So who are you cheering for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Celtics still made shots when they had to. Props to Celtics! But this is why situation with IT is difficult for Celtics. He's just a defensive liability.
    You can't hide a defensive liability in the playoffs - especially at PG or C. With game-planning, opposing teams just attack it relentlessly. Lowry and DD shouldn't be defensive liabilities, but they've been allowed to slack on defense on this team. JV is a liability against small lineups, but the Raps had a ton of good options this year to counter. Raps best defensive game against the Cavs was when Joseph started, coincidentally.

Comment

fucking Smart out there boxing out TT, guarding Lebron on switches, guarding Kyrie. He's good. Just need to get his offense going.
      Casey couldn't muster any good strategy against Lebron. The Celtics coach is pretty good, Raptors need to ditch old man Casey for some new innovative young blood.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Casey couldn't muster any good strategy against Lebron. The Celtics coach is pretty good, Raptors need to ditch old man Casey for some new innovative young blood.
        eh I wouldn't say it was strategy. Not playing IT makes Celtics a better defensive team. And it wasn't really defense on Lebron. He was just really passive. But I'm down for coaching change if new coach is good. But I don't know who is really available.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

eh I wouldn't say it was strategy. Not playing IT makes Celtics a better defensive team. And it wasn't really defense on Lebron. He was just really passive. But I'm down for coaching change if new coach is good. But I don't know who is really available.
          You could call it passive, but Lebron was making the correct basketball play and not forcing things. Celtics were defending him the way teams used to.... back off and make him a distance jump shooter. They had a slight wrinkle which was to quickly bring a second defender right when he started his drive, which left the help defender's man wide open. Celtics just got away with some non red-hot shooting by the Cavs in the second half - they've been scorching hot and were bound to have a few normal quarters. Lebron used to get criticized in the past for passing the ball when he was double-teamed, but he's always played the same way his whole career; finding the open man and not forcing up contested shots.

Celtics were also due to have a good shooting game, so this game was more like regression to the mean. The big story of this game is Marcus Smart playing like a man possessed on both ends of the court. And to a lesser extent, we also saw the Jonas Jerebko podium game. Unlikely that those 2 things happen again.

Comment

• LeBron just picked up his 4th foul. 6 mins to go in the 1st half. BOS up 13.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              LeBron just picked up his 4th foul. 6 mins to go in the 1st half. BOS up 13.

Are the Celtics better without IT? Guy is a black hole on defence. Or is this just a short run of good luck?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Is this really happening right now? LeBron with 4 fouls and the Celtics are up...? It ain't over until it's over... But whoa...

Make me even more worried about the Raptors.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post
                  Is this really happening right now? LeBron with 4 fouls and the Celtics are up...? It ain't over until it's over... But whoa...

Make me even more worried about the Raptors.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
                  Brad. Stevens.

*runs away*
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Brad. Stevens.

*runs away*
                    And.... so much for that.

Comment

• I know I call them the Lebrons but if Irving doesn't get hurt in game 1 two years ago, Cavs are looking for a three peat this year.

Comment

• I know I call them the Lebrons but if Irving doesn't get hurt in game 1 two years ago, Cavs are looking for a three peat this year.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          I know I call them the Lebrons but if Irving doesn't get hurt in game 1 two years ago, Cavs are looking for a three peat this year.
                          Both Irving and Love were out but somehow Lebron had to throw Blatt under the bus.

Comment

• I can't believe there is still this much of a separation between the two conferences. Cav's are literally not going going to face any challenges until they reach the finals.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I can't believe there is still this much of a separation between the two conferences. Cav's are literally not going going to face any challenges until they reach the finals.
                              To be fair, neither have the Warriors...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                To be fair, neither have the Warriors...
                                That's true this season and because of the Leonard injury. Can't help but feel some of those Western Conf. teams could have given the Cav's more run for their money. How cool would it be to do an inter conference playoffs with the top 16 seeds? Not realistic but would be more fun to watch as a fan I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X