Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danno wrote: View Post
    Any suggestions on best place to watch the game in Toronto? I am aware of Real Sports Bar but looking for other ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    There is a series of main page pieces on this subject.... here is one...you can do a google on the others...

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...bar-gets-wild/

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/tag/toronto-sports-bars/
    Last edited by Bendit; Sat Apr 22, 2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Ok, got to call out this Grade A bullshit.

First off, as a mod, I have to tell you that you don't have any right to call anyone on here, let alone "half the forum" not "real" fans. Everyone here is a fan of this team, most likely the hardcore of hardcore can be found at RR and I will defend their right to post what they want about this team regardless of whether I agree with them or not. If you disagree with their posts then cool, make posts trying to sway people but don't ever try to tell them they aren't real fans.

As a poster, I say that you need to recognize that many people who have this team left for dead think they will come back to beat the Bucks but that it won't change the long term adjustments that are needed for this team to be where we all want them to be. If we beat the Bucks, then we draw the Cavs in round 2 which doesn't look like something we are ready for.

Loyalty means cheering, watching and following a team for years. It doesn't mean you need to blindly support every thing the team does. I doubt you proudly supported Bargnani right up until his trade. Wanting Bargnani gone was a perfectly rational way to support the team and no one would have questioned you for not being a real fan for feeling that way.

Optimism can mean many things. I am optimistic that we will beat the Bucks but don't think we'll do well in round 2. I'm optimistic that Masai can make the right changes. I'm optimistic about guys like Wright and Powell taking on bigger roles. Lots of optimism just not a lot about this current group of players and coaches. Maybe a new coach changes everything. Maybe Lowry walks. Maybe Ibaka takes less to stay. No one knows what the future has in store but I can say with complete certainty that all of the fans on this forum will still be cheering for the team cause that's loyalty.
      Matt is not off base...The other team in town is also in tough ..down a game in the series and it's much further along, yet the vibe from that fan base isn't nearly as dark as it is in the forum right now.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Part of me thinks Carroll should be benched entirely, with Norm taking his place.
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Apr 22, 2017, 10:37 AM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote:

Is this Josh fellow trying to suggest that we shouldn't be starting Carroll??

Heresy

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Matt is not off base...The other team in town is also in tough ..down a game in the series and it's much further along, yet the vibe from that fan base isn't nearly as dark as it is in the forum right now.
            What's happening with the Leafs isn't even comparable let alone relevant and even if it were, no one has the right on this forum to question whether any one here is a "real" fan. So yes, the comments were VERY off base.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Let 'er RIIIPP boys!!!!!! Legggo

So happy the game is 8 pm U.K. standard time.

Comment

• TBH, you play a lot of Norm & Tucker against Milwaukee unless you can get DD inside & to the line. That's the only way he'll be effective here... unless he shows his playmaking skills again like he was while Lowry was out. There was more ball movement when he was gone & Demar was the main focal point.

If JV is going to be on the bench, use him as the main offensive punch off the bench along with Norm. Don't play Cory unless Lowry's in foul trouble, and even then... go to Wright before CoJo for D. Heck, maybe play Demar & Norm as a backcourt with Demar playing at PG, running the offense. He's shown he can do so, IMO.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I am terrified right now
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    I am terrified right now

Comment

• One question: if Demar is struggling with traps, why aren't we running any off ball screens to get him free. Run some pin downs or some curling action, and have him come off a screen where his defender isn't fully set to defend him.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        One question: if Demar is struggling with traps, why aren't we running any off ball screens to get him free. Run some pin downs or some curling action, and have him come off a screen where his defender isn't fully set to defend him.

Comment

• Of course I'm hopeful we win this game and turn around the series...
                          But what I really do expect from our Raptors is to show the fight no matter the outcome of this game. I need to see them playing like they care... more... I need them to be the clear aggressors, I want them to be visibly more physical than the Bucks. I want them to bleed with effort, play as hard as humanly possible. I want them to not care about personal fouls, I want them to not care about the whistle, I want them to not care about any referee. I want them to get up as quickly as possible when they stumble or get thrown to the floor and not look at the officials, but run as hard as you can back on defense and give back your opponent some of the same medicine. I want them to never back out. I want them to intimidate the young Bucks. I want them to show their pride in themselves, their teammates and the franchise. I want them to show all their heart. And then they'll be the winners for me. Even if they lose. Go Raptors!

Comment

• Tucker should be on the floor whenever Giannis is. Simple.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              What's happening with the Leafs isn't even comparable let alone relevant and even if it were, no one has the right on this forum to question whether any one here is a "real" fan. So yes, the comments were VERY off base.
                              You think he is wrong and what he has to opine is Grade A bullshit. That's your prerogative.
                              I don't.
                              We can leave it at that.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Tucker should be on the floor whenever Giannis is. Simple.
                                Patterson did a fine job on Giannis as well. Giannis isn't the problem. It's Monroe/Maker inside that's the problem along with our putrid offense.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X