Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Coaching has a lot to do with the series. The Bucks have just clamped down on the backcourt as has happened before. The Bucks have a great forward capable of handling the ball...the Raps do not.

But, why aren't we capable of disrupting the Bucks offense?
    THAT! This is supposedly a DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH. It sure isn't showing is it.

I'm fed up. I hope they lose the series in 5 so this hands the key to Masai to do what has to be done. We've had this unfortunate luck of teams suddenly getting good in the last year of the coach's contract - like Sam Mitchell with his run. And then this guy getting team into the playoffs in the last year of his contract in Masai's first year which prompted Masai to renew him. And getting to ECF last year which got him this big extension. When we all knew changes were needed thus delaying what needed to be done.

Comment

• I'm trying to block that game out.. but wow that was one massive ass kicking. It's so embarrassing.

On the bright side.. a Cavs/Bucks series does look like it could be a lot of fun.

Comment

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
        Raptors are either gonna blow out the young bucks or totally implode.
        I had a feeling

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Coaching has a lot to do with the series. The Bucks have just clamped down on the backcourt as has happened before. The Bucks have a great forward capable of handling the ball...the Raps do not.

But, why aren't we capable of disrupting the Bucks offense?
          Few reasons. One, they're getting killed in secondary transition before the defense gets settled. One of the reasons I'm big on going with Ibaka/Patterson/Tucker/DD/Lowry is that they can pick up directly in transition without having trying to get particular cross-matches. It's not a small thing. They are discombobulated because they are scrambling back trying to find the right number instead of defending in line with fundamental principles (e.g. stop the ball, etc.). The other issue in the half-court is that they are playing way to soft. They aren't pressuring the Bucks. It also isn't helping that they are playing like pansies. The next time I see a Bucks player get put on his ass when he goes into the paint will be the first time.

Comment

• Round #1, Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Milwaukee Bucks 76 (Tied 2-2)

Hard to know what to make out of that one. One bad game or the beginning of the end? Personally.....

....I think they landed in Milwaukee and were like "Wait...what?!! Schlitz is a real thing?!", and went to town on it. Hopefully they right the ship for Saturday in the land of....

So, let's meet the Bucks..

(PG)

(SG)

(SF)

(PF)

(C)

And, for your Toronto Raptors...

D. Wright (PG)
            N. Powell (SG)
            B. Caboclo (SF)
            P. Siakim (SF)
            J. Poeltl (C) ....oh..my mistake. That's next year.

For your Toronto Raptors tonight...

K. Lowry (PG)
            D. Derozan (SG)
            And......

Keys to the game?..

If that doesn't work..

Go Raps!

Comment

• Wow I'm glad I missed this game
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Btw, for anyone who can't read the blurred print on Cliff's Jeopardy answer...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  On the bright side.. a Cavs/Bucks series does look like it could be a lot of fun.
                  How can you say this, that's not a bright side.

If we lose this series basketball is dead to me.

And we're only down 2-1 you donkeys, wtf. There's still a lot of basketball to played.

Comment

• The first 5 minutes or so will tell us everything we need to know about whether the Raps are going to get back control of this series. If they get down early they will fold like a cheap suit....

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      How can you say this, that's not a bright side.

If we lose this series basketball is dead to me.

And we're only down 2-1 you donkeys, wtf. There's still a lot of basketball to played.
                      A hard fought loss is one thing, but we've looked over-matched in 2 of the 3 games so far. And one could argue we were lucky to escape with a game 2 win (we hit a lot of tough shots down the stretch, while Bucks missed a lot of wide open looks down the stretch).

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this looks like a 1 vs. 8 seed. A core that's been together for 4 years can't/shouldn't get stomped every road game they play.

We're hanging on by a thread, my friend. The first 5 minutes of Saturday's game, will decide the season. And given our inability to start games, we're dipping deep into the wishing well.

Comment

• I've never understood that expression. I have plenty of cheap suits at home and they do not fold easily.

I swear that when I saw the score at 48-17, I thought of Super Bowl XXVI when the Cowboys beat the Bills 52-17. Last year when Raps were down a couple of touchdowns I knew there was a good chance they'd claw back in it but when you're down by 4+ touchdowns and the team is full of field goal kickers?

I'm not sure I like our chances anymore but awesome Cliff Claven reference.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• Great job jclaw, I feel a bit better now!

Comment

• Jclaw is back, it's a wrap! I love the pics for the Bucks... took a few seconds to get the white dress one.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              That lineup should help to provide a bit more spacing for DeMar. He's clearly struggling to make good decisions when he's being blitzed and needs more time. I did not expect this, since he showed such great improvement during the regular season when Lowry was out and DD was the sole focus of the offense.

Lowry coming back messed up the chemistry, IMO. On paper, it should have been all goodness, but re-integrating our primary ball-handler, quarterback and all around alpha dog isn't as easy as it sounds on paper. At least not in a Raps system that is largely built around him. The defense-first mindset also seems to have disappeared since Lowry returned. Not blaming Lowry or anything, but the downside of his injury seems to be not enough time to get him and his teammates familiar with each other.
                              Honestly not sure the spacing will matter. Bucks have length and are playing hard - if the Raps don't stop moving their feet and moving the ball faster (Demar needs to pass before the trap is closed) then I don't think it will matter who's on the court. I don't think Tucker - Patterson - Ibaka scare anyone enough to really make a difference.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I found something.

In 2013 NBA Finals, the Miami Heat lost game 1 at home, won game 2, and then in game 3 in San Antonio, they lost by 36 points. They were absolutely demolished. Danny Green had a career game, while their stars Tim Duncan and Tony Parker were fairly quiet. Lebron was held to just 7 of 21 shooting from the field, finished with only 15 points, and did not shoot a free throw for the first time in his Miami playoff career. I mean it's kind of the opposite of DeRozan who was only able to score from the charity stripe, but it's an 0-fer nonetheless for both 'star' players. Wade led the team with just 16 points.

As we all know the Heat went on to beat the Spurs in game 7 for the championship.

So there's still hope.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X