Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Look what Demar and Kyle have done! They have broken Christian!
    Nah...

The Greek Freak broke him and the Raptors with his bare and biggest hands in the league.

I wish it wasn't true but like Pac said "that's just the way it is"....cue the VC its ova gif.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Nah...

The Greek Freak broke him and the Raptors with his bare and biggest hands in the league.

I wish it wasn't true but like Pac said "that's just the way it is"....cue the VC its ova gif.
      God he's like 6 percent body fat. I'd kill for that shoulder arm separation.

Comment

• Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks Game 3

Comment

• time to fight back or it's end of the season
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• RAPTORS @ BUCKS Game #4 - Saturday April 22nd 3pm

Matt Damon wrote: View Post
            We are literally down 2-1 in a 7 game series and half of the "fans" on this forum have completely left the team for dead and packed it in for the season.

I, for one, still think we have a strong chance of winning this series. Why? Because I am a real fan who has seen this team at much worse, and I still believe in our guys to fight back in game 4 after a dismal effort in game 3.

Perhaps I even view their chances at success a tad irrationally, but that is what a true fan does; stands behind their team and believes in them, rather than crying and pointing fingers before all is even said and done. It's called optimism and loyalty, try it out sometime.

Or, on the contrary, you could try joining a Warriors or Cavs forum, there are surely plenty of folks you can relate to on there. In any event, stop the needless moping and let's get excited about game 4!
            Ok, got to call out this Grade A bullshit.

First off, as a mod, I have to tell you that you don't have any right to call anyone on here, let alone "half the forum" not "real" fans. Everyone here is a fan of this team, most likely the hardcore of hardcore can be found at RR and I will defend their right to post what they want about this team regardless of whether I agree with them or not. If you disagree with their posts then cool, make posts trying to sway people but don't ever try to tell them they aren't real fans.

As a poster, I say that you need to recognize that many people who have this team left for dead think they will come back to beat the Bucks but that it won't change the long term adjustments that are needed for this team to be where we all want them to be. If we beat the Bucks, then we draw the Cavs in round 2 which doesn't look like something we are ready for.

Loyalty means cheering, watching and following a team for years. It doesn't mean you need to blindly support every thing the team does. I doubt you proudly supported Bargnani right up until his trade. Wanting Bargnani gone was a perfectly rational way to support the team and no one would have questioned you for not being a real fan for feeling that way.

Optimism can mean many things. I am optimistic that we will beat the Bucks but don't think we'll do well in round 2. I'm optimistic that Masai can make the right changes. I'm optimistic about guys like Wright and Powell taking on bigger roles. Lots of optimism just not a lot about this current group of players and coaches. Maybe a new coach changes everything. Maybe Lowry walks. Maybe Ibaka takes less to stay. No one knows what the future has in store but I can say with complete certainty that all of the fans on this forum will still be cheering for the team cause that's loyalty.
            Last edited by Axel; Sat Apr 22, 2017, 08:16 AM.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Am I the only one who has a good feeling about this game? #OptimismBias

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Am I the only one who has a good feeling about this game? #OptimismBias
                I think the Bucks do

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  I think the Bucks do
                  Kill the deer!

Comment

Am I the only one who has a good feeling about this game? #OptimismBias
                    I think we grind this one out similar to game 2 and maybe take the series in 6 if we're lucky.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      I think we grind this one out similar to game 2 and maybe take the series in 6 if we're lucky.
                      We're gonna win at so many levels.

Comment

We're gonna win at so many levels.

We are going to win so much that we'll be sick of winning ....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any suggestions on best place to watch the game in Toronto? I am aware of Real Sports Bar but looking for other ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I don't want to simplify things too much but has this series been decided by something as simple as the 3pt shot? Gm1 (convincing Bucks win) Mil 39% Tor 22%. Gm2 (Raps barely win) Mil 48% Tor 48%. Gm3 (Bucks in a blowout) Mil 52% Tor 27%. Yes, cause and effect is tough to tease out. Better ball movement gets you better looks at threes. But made threes gives you points (duh), assists, no run outs, time to set your defence..confidence? It's an unpredictable shot and you are who you are. If the Raps shoot 48% in one game, they've probably got a stinker coming. Hope they make a few more tomorrow
                            I think it has more to do with the Bucks D. They let off the gas a little in game 2 and we were able to win. But games 1 and 3, they were jacked and defending aggressively, and our boys couldn't deal with it. If the Bucks play the same way today, well...it's doesn't look good in that scenario.

Comment

• Maybe the raps should start Ibaka, Patterson, Tucker, Demar and Lowry for this one.

Comment

• W

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X