• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol

Comment

• LeBron got 7 turnovers already

Comment

• Good news for the Cavs - they're only down 8 at the half!

Bad news for the Cavs - the Warriors are a paltry 3-13 from behind the arc

Comment

• After 3, Cavs down 21

Comment

• Holy guacamole

Comment

• Imagine if the Raps had somehow made past Cleveland and were playing the Warriors lmao
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Imagine if the Raps had somehow made past Cleveland and were playing the Warriors lmao
                If Lebron was injured sure I could imagine facing the Warriors now, but by the mid of the 3rd the Warriors would already be ahead by 25-30 points and this game would be out of reach each time. Its fucking not fair that Durant signed with the Warriors and they didn't even try to recruit him!! I can totally see the Warriors beating the Cavs in 4 games but it most likely be 5 or 6 games. When you get the best insurance policy by the name of Kevin Durant, you cannot be stopped.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  If Lebron was injured sure I could imagine facing the Warriors now, but by the mid of the 3rd the Warriors would already be ahead by 25-30 points and this game would be out of reach each time. Its fucking not fair that Durant signed with the Warriors and they didn't even try to recruit him!! I can totally see the Warriors beating the Cavs in 4 games but it most likely be 5 or 6 games. When you get the best insurance policy by the name of Kevin Durant, you cannot be stopped.
                  Honestly I don't blame KD or GSW at all too like a lot of people do. Its not their job to take into account the competitive balance of the league, but to win games. The fact that the cap spike corresponded to the same time KD was a free agent and GS was in a position to sign him coming off the best regular season ever is still an amazing coincidence to me, but the league/owners could have taken this all into account better by gradual increases of the cap (which had been talked about). Always seemed to me that owners wanted the TV money asap without considering possible repercussions and now everyone wants to whine about the repercussions. For every super team like GS, there is a Brooklyn/Sacramento/Orlando etc. who screws their fan base over with inept management; we have decided GS is not alright and laugh at the stupidity of Sacramento. Sorry to go on a rant lol, really had nothing to do with your post now that I reread, but I know the parity criticisms are on the way lol.

Comment

• Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Honestly I don't blame KD or GSW at all too like a lot of people do. Its not their job to take into account the competitive balance of the league, but to win games. The fact that the cap spike corresponded to the same time KD was a free agent and GS was in a position to sign him coming off the best regular season ever is still an amazing coincidence to me, but the league/owners could have taken this all into account better by gradual increases of the cap (which had been talked about). Always seemed to me that owners wanted the TV money asap without considering possible repercussions and now everyone wants to whine about the repercussions. For every super team like GS, there is a Brooklyn/Sacramento/Orlando etc. who screws their fan base over with inept management; we have decided GS is not alright and laugh at the stupidity of Sacramento. Sorry to go on a rant lol, really had nothing to do with your post now that I reread, but I know the parity criticisms are on the way lol.
                      Yeah, you can't blame GS or Durrant for taking advantage of the system.

Definitely on the league to fix things. Though Adam Silver says there is nothing wrong, he has to to be pretty concerned with how the playoffs went/are going this season. No competitive balance at all. It's a crappy product for fans to consume and will only hurt the sport going forward.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, you can't blame GS or Durrant for taking advantage of the system.

Definitely on the league to fix things. Though Adam Silver says there is nothing wrong, he has to to be pretty concerned with how the playoffs went/are going this season. No competitive balance at all. It's a crappy product for fans to consume and will only hurt the sport going forward.
                        The NBA came of age with two teams dominating the league for the better part of an entire decade in the 80s, then built off of that by having one man dominate the entire league for the better part of another decade. Don't think the league office is too concerned about parity....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          The NBA came of age with two teams dominating the league for the better part of an entire decade in the 80s, then built off of that by having one man dominate the entire league for the better part of another decade. Don't think the league office is too concerned about parity....
                          Dominating, but the games weren't blow-outs. You still had teams giving the bulls good fights like the jazz, the sonics, the pistons etc. I think I could count the amount of close games this playoffs on one hand, half of them being Memphis/San Antonio. Pretty bad product when fans are likely changing the channel even by halftime.

Comment

• Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Dominating, but the games weren't blow-outs. You still had teams giving the bulls good fights like the jazz, the sonics, the pistons etc. I think I could count the amount of close games this playoffs on one hand, half of them being Memphis/San Antonio. Pretty bad product when fans are likely changing the channel even by halftime.
                              I don't disagree, but that's the 3-ball era for you - a magnification point differential. If you're on, and can stifle the other team behind the arc, it's blowout city.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                You don't think that two teams sweeping their way to the finals year after year would hurt the sport? I don't see how it wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X