Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    lol so now JV can get you Aldridge? weren't you the guy who wanted to trade him for Danny Green earlier this week?
    I said Cojo and JV. No way JV value is good enough for LMA on his own. Pop has always loved Cojo and never wanted to lose him . They just didn't have the cap for him after the LMA signing.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Opinions vary....
      hey i'm not saying it doesn't have utility in the correct context.

So i guess the question is how strong are we on these? Personally i'm kind of wondering what the "vision" is for this team now. We have been hearing about "playing different" every summer, so it's easy to dismiss the idea that things will change, but Masai seemed pretty ticked off this week. I hope he figures out pretty quickly what kind of team he wants this to be, though.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I said Cojo and JV. No way JV value is good enough for LMA on his own. Pop has always loved Cojo and never wanted to lose him . They just didn't have the cap for him after the LMA signing.
        Actually i kinda think that Pop would look at that deal semi-seriously. It'd give him a PG and a young big. if Parker's done and he wants to build a bit more long-term that's a potentially solid deal, he can develop Murray with Joseph starting.

My incredulity is more related to the fact that our resident JV hater suddenly thinks that he and Cory Joseph is a package that gets you a proven all-star (even one as maligned as LMA this post-season). Also for our side, i think you'd be sorely disappointed to discover that barring system/further personnel changes, Lamarcus would struggle in our PnR defence for much the same reasons that JV did.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I'm going to leave this model here for people to think about in conjunction with this topic....

I'm thinking about the management consulting fees..... and running very quickly away from the person presenting these slides. lol.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I'm going to add a part. Let's call it 3a:

If JV should happen to establish decent, deep post position, and a simple entry pass is available, it's preferable for the guard (generally Cojo) to reverse the ball to the other side of the court.
            Added, edited and extended to The JV Play

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Corporate jargon that's maximally vague/ambiguous, which can be interpreted in a myriad of ways, depending on your pre-conceived biases?

Agreed.
              Man, you guys are cynical.....

Comment

Actually i kinda think that Pop would look at that deal semi-seriously. It'd give him a PG and a young big. if Parker's done and he wants to build a bit more long-term that's a potentially solid deal, he can develop Murray with Joseph starting.

My incredulity is more related to the fact that our resident JV hater suddenly thinks that he and Cory Joseph is a package that gets you a proven all-star (even one as maligned as LMA this post-season). Also for our side, i think you'd be sorely disappointed to discover that barring system/further personnel changes, Lamarcus would struggle in our PnR defence for much the same reasons that JV did.
                Nah, he is better than JV when comes to pnr D and on switchs. Saw him switch onto Harden a couple time last couple game and held his own.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nah, he is better than JV when comes to pnr D and on switchs. Saw him switch onto Harden a couple time last couple game and held his own.

i also saw the spurs change their PnR coverage entirely in the series to allow Aldridge and Gasol to remain on the floor and punish Houston. Too bad Casey has never once been able to do that.

Comment

i also saw the spurs change their PnR coverage entirely in the series to allow Aldridge and Gasol to remain on the floor and punish Houston. Too bad Casey has never once been able to do that.
                    Gasol/LMA are and have always been better defenders than JV. Trust me if we had LMA he wouldn't sit in the 4th because of his D.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Gasol/LMA are and have always been better defenders than JV. Trust me if we had LMA he wouldn't sit in the 4th because of his D.

oh i have complete certainty that he wouldn't be sitting but that doesn't mean he would be well suited to our defensive "system" either. also pau gasol for the last few years before joining SA has been a terrible defender. yes, worse than JV, who is slow and in a bad system but can rebound. Pau was slow, lacking interest, and didn't rebound.
                      Last edited by KHD; Fri May 12, 2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

oh i have complete certainty that he wouldn't be sitting but that doesn't mean he would be well suited to our defensive "system" either.
                        I think he would fit in just fine. I think our D would still be top 10 with him on the team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think he would fit in just fine. I think our D would still be top 10 with him on the team.

Of course you would think that. Defence and Offence Top 16 in the playoffs too, right?

Comment

• Why would Pop want Cory Joseph when he has that young kid Murray? Who played really well last game

Comment

• Nah. When jV drops back he drops too deep. Giving a guard too much space to operate. Kyrie had wide open pull up everytime. You can say guards fight through screens better but league is not made up of Bebe's. Bigs who are in playoffs know how to set screens. Plus Milwaukee was setting illegal picks whole series. So you cant expect guards to fight through. Casey deserves a lot of blame. But we gotta look at JV objectively. He's a bad defender. Doesnt matter what system you put him in. Just my two cents.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Kyrie had wide open pull up everytime. You can say guards fight through screens better but league is not made up of Bebe's
                                except that he didn't when cory was defending in the pick and roll. so yeah, actually, you can say guards need to fight through screens better.

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Bigs who are in playoffs know how to set screens. Plus Milwaukee was setting illegal picks whole series. So you cant expect guards to fight through.
                                all nba screens are illegal, every team faces that.

Comment

Working...
                                X