No announcement yet.

Everything Round 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raps played like shit, and the boxscore reflects that.

Can't see the Raps playing like shit for 4 straight games.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      And Clippers and Celtics
      I don't consider the Clippers a big favorite over Utah, it's basically a toss up imo
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I don't consider the Clippers a big favorite over Utah, it's basically a toss up imo
        True. It's more about their historical reputation for being an over-hyped regular season team who is never a threat in the playoffs. Raps need to avoid this reputation by turning this series around, asap.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Nilanka wrote: View Post
          True. It's more about their historical reputation for being an over-hyped regular season team who is never a threat in the playoffs. Raps need to avoid this reputation by turning this series around, asap.
          Utah is a really good defensive team....It may be more that than the Clips being a substandard entity this year....

Though that implosion to the Rockets a couple of years ago was pretty lame.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Ok, first of all, the last thing the team needs now as a player-coach rift. Imo, everyone needs to calm the frigg down, it's one game. One game. Actually, it was half a game (the first and second halves looked totally different). The bucks made adjustments to which we didn't have counter-adjustments for. That's it. It's going to change as the series goes on.

I'm not taking away the importance of game 1, there's always a lot of excitement before the playoff run, and yeah, losing the first one it's a let down. However, some of the lamenting I've seen post game is as if we already got swept right on the first round. We need to get a grip. If the team (and fans for that matter) don't have the confidence and chest hair to realize that not only we ARE a contender, but more importantly, that success is not linear, and there will be ups downs no matter what, then we won't make it. It's tough out there, I mean, look at how the other top seeds in the east did on their fist game (Cleveland won by one in a struggle, Celtics lost). That doesn't mean they're all of sudden bad teams and out of contention.

We've already established we're a top team in the East. There's no doubting that anymore, it's known around league. All that's left now and have the confidence to admit that even top teams will drop games from time to time (Look at Cleveland on last years' NBA finals)

In spite of all the noise and talk about the defence, all-in-all we limited them to less than 100 points, which in todays NBA is pretty decent. In fact, we allowed only 97 points, which is so far the lowest a team that won their first game managed to score. If the Raptors had won this game 99-97 , no one would be talking about defence.

Now the offence, yes, that was terrible. In fact that's what affected our defence the most, poor offence leading to fast-break points. A big problem, but not new: Over-reliance on Kyle and Demar, and that's on Casey. There's a difference between knowing the game will naturally flow to them on crunch time (and saying we go as Kyle and Demar go), and FORCING it to come to them. How many times we've seen teams gang up on Kyle and DD, daring someone else on the Raptors to beat them, and yet we make no adjustment, no set plays for another open guy, just DD getting the ball across the timeline, dribbling away slowly, then taking a highly contested shot or drive against a fully set defence? I don't think that's his fault actually, that's what the coach draws up every time it seems. If our offence strategy is reduced to this though, we're screwed.

Even Lebron, Harden and Curry need their whole team to be involved to win consistently, let alone Kyle and Demar.
            I agree with Kyle on this. It can't be just him (and Demar), he's the leader, but we need to move the ball and have other players MAKE the open shots created for them (as well as those created for Kyle and DD). Last half-game we not only didn't create the looks, but the rare open ones we had, other guys didn't make it.

If Casey finally gets these simple words, then we're golden: "move the damn ball". Giannis will most likely get +20 almost every game, there's little we can do about it, he's a great player, but that doesn't mean the bucks will win every time he does that, just look at the rest of the season for Milwaukee.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
              Ok, first of all, the last thing the team needs now as a player-coach rift. Imo, everyone needs to calm the frigg down, it's one game. One game. Actually, it was half a game (the first and second halves looked totally different). The bucks made adjustments to which we didn't have counter-adjustments for. That's it. It's going to change as the series goes on.

I'm not taking away the importance of game 1, there's always a lot of excitement before the playoff run, and yeah, losing the first one it's a let down. However, some of the lamenting I've seen post game is as if we already got swept right on the first round. We need to get a grip. If the team (and fans for that matter) don't have the confidence and chest hair to realize that not only we ARE a contender, but more importantly, that success is not linear, and there will be ups downs no matter what, then we won't make it. It's tough out there, I mean, look at how the other top seeds in the east did on their fist game (Cleveland won by one in a struggle, Celtics lost). That doesn't mean they're all of sudden bad teams and out of contention.

We've already established we're a top team in the East. There's no doubting that anymore, it's known around league. All that's left now and have the confidence to admit that even top teams will drop games from time to time (Look at Cleveland on last years' NBA finals)

In spite of all the noise and talk about the defence, all-in-all we limited them to less than 100 points, which in todays NBA is pretty decent. In fact, we allowed only 97 points, which is so far the lowest a team that won their first game managed to score. If the Raptors had won this game 99-97 , no one would be talking about defence.

Now the offence, yes, that was terrible. In fact that's what affected our defence the most, poor offence leading to fast-break points. A big problem, but not new: Over-reliance on Kyle and Demar, and that's on Casey. There's a difference between knowing the game will naturally flow to them on crunch time (and saying we go as Kyle and Demar go), and FORCING it to come to them. How many times we've seen teams gang up on Kyle and DD, daring someone else on the Raptors to beat them, and yet we make no adjustment, no set plays for another open guy, just DD getting the ball across the timeline, dribbling away slowly, then taking a highly contested shot or drive against a fully set defence? I don't think that's his fault actually, that's what the coach draws up every time it seems. If our offence strategy is reduced to this though, we're screwed.

Even Lebron, Harden and Curry need their whole team to be involved to win consistently, let alone Kyle and Demar.
              I agree with Kyle on this. It can't be just him (and Demar), he's the leader, but we need to move the ball and have other players MAKE the open shots created for them (as well as those created for Kyle and DD). Last half-game we not only didn't create the looks, but the rare open ones we had, other guys didn't make it.

If Casey finally gets these simple words, then we're golden: "move the damn ball". Giannis will most likely get +20 almost every game, there's little we can do about it, he's a great player, but that doesn't mean the bucks will win every time he does that, just look at the rest of the season for Milwaukee.
              This guy made his first damn post ever to tell us all to nut up and remind us who we are!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I find the existence of this thread silly and borderline offensive.

Comment

sorry but what a stupid fucking thread.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    sorry but what a stupid fucking thread.
                    Yeah, I guess I haven't answered the thread yet.

No, the Raptors are not getting swept. If they lose this series it will be a disaster.

I'd be far less surprised by the Raptors winning the next 4 than the Bucks winning the next 3.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Chefff wrote: View Post
                      I find the existence of this thread silly and borderline offensive.
                      I agree. I find it so irrational that I thread like this is started right after the FIRST game, that I had to make my first RR post on it to counter the very premise of it. Frigg, even if we lost again tomorrow, which won't happen, that doesn't phase me one bit, I'd still believe we'd take the series. This team is so used to playing with their backs against the wall, they almost need it. It's almost part of their identity at this point, which is unnerving sometimes, but at the same time enthralling. To see the fight, the hustle, the comeback, the grit. If we are indeed the best fans in the NBA, we can't go soft like this every time we take a punch.
                      We're gonna come pounding on Giannis and co. tomorrow fellas. I believe it.

Oh and yes Keon, thank you, and after the Raptors WIN tomorrow:

...and all the NORTH.

Comment

Negative side is safer... I'm sticking here unless the team blows out the Bucks in Game 2.

Comment

Won't happen. Raps in the next 4 games. It's over ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

I'm sure a similar thread like this exists somewhere on a Washington Capitals fan site.

Swept? Probably not. But like the Caps, if the Raptors lose the series it'll be pretty disastrous.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              I'm sure a similar thread like this exists somewhere on a Washington Capitals fan site.

Swept? Probably not. But like the Caps, if the Raptors lose the series it'll be pretty disastrous.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

I wonder what that acronym stands for -- R.E.L.A.X.?
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X