are overrated, I think we're criminally underrating the Bucks. They're a very solid team.
                                Yep its amazing that people seem to think we should have rolled them by 15+ like some pro wrestling jobber. They're a matchup nightmare, were hot coming in and have been playing meaningful games for months.

This series is gonna be hard people. Support the team and stop acting like a buncha pussies!

Comment

Working...
                                X