Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,061 to 1,068 of 1068

Thread: Round #1, Game #3: Toronto Raptors 77 - Milwaukee Bucks 104 (MIL 2-1)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    True, our best hope is to use the Bucks aggressiveness against them. As they trap, they set themselves up for being over-stretched help defence (or "scramble" defence) and could create holes that anyone outside of Siakam can exploit. Don't need to create if the defence is out of position. Bucks walk a fine line with their defensive strategy, we just need to get enough ball and player movement to take advantage and flip the script.
    But...but...pound the rock....not pass the rock

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    There's a few different ways to attack aggressive pick and roll coverage. One method that Mike D'Antoni's SSOL teams popularized was what they termed "shorting the pick and roll":

Your big man sets a screen and rolls down one side of the paint, while the other big pops up the other side (the strong side of the floor). The key here is that the pass must now come quickly from the ball handler to the second big.

The big catches the quick pass and can either hit the rolling big off the screen and roll or he can kick to a shooter on the weak side (if his defender has sunk into the paint to contain that first rolling big).

The Raptors utilized this approach to good effect in the first half of game 2.

When it hasn't worked is when they've become passive, which has been far too often. The key to attacking aggressive trapping defenses is in the phrase itself: ATTACK! When DD and Lowry backpedal or fade to the sideline, the other Bucks defenders are then able to step into passing lanes and take away anything directed at the paint. Effectively, there is no one to pass to. At that point, Raps are bailing out to the weak side 35 feet from the rim giving the Bucks defense a chance to reset and rinse and repeat.
    The guards, especially DeRozan, too often pull the ball back out and wait for the defence to reset rather than attacking the double with ball movement to find an open roll man or shot. Have to be quick + decisive.

Kidd knows perfectly well the Raptors don't like to pass and finished 30th in the league in AST%. This is their kryptonite.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Raptors Republic Veteran Barolt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't post often here anymore, but on my rewatch today I posted some pictures from the game on my twitter timeline. Here's a few of my 'favorites':

DeMar guarding absolutely no one.

JV and Pat boxing each other out while no one contests the shot.

Everyone ignoring a wide open Giannis under the hoop.

Whatever this is.

This too.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    You're seriously the worst lol. Understand timing, nobody needs a vintage GLF rant right now
    LOL sorry. I'm just so in shock at what has transpired I don't know what else to say lol
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks Game 3

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed: Raps were rattled in Game 3.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Confirmed: Raps were rattled in Game 3.

Damn Nilanka, why you bump this game thread! Bury it!

And yes I'm aware I Rebumped the thread
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Damn Nilanka, why you bump this game thread! Bury it!

And yes I'm aware I Rebumped the thread
    I blame "Three Point Grange" (this pun makes me cringe every time).

9. Like KeonClark liked this post
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54

Thread Information