Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Both plays look similar and u would run them with ibaka. If we don't have the players to hit open shots that's a problem
    KHD wrote: View Post
    i dunno. 3/5 of those guys can hit a jumpshot from there fairly consistently (well, maybe not patterson but not for lack of ability). If the defence sags then just take the shot. Rather that shot than the garbage we usually run.
    Still don't think it works well enough to really be a staple of the offence. Pretty sure every defence in the NBA will be perfectly happy to allow Ibaka to take 17 foot jumpers because it's not a very efficient shot and he'd be the best of the bunch (so all downhill from there). I'm all for finding new offence, but that screams lateral move at best.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Both plays look similar and u would run them with ibaka. If we don't have the players to hit open shots that's a problem
      KHD wrote: View Post
      i dunno. 3/5 of those guys can hit a jumpshot from there fairly consistently (well, maybe not patterson but not for lack of ability). If the defence sags then just take the shot. Rather that shot than the garbage we usually run.
      Still don't think it works well enough to really be a staple of the offence. Pretty sure every defence in the NBA will be perfectly happy to allow Ibaka to take 17 foot jumpers because it's not a very efficient shot and he'd be the best of the bunch (so all downhill from there). I'm all for finding new offence, but that screams lateral move at best.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        yeah i'm not saying it's a staple. but you can run it sometimes.

our whole problem is that we run the same thing over and over and over again. let's improve the repertoire.

Comment

• U know what I want in terms of culture...PLAYERS AND COACHES THAT DONT MAKE EXCUSES! Our big 3 Casey, Lowry , derozan all make excuses. Even the fans announcers make excuses it's a disgusting Canadian habit

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            He obviously thought it could work. How would we know if a system is successful? Either way raps lose to Cavs. A more heavily ball movement offence still would got swept. If nothing else changed and Lowry still got hurt.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Loosing to Cavs -no issue.
            But we got destroyed.
            In addition last 4 yrs:
            Lost to Nets (lower seed)
            Got destroyed by Wash (lower seed);
            Barely beat Heat & Indy (both lower seeds);
            Barely beat Bucks (lower seed);
            It appears to me that this style (1 on 1 iso) does not work esp in playoffs (or maybe vs better teams period).
            Last year & this year struggle again.
            At what point does Masai decide to pull the trigger (on system or Casey)?
            Basically in 4 years as a 2 or 3 seed we've yet to sweep (or beat in 5 games) a lower seed.
            If players are good enough to get us a 2 or 3 seed they should parlay that in more success in playoffs.
            Clearly playoff BBall is different. Our coaching staff seem to have difficulty adapting to it.
            I dont think Masai has a choice -Casey has to go.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
              Loosing to Cavs -no issue.
              But we got destroyed.
              In addition last 4 yrs:
              Lost to Nets (lower seed)
              Got destroyed by Wash (lower seed);
              Barely beat Heat & Indy (both lower seeds);
              Barely beat Bucks (lower seed);
              It appears to me that this style (1 on 1 iso) does not work esp in playoffs (or maybe vs better teams period).
              Last year & this year struggle again.
              At what point does Masai decide to pull the trigger (on system or Casey)?
              Basically in 4 years as a 2 or 3 seed we've yet to sweep (or beat in 5 games) a lower seed.
              If players are good enough to get us a 2 or 3 seed they should parlay that in more success in playoffs.
              Clearly playoff BBall is different. Our coaching staff seem to have difficulty adapting to it.
              I dont think Masai has a choice -Casey has to go.
              Everyone is getting destroyed by Cavs and GSW.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 16, 2017, 10:12 PM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

excuses it's a disgusting Canadian habit
                Haven't heard many in the NHL playoffs.... so no, it's not a "Canadian" thing, its a weak ass NBA team thing, and not unique to any one sport. Toronto is just bad for it.

Comment

Everyone is getting destroyed by Cavs and GSW.

This part true. Boston is getting destroyed right now
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    This part true. Boston is getting destroyed right now
                    Wait, you mean Brad "offensive genius" Stevens' ball movement offense isn't making a difference? Shocker.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wait, you mean Brad "offensive genius" Stevens' ball movement offense isn't making a difference? Shocker.

l o fucking l if you think that we wouldn't have been a much better team with Stevens at the helm instead of Casey.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        l o fucking l if you think that we wouldn't have been a much better team with Stevens at the helm instead of Casey.
                        Better......as in still destroyed?

I think it's time for people to understand that Lebron and therefore Cleveland is just that good and we can't jump to conclusions because we got blown out by them.

They are the defending champions.

We need to change our style of play/system..... But for all the stuff people were saying about our system..... We're the only East team to beat Cleveland twice in a series in the last 3 years...... Take that in.
                        Last edited by special1; Thu May 18, 2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

I think it's time for people to understand that Lebron and therefore Cleveland is just that good and we can't jump to conclusions because we got blown out by them.

We need to change our style of play/system..... But for all the stuff people were saying about our system..... We're the only East team to beat Cleveland twice in a series in the last 3 years...... Take that in.
                          Chicago Bulls in 2015?

Comment

Based on the 2016 series against the Cavs and this series, its fair to say the Cavs took their foot off the gas pedal in those 2 losses. They are 8-2 in the last 2 Playoffs against the Raptors, and the Cavs won by an average of approximately 22 points in those 8 wins.

You'd have a point if the Cavs-Raptors series were actually competitive, but they were not.

It was glaringly obvious the Cavs couldn't care less about the Raptors based on their antics in this series.

Comment

Cavs are 33-4 in playoffs since LBJ came back. Raps responsible for half the losses.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Based on the 2016 series against the Cavs and this series, its fair to say the Cavs took their foot off the gas pedal in those 2 losses. They are 8-2 in the last 2 Playoffs against the Raptors, and the Cavs won by an average of approximately 22 points in those 8 wins.

You'd have a point if the Cavs-Raptors series were actually competitive, but they were not.

It was glaringly obvious the Cavs couldn't care less about the Raptors based on their antics in this series.
                                I still believe Raps win at least one home game with Lowry playing. If not both. Raps weren't embarrassed at home for 4 straight qs like Celtics. No, such thing as fake wins in the playoffs.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X