Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Probably should've played them together in Game 1 too.

Casey already came out and said he "has to make changes" for next game. JV is the obvious choice to get benched but I have serious doubts that Casey will decide to bench Carroll as well. Plus he's always been hesitant to start Patterson..

Most likely starting lineup is Lowry-DD-Carroll-Tucker-Ibaka.
    If Casey benches JV, he HAS TO BENCH CARROLL

it should be
    Lowry - DeRozan - Tucker - Patterson - Ibaka

JV, Cojo, Powll off the bench

Carroll, Wright, & Jakob as backups for foul trouble.

Fuck so simple how is Casey not understanding this

On offensive tucker & pat on corners and ibaka setting picks for derozan and lowry while rolling to the basket or setting up for a 3 if his man doubles one of them

On defense
    Patterson on giannis and PJT on Middleton. Help defender Ibaka

DeRozan and lowry help double giannis, & when their not helping, STICK TO THEIR FUCKING MAN

JV comes in when GregM does. And when Monroe is on the court lowry and derozan drive in every fucking play. He can not protect the paint. Cojo comes in and provides D, corner 3 and those tony parker like drives, he's our neutralizer do MathewD. Powell comes in and brings that energy, he guards Middleton while one of PJT or Patterson guards giannis. And again, at least one person stay relatively close to the basket incase Gianna decides to drive with those long ass arms.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I feel hangover this morning.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I feel hangover this morning.
          The best thing you can say about last night is that it's over and it's just one game (again).

Tired of excuses. Team needs to show up Saturday afternoon.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Jclaw, you're our only hope.

I am officially retiring
            I hope you didn't jinx us by jumping in when you did.

JClaw - save us once again! Ittttttttt's TIME!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Pounding that rock.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah, I fully expect Casey to start the KL-DD-Tucker-Pat-Ibaka lineup.

I think it's the wrong move (attacking with JV early being the right one), but since the team is clearly not going to use JV when he's out there with a mismatch anyway, it's probably better to match up with their small lineups, give yourself a chance defensively (specifically, a chance to get DeRozan off Middleton, which has been a disaster). Ibaka takes Thon, Pat takes Giannis, and Tucker takes Middleton (with the last two able to switch). Hide DeRozan and Lowry on their guards.

Still not sure how that helps the offence (which has obviously been a nightmare). Maybe Lowry gets hot again like game 2? I can't believe the Raptors didn't try running a post up offence in the 2nd half last night just to give JV some reps to learn what contact is going to be allowed in there and adjust (and practice his passing out, he had one bad turnover - though it was similar to DeRozan's turnover earlier where the player he was passing "to" was in completely the wrong place - Van Vleet in JV's case to Carroll in DeRozan's case). Clearly it's never going to happen. Though also based on the touches he did get, the team has not practiced post ups at all, because no one seems to know where to be, or how to move when the Bucks double.

I hate banking on guys just having superhuman performances to even give the team a shot. JV in last year's playoffs, Lowry and DeMar most nights when they aren't crapping the bed (ie in the regular season, for the most part). Well, I guess I'll just pray for Lowry to go supernova.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JClaw - get that game thread up! I don't want to wallow in this one anymore.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I was going to go to Jurrasic Park on Saturday, but after watching that performance? FUCK THAT!
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I fully expect Casey to start the KL-DD-Tucker-Pat-Ibaka lineup.

I think it's the wrong move (attacking with JV early being the right one), but since the team is clearly not going to use JV when he's out there with a mismatch anyway, it's probably better to match up with their small lineups, give yourself a chance defensively (specifically, a chance to get DeRozan off Middleton, which has been a disaster). Ibaka takes Thon, Pat takes Giannis, and Tucker takes Middleton (with the last two able to switch). Hide DeRozan and Lowry on their guards.

Still not sure how that helps the offence (which has obviously been a nightmare). Maybe Lowry gets hot again like game 2? I can't believe the Raptors didn't try running a post up offence in the 2nd half last night just to give JV some reps to learn what contact is going to be allowed in there and adjust (and practice his passing out, he had one bad turnover - though it was similar to DeRozan's turnover earlier where the player he was passing "to" was in completely the wrong place - Van Vleet in JV's case to Carroll in DeRozan's case). Clearly it's never going to happen. Though also based on the touches he did get, the team has not practiced post ups at all, because no one seems to know where to be, or how to move when the Bucks double.

I hate banking on guys just having superhuman performances to even give the team a shot. JV in last year's playoffs, Lowry and DeMar most nights when they aren't crapping the bed (ie in the regular season, for the most part). Well, I guess I'll just pray for Lowry to go supernova.
                      That lineup should help to provide a bit more spacing for DeMar. He's clearly struggling to make good decisions when he's being blitzed and needs more time. I did not expect this, since he showed such great improvement during the regular season when Lowry was out and DD was the sole focus of the offense.

Lowry coming back messed up the chemistry, IMO. On paper, it should have been all goodness, but re-integrating our primary ball-handler, quarterback and all around alpha dog isn't as easy as it sounds on paper. At least not in a Raps system that is largely built around him. The defense-first mindset also seems to have disappeared since Lowry returned. Not blaming Lowry or anything, but the downside of his injury seems to be not enough time to get him and his teammates familiar with each other.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        That lineup should help to provide a bit more spacing for DeMar. He's clearly struggling to make good decisions when he's being blitzed and needs more time. I did not expect this, since he showed such great improvement during the regular season when Lowry was out and DD was the sole focus of the offense.

Lowry coming back messed up the chemistry, IMO. On paper, it should have been all goodness, but re-integrating our primary ball-handler, quarterback and all around alpha dog isn't as easy as it sounds on paper. At least not in a Raps system that is largely built around him. The defense-first mindset also seems to have disappeared since Lowry returned. Not blaming Lowry or anything, but the downside of his injury seems to be not enough time to get him and his teammates familiar with each other.
                        I think it has little to do with chemistry, and everything to do with being unprepared for Milwaukee's intensity and tenacity on defense.

You can tell when chemistry isn't quite there if a guy cuts baseline, and a pass goes to the corner instead. Or someone anticipates a shot that doesn't launch and gets called for 3 seconds instead. But what happened last night was a shellacking that can only result from players 1 through 15 not understanding what the Bucks were scheming.

Comment

• Carrol would make a great tank commander.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• “Playing against (Kidd’s) teams, going back to the Brooklyn days, he’s got a great feel playing against me with different defensive schemes,” DeRozan said after that game. “And they have Eric Hughes, an assistant coach that used to be with us. He knows me.”
                            Coaching has a lot to do with the series. The Bucks have just clamped down on the backcourt as has happened before. The Bucks have a great forward capable of handling the ball...the Raps do not.

But, why aren't we capable of disrupting the Bucks offense?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Powell showed fight and pride on the limited minutes last night.

Comment

• The problem with our offence is that their blitzing & trapping demar every time he gets the ball, and when he passes out of the trap. The guy he passes to doesn't know wtf to do, he just stands there, waits for the defence to reset and then passes the ball back to demar to reset the process. like wtf

What hes suppose to do is swing the ball one more time and then attack the basket. Your cant beat a trap with one pass, however two or three passes gets you an open look every time.

Its literally basic fundamentals that don't understand smh
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X