Everything Round 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    538 gives Raptors a 54% chance of advancing. (Cavs ELO score got hammered in the last half of the season so it views us as the stronger team, enough to overcome home court.)
    Hasn't 538 been horrible at predicting playoff matchups?
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      538 gives Raptors a 54% chance of advancing. (Cavs ELO score got hammered in the last half of the season so it views us as the stronger team, enough to overcome home court.)
      How's 538's "Hillary's got a 75% chance of the presidency" workin' out for ya?

Comment

• Tis the year of curse breaking. Let's continue it with a game 1 win!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Yes, too bad Tucker won't start. At least just give LBJ a steady diet of Carroll/Tucker/Patterson. That is actually a pretty good platoon of players to throw at him, better than most teams. Keep their legs fresh and keep making him work.
          Have to avoid the disastrous mistake of last year where in game 1 the Raps played too tight on the perimeter and gave up the rim. If you give up anything, make it an LBJ jump shot.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Have to avoid the disastrous mistake of last year where in game 1 the Raps played too tight on the perimeter and gave up the rim. If you give up anything, make it an LBJ jump shot.
            I never understood how sometimes defenders are up on guys like LBJ and Giannis on the perimeter, wouldn't you want them to take a jumpshot everytime? You can play the angles a lot better as well from a couple feet back.

Comment

• Raptors in 6!! I'm a believer.

This is the weakest Cleveland has looked in a while. I don't care about them sweeping the Pacers.... Hopefully, they get overconfident. They are beatable this year and this this is our best chance.

This Raptor team can do it. We're clear underdogs and we play best when our backs are against the wall.

We got nothing to lose now. Let's get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Raps have no chance of stealing a Game 7 vs Cavs. Six games or bust!

Comment

• Problem won't b Lebron, he will get his, can't b stopped..the guy I worry is Kyrie Irving, He penetrates and dishes out for open 3's that's their offence,same with Lebron..Pj tucker will b on Lebron,they should put Powell on Irving..single match up,don't double. Can they win series..NO,sorry..Coaching will loose one game,It's automatic..Dwayne Casey is never prepared for any starting series,look at his record,has never won opener..As for topic I want the raps 2 win,but won't happen, Cavs in 5...
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Jclaw keep it going!!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Raps in 7, no doubt about it.
                      What does GLF say ? I'm on the fence. Need to split first 2 games to have realistic chance. Can't wait to see all the casual Raptor fans get into this series.

Comment

• Here's all i can say about this series - IF Lowry plays like regular season Lowry AND if Patterson and Carroll and others makes open shots/3's, then i think we have a chance.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          What does GLF say ? I'm on the fence. Need to split first 2 games to have realistic chance. Can't wait to see all the casual Raptor fans get into this series.
                          The thing about that is there are no simple narratives with this Raptors team. They like to put themselves into holes and then try to dig out of them. They also like to blow their cushion when they're up. It ain't over till it's over with these guys.

Remember when they were down 2-1 to the Bucks in the 2017 playoffs and half the forum thought they were toast? Reeled off 3 straight wins. I remember it like it was yesterday.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Here's all i can say about this series - IF Lowry plays like regular season Lowry AND if Patterson and Carroll and others makes open shots/3's, then i think we have a chance.
                            Have more faith in Lowry discovering his form for a few games than I do in Patrick "opposite of clutch" Patterson. Last night was cringe worthy, he still plays smart D but you just know his open shot won't fall
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raptors 2017...secret weapon with his new transportation...

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Have more faith in Lowry discovering his form for a few games than I do in Patrick "opposite of clutch" Patterson. Last night was cringe worthy, he still plays smart D but you just know his open shot won't fall
                                Patterson was hilarious last night. When the Bucks were making their push in the 2nd half, Patterson got a couple of wide open looks and his shots weren't even close. One barely hit the rim.

I have more faith in Carroll's 3pt shot than Patterson.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X