"District of DeRozan"

*pours out a little liquor for the ghost of mcHAPPY*
        Haven't heard that one in awhile
        OG is our king

Comment

• Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• so where does derozan rank on the list of all time greatest in game dunkers?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

They rates the Backstory of the dunk 10/15... Considering we just coughed up a 25 point lead and this dunk was the DAGGER to end the Bucks season, Id say the Backstory for a dunk cannot get any better... 15/15. This dunk was 80 percent disrespectful.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Has to be DD.

Especially the closeout game I believe he reached another rung...closing out a game (and series) in the playoffs with his team on the ropes. I think he has finally understood how much more difficult it is in the playoffs...the physicality and the utter disregard to blow the whistle by the refs. He is one strong dude... physically and mentally now.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    They chose Ibaka over Harden....we are now seeing they had 3 MVP players....thats insane.

I totally get that neither Harden and to lesser extent Russ were at that level but everybody was hyped that they were supposed to be the next young dynasty. They had already played in a championship....crazy to think that even before Harden was a Rocket, the Thunder made a Finals. I have no idea how management can let go of that and cant imagine how tough that feels as a OKC fan. Look at us with VC n TMac, now imagine even better players lol

Anyways not our problem but I just think they have done a much better job surrounding young, elite talent with veterans and a coach to guide them like Fox, Horry, Fisher, Phil etc did with Kobe and Shaq. I realize they couldnt likely get a coach (not GM lol) like Phil but a college coach and no vets...come on OKC, thats not how you build a championship team.
                    I feel for Seattle fans too. Supersonics were a good franchise and that is a much bigger market. And they had Durant and Westbrook.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Half the team in their postgames admitted they built the lead moving the ball, lost it by holding it, won by moving it. Really hope that game finally pounds that lesson into their heads.
                      Ridiculous that it's not obvious to everyone in that locker room, most of all the coaching staff. You have a whole regular season to work on this shit. It's night and day. When they move the ball they have a good looking offence. When they don't, they don't.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                        Ridiculous that it's not obvious to everyone in that locker room, most of all the coaching staff. You have a whole regular season to work on this shit. It's night and day. When they move the ball they have a good looking offence. When they don't, they don't.
                        I think the key to the Raptors' offensive strength is reacting to the defence. Throughout most of the regular season, their simple attack style led to great opportunities without much ball movement. That same attack style (in particular, the potency of their weapons within that style), could get them good looks now - except defences are loading up on those actions. The upside is, the Raptors offensive pieces are so good that teams have to sell out their coverages to stop it - like, for example, the Bucks hedging hard and doubling on every pick and roll. And that means that if the Raptors can properly recognize a defence that's selling out, they can break it with ball movement. Ball movement that generally does not actually help their offence that much if at all when defences play them straight up. The key is recognition, and discipline to not settle for difficult looks.

They failed that test last year - it took an otherworldly performance from JV on the boards to save them against Indy, and they were tooth and nail to get past a decimated Miami team. They failed it as well in the early part of the Bucks series, but for two and a half games, they looked good before turtling in the second half of game 6, settling into their default sets, trying to win the one-action attack. They woke up at the end of the game and moved the ball, cutting right through that aggressive defence, thank goodness, and hopefully that is lesson learned.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I think the key to the Raptors' offensive strength is reacting to the defence. Throughout most of the regular season, their simple attack style led to great opportunities without much ball movement. That same attack style (in particular, the potency of their weapons within that style), could get them good looks now - except defences are loading up on those actions. The upside is, the Raptors offensive pieces are so good that teams have to sell out their coverages to stop it - like, for example, the Bucks hedging hard and doubling on every pick and roll. And that means that if the Raptors can properly recognize a defence that's selling out, they can break it with ball movement. Ball movement that generally does not actually help their offence that much if at all when defences play them straight up. The key is recognition, and discipline to not settle for difficult looks.

They failed that test last year - it took an otherworldly performance from JV on the boards to save them against Indy, and they were tooth and nail to get past a decimated Miami team. They failed it as well in the early part of the Bucks series, but for two and a half games, they looked good before turtling in the second half of game 6, settling into their default sets, trying to win the one-action attack. They woke up at the end of the game and moved the ball, cutting right through that aggressive defence, thank goodness, and hopefully that is lesson learned.
                          Yep. Demar is good enough to get his mid range shot off almost whenever he wants - certainly against single coverage. And Lowry is of course a very good scorer too. But we know (should have known) going in to the playoffs, against better players, better defences, and teams having up to 7 games to focus on one team and with time for adjustments that scoring with an iso focused offence would be frustrated by our opponent.

I'm biased of course. I like an offence where the ball and the players move. Aesthetically but I also think it is a very efficient way to play. And it's repeatable once good habits are built. And it's harder to defend against.

But regardless of why we might have felt it was a good idea to run DD and KL in to the teeth of the opposing defence time and time again during the regular season, I don't think that will bare a lot of fruit against the Cavs. And we just don't need to play that way. When we just had JV as a 3rd scoring alternative (not including Ross off the bench) then perhaps I could understand running iso after iso and the ball not moving (I still didn't). But now we have Ibaka too. We have PJ who can hit a corner 3. We have Norm. We also have 2Pat and Carroll who can hit an open shot when on their game. Joseph too. Obviously those guys have had their struggles, but we have more offensive weapons than in (off)seasons past. We have more depth too. Let's at least play the right way. Move the ball - hit the open guy. If our guys miss open shots throughout the whole series then that's another thing, and we'd need to address that in the off season, but I'd at least like to see us try against the Cavs. We can do it. I've seen it. But then we revert. I think the only chance we have is if we move the ball against the Cavs, with DD and KL trusting their teammates. We'll need to play some D too - DD and KL will need to stand up and be accounted for on that end of the court too. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• honestly its derozan for getting it all going, but a close 2nd is Ibaka. all the blocks, deflections, presence helped us in that first round. secondly there were games like game 4 where anyone but derozan looked timid and afraid to shoot -- even lowry kept passing half open looks. Ibaka got those shots and kept jacking em, he went 4-16 but the shot clocks would've run out without him. LED BY EXAMPLE.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I love what NP did this series, but DD was amazing. In game 6 he got blocked many times, but he was not hesitant to drive to the basket, and his dunk over 4 Bucks players was nothing but unbelievable, the Bucks commentators could even say anything on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXDktGV-Xw
                              Last edited by RaptorsVictim; Sun Apr 30, 2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                                I love what NP did this series, but DD was amazing. In game 6 he got blocked many times, but he was not hesitant to drive to the basket, and his dunk over 4 Bucks players was nothing but unbelievable, the Bucks commentators could even say anything on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXDktGV-Xw
                                Haha, that is great.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X