• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Michael Grange's sources saying Casey considering starting Powell and Jacob
    wow.

Comment

So a starting lineup of Lowry, Derozan, Ibaka, Powell, and Poetl? I really don't think Poetl can guard Love at this point in his career, and Powell on Lebron is just asking for a beatdown.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        yeah the raptors trapping is a bad idea IMO. I mean, when LBJ gets the ball in the post, he will hold it for 5 seconds waiting for the defence to adjust and then make a bullet pass for an open 3. They will destroy the trapping D.

As for the Raps, just an unfortunate 1st Q. The Cavs blitzed, and coming from the Bucks series you'd think the team would be able to handle it. But passes were made, good shots were taken and good shots were missed. From an offensive standpoint I'm not really that concerned. But guys have to make shots. Cleveland comes out of the 1st Q thinking their D was successful because we couldn't make them pay for trapping and blitzing. Lowry and Demar come away from the 1st Q thinking they have to do more to break the trap cause guys aren't hitting shots and simply passing it out isn't working.

It sucks, but if guys hit shots in that 1st Q, the Cavs would have likely abandoned the blitzing D altogether, thus reverting to their normal mediocre D and providing the Raps a better opportunity to run their stuff and get into a groove offensively.

That being said, the Raps can do a better job of moving the ball. The opportunity is there to whip the ball around the court until someone gets a clean look. Everyone can be better in this regard. It seems that if a decent look doesn't present itself within 2 passes out of the trap, we just reset back to Lowry or Demar PnR or ISO. But if guys keep moving and the ball keeps moving easy looks will be found. Gotta keep at it.

As for the D, some rather shoddy effort in that 1st Q, and that ultimately buried us. We just didn't challenge enough shots, and unlike our own shooters, CLE's guys made us pay. I'm sure the boys will look at the tape and see a ton of stuff they can improve upon to make the D stronger. One thing I noticed is TT does a good job of locking up both big men in the paint on LBJ drives, while Love is in the weakside corner. LBJ has a great outlet if the layup isn't available, and Love is all alone to take an uncontested 3. I could be mistaken but I think this happened at least twice in the 1st Q. All TT has to do is tie up Ibaka, who is cheating towards the paint when LBJ drives and the corner 3 is open for business. CLE is very crafty offensively but I think we can slow them down.
        Very good assessment of the game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JV's days are numbered if that's the case. I actually think Yak would do a good job against this team. I'm just worried that the ref are going to call him on everything.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            JV's days are numbered if that's the case.

I wouldn't go into the tax with this team. JV is as good as gone. Things might change if Kyle leaves Toronto

Comment

Lol wtf. Casey you have THE perfect SF to guard Lebron and you're not even starting him. Powell will get demolished. As for Poeltl, I'm okay with.

Comment

• So Powell in for who? Carroll? who's going to guard LeBron, Powrll? i fon't know about this.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  The most beautiful offense in the history of the world got pounded three games in a row (two at home) in the Finals and scored 89 points in game 7. If anyone believes moving the ball more is the solution to winning this series they are not paying attention.
                  So that is proof that ball movement doesn't work? I think the warriors have had a pretty good run - I don't think ball movement has been their downfall.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Patterson has basically sucked ever since Ibaka got here - so maybe putting him in the starting lineup is what he needs to get him going. It makes sense on so many levels, including offense, i.e., surrounding DeMar with 4 three-point shooters.
                    It makes perfect sense other than he 'has basically sucked ever since Ibaka got here". Not sure our focus should be getting 2Pat going. I'd like to ride the guys that are already going for us. Tucker should of course start. I'd be fine if JV went to the bench for Norm. Worth a try perhaps. Tho I'd also like to see if JV could fire himself up and embrace the challenge of going up against Thompson. In fact if I'd want to pritoritze getting anyone going it would be JV. We'd definitely miss JV's rebounding in our starting lineup. My preference is just Caroll out Tucker in.

Comment

• Round #2, Game #2: Toronto Raptors 103 - Cleveland Cavaliers 125 (CLE 2-0)

TORONTO RAPTORS

Starters:

@

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

KEYS TO THE GAME:

Offense:
                      -move the ball
                      -identify and break traps faster
                      -make open shots, particularly role players (Raps were 1/12 on corner threes in Game 1)
                      -be aggressive and force the refs to blow the whistle

Defense:
                      -tighten up and defend the perimeter (Raps have second-worst differential guarding perimeter among playoff teams, and we are contesting the fewest 3 point shots)
                      -get physical, we were too soft in game one
                      -use better matchups to disrupt their sets and force them into more isolation
                      -steal LeBron's shoes

Go Raps!

Last edited by Scraptor; Wed May 3, 2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Kevin Love looks like Kleiza... kinda

Comment

• Go Raps!

Comment

• Tomorrow we win. I feel it.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not sure whether I'm crushed or not that I'm missing this game
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                It makes perfect sense other than he 'has basically sucked ever since Ibaka got here". Not sure our focus should be getting 2Pat going. I'd like to ride the guys that are already going for us. Tucker should of course start. I'd be fine if JV went to the bench for Norm. Worth a try perhaps. Tho I'd also like to see if JV could fire himself up and embrace the challenge of going up against Thompson. In fact if I'd want to pritoritze getting anyone going it would be JV. We'd definitely miss JV's rebounding in our starting lineup. My preference is just Caroll out Tucker in.
                                Yeah, I'm basically flipping a coin between either Pat or Norm joining Tucker in the starting lineup. We're already giving up size by taking out JV, so downsizing even more with Norm is a risk. Pat should be the no-brainer choice (other than rebounding), except he's been in an extended funk. But in a starting role we're not asking him to be scorer, just to have quick feet and play smart on defense - which I think he still does well. Norm could sub in quickly for Pat if we need that spark, and then Pat goes back into his bench role with Lowry, joined by Carroll & JV. Add in Wright and that's a pretty good bench mob.

Comment

Working...
                                X