No announcement yet.

So who are you cheering for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurs only. I despise all the other teams except for Houston, but I despise James Harden.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      These playoffs are BRUTAL. Blowouts after blowouts after blowouts. It's really turning me off. NHL Playoffs is way more entertaining and it's not even close.

NBA should just cancel the regular season every year and let the Cavs/Warriors play a best of 7 series to start the year. Both those teams are so much better than everyone else smh. Compare it to the NHL, and I still don't know who's going to win the Cup. Nashville? Ottawa? Pittsburgh? Edmonton? Anaheim?
      Different sports. The NBA has always been thus. It's like people can't remember more than 2 years back. In fact, you can make an argument that the league has never had more parity at the elite level than it has in the last 15 years.

In the 80s, the Eastern Conference had 3 teams go to the Finals. The West had 2 teams. 2. 5 different orgs total

The 90s saw four different ECF reps and the WCF got 7. 11 different orgs total.

The 00s had 8 different representatives from out East and a grand total of 3 from out west. 11 different orgs total.

So far, the '10s have seen 4 different western teams and three different ECF teams. 7 total. Even if you count the Lebrons as 1 team, it's still more than in entire decade of the 80s.

Comment

It's getting annoying how predictable the NBA is now hopefully when the warriors and cavs rivalry ends we can have some exciting new teams every year.

Comment

What if to balance out the league you are allowed only one max contract per team??

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
            What if to balance out the league you are allowed only one max contract per team??
            Then you'd see max contract minus $1 per year contracts.

The practical idea along those lines is the franchise player tag, wherein there is one player you can sign to a much higher contract value than others. The idea has been bandied about.

But the easiest way to go about balancing the league is with a hard cap.

The problem is not having the ability to balance the league - that's actually pretty easy. The problem is, I don't think the league wants to be balanced. The current model (which has been dramatically unbalanced for decades) is raking in record revenues. Why change it now?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I have no problem with superteams. Casuals love them. And you get to see a team that can contend for the title of greatest team of all time. You are witnessing history. Be grateful
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Then you'd see max contract minus $1 per year contracts.

The practical idea along those lines is the franchise player tag, wherein there is one player you can sign to a much higher contract value than others. The idea has been bandied about.

But the easiest way to go about balancing the league is with a hard cap.

The problem is not having the ability to balance the league - that's actually pretty easy. The problem is, I don't think the league wants to be balanced. The current model (which has been dramatically unbalanced for decades) is raking in record revenues. Why change it now?
                Well, except the basis for the ever increasing revenue pie is stupid tv executives. With ESPN in freefall and the massive losses Rogers is eating on its hockey deal, I'm not so sure the ever increasing revenue piece is a sure bet. Although, in fairness, that is going to be the case regardless of how much parity there is in any league.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  First root for: however unlikely, a miracle upset on either side of the bracket. Fuck lebron and fuck the warriors.

If it's the inevitable trilogy in the finals, it's go lebron. I hate the smug warriors even more so, especially durant and draymond
                  Even though Dahntay Jones is a living piece of shit that lives in Lebron's pubic hair for a Championship, I wanna see Durant fail and see all those smug Warriors fans question why they could not win with 4 All-Stars.

Comment

Well now literally all the teams I like are out. Raps, Utah, Portland, Memphis, Houston. It's been a rough playoffs for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Houston lost by 39, at home, in an elimination game, to a team missing their best player and their starting point guard. WTF
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        Houston lost by 39, at home, in an elimination game, to a team missing their best player and their starting point guard. WTF
                        they want to be like Raptors so bad smh

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          Shows you how valuable a good coach (the best coach) is. I mean the Spurs without Kawhi is just Aldridge (without Parker either) with a whole bunch of spare parts bench players who executed a game plan to perfection. You compare the Raptors with the Spurs without Kawhi and the Raptors talent wise are supposed to be the superior team but they aren't.

Something is missing..
                          Last edited by Hotshot; Fri May 12, 2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Shows you how valuable a good coach (the best coach) is. I mean the Spurs without Kawhi is just Aldridge (without Parker either) with a whole bunch of spare parts bench players who executed a game plan to perfection. You compare the Raptors with the Spurs without Kawhi and the Raptors talent wise are supposed to be the superior team but they aren't.

Something is missing..
                            The greatest coach of all time

Comment

So the media is picking up on this idea that the league is becoming boring and predictable with it's inevitable Cavs/Dubs final. Yet we're to believe that the league wants this matchup because it's good for ratings.

Well, which is it? Boring or exciting?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                So the media is picking up on this idea that the league is becoming boring and predictable with it's inevitable Cavs/Dubs final. Yet we're to believe that the league wants this matchup because it's good for ratings.

Well, which is it? Boring or exciting?

They want Cavs and Dubs final but they want more competitive battles along the way. Or they are just complaining because they can

Comment

Working...
                                X