So who are you cheering for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• The NBA is the most controlled sports entertainment franchise on the planet...they trail only the WWE

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        The NBA is the most controlled sports entertainment franchise on the planet...they trail only the WWE
        I'm less and less interested in hockey each year that goes by, but damn there's no comparison between the parity, excitement, and unpredictability you get in the NHL playoffs vs. the all too predictable NBA playoffs.

Hopefully the Finals will make up for some of the extremely forgettable series in the first 3 rounds.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I'm less and less interested in hockey each year that goes by, but damn there's no comparison between the parity, excitement, and unpredictability you get in the NHL playoffs vs. the all too predictable NBA playoffs.

Hopefully the Finals will make up for some of the extremely forgettable series in the first 3 rounds.
          I hope so too. But these playoffs were one of the worst in years.

Comment

• With Raptors playoffs are always exciting. It's just that Raps fans don't like that kind of excitement lmao
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              I hope so too. But these playoffs were one of the worst in years.
              Part of that is the West is far less competitive than it has been in a long time. The 4-8 seeds out West used to be much closer to the 1-3 seeds but there is a lot of separation now. The Eastern conference hasn't had a great playoff year for some time now. You combined that with GSW and CLE being so dominant and you're going to have a pretty uneventful playoff season.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

My take...

Unpredictability = Quality of goaltending

Goal protection is the big X factor and most of the playoff teams now have high quality goalies...and those that get xtra "hot" in the playoffs provides for the parity and unpredictability. The margin of error is miniscule.

This last line of defense of course is not available in bb....maybe that fabulous rim protector (not too many of those left) but he can't stop the raining treys these days.

Comment

• I am cheering for a 7 game series for the finals with competitive games throughout

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The Eastern conference hasn't had a great playoff year for some time now.
                    It's been a while for sure. Heat/Celtics went 7 games in 2012 and Heat/Pacers went 7 in 2013. Those were probably the two best EC playoff series (not just conference finals) in the last 10 years, and the rest of the lot is pretty forgettable. You definitely don't get anything like the 2015 Clippers/Spurs first round series in the East.

I'm hoping a really good Giannis vs. Lebron series in the near future + that they don't just miss each other's primes.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Finally. Game 1 of the NBA Finals. #ImNotAFanOfThisSchedule

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Finally. Game 1 of the NBA Finals. #ImNotAFanOfThisSchedule
                        It's absurd that the series could potentially last until June 18th. Ridiculous. Nearly three full weeks to play 7 games.

Comment

It's absurd that the series could potentially last until June 18th. Ridiculous. Nearly three full weeks to play 7 games.
                          Not sure why they won't schedule back-to-backs during the playoffs, it's not like the players are not used to them.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                            Not sure why they won't schedule back-to-backs during the playoffs, it's not like the players are not used to them.
                            It's not so much back to backs, as just not having loads of extra off days between games. Playing every other night would mean a 7 game series lasts at most 13 days, not 18 days.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wrong thread/
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Jun 2, 2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

That's the whole idea. Keep the NBA in the spotlight as long as possible and hopefully some interesting story in the off-season maintains some level of public interest in the NBA brand. David Stern was over the moon when Lebron got all that free publicity for the NBA that summer of "The Decision".

Comment

Working...
                                X