Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    I believe Masai has acknowledged he is to blame.
    More top-notch spin!
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      He is because he continues to ride with Casey.
      For now, yes. The fans are not his only constituency unfortunately. Big picture has to be paramount for a GM/Pres.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        More top-notch spin!
        What would you have preferred? Come in yelling and screaming and banging tables, everyone's fired and we suck? He had to make a speech less than 48 hours after the elimination. Sober thought is needed before making your next move. Making moves on emotion is for emotional people. Masai strikes me as a lot more measured.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          What would you have preferred? Come in yelling and screaming and banging tables, everyone's fired and we suck?.
          Don't have a problem with it; just don't put much stock in any of it.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Thinking about culture change? Has anyone seen the blurb in the link below?

Now there was a 5some who was feared by most other teams....and had something to say about our lot. And much to my chagrin have to agree (considering which team).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...break-toronto/

Comment

I think Slaw said it best when he said Casey is a company man. I've always wondered what Casey's ideals actually are, I've gotten the sense that this team has played the way it has played because they thought that was the best way to maximize Lowry and DeRozan, which they figured was the best way to give themselves a chance to win. What Ujiri is saying is that everybody was on the same page with that approach, the GM, the coach, and the two All-Stars. Now Ujiri is taking charge in setting a new direction, Lowry's "they adapt to me" just became Ujiri's motto for next season. I would expect a coach or players who fail to execute won't last.

The real question is definitely how much of a shift the current coach + core is actually capable of. I don't like that we may be signed up for yet another season of "well let's see where this goes." I'd rather they change the coach right now to set the course for that change
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Thinking about culture change? Has anyone seen the blurb in the link below?

Now there was a 5some who was feared by most other teams....and had something to say about our lot. And much to my chagrin have to agree (considering which team).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...break-toronto/
                I was so infuriated with Lowry and Derozan's comments. My last thought of keeping this core together was done after hearing what they said. It's a damn joke.

Comment

chr1s1anl wrote: View Post
                  he meant absolutely nothing. Masai put on his politician hat and told the fans what they wanted to hear. Masai won that press conference. He said a lot but, said nothing at the same time. Even after that press conference no one has any better idea on what he will do.

Sent from my lg-h831 using tapatalk
                  he meant : We soft !

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I think Slaw said it best when he said Casey is a company man. I've always wondered what Casey's ideals actually are, I've gotten the sense that this team has played the way it has played because they thought that was the best way to maximize Lowry and DeRozan, which they figured was the best way to give themselves a chance to win. What Ujiri is saying is that everybody was on the same page with that approach, the GM, the coach, and the two All-Stars. Now Ujiri is taking charge in setting a new direction, Lowry's "they adapt to me" just became Ujiri's motto for next season. I would expect a coach or players who fail to execute won't last.

The real question is definitely how much of a shift the current coach + core is actually capable of. I don't like that we may be signed up for yet another season of "well let's see where this goes." I'd rather they change the coach right now to set the course for that change
                    Quite agree with what you write. I as well have maintained that Casey's best assets valued by the new gm (Masai) was that he had the confidence of the team, was good with external relations (the press & within the league) and was not prone to rock the boat. This would suit any new head man who also was not prone to off the cuff decision making.

But as MU rightly said in not so many words....the rubber has hit the road...same results with the same methodology & main cogs. Something has to give. I as well wish MU had not been loyal to a fault and at least tried another headman before giving DC his last extension. But thats water under the bridge now.

As far as your last para goes, we just have to await on Masai and his crew's ponderings over the next few weeks. The draft and free agent periods and rumours will provide some clues. I with many am not sold entirely on Casey coming back. MU had to take that position for now. It will depend also on how free agents think of what the system and style of play will be going forward. MU may also decide that the current team is not capable of playing a high energy passing offense (they have done it in fits but revert when posed with a defense who have cued in). I have no idea if Casey is capable of coaching a sustained offensive approach nevermind changing the approach of a KL/DD in this regard. It's on MU to figure that out. I think the forum is also quite agreed on another Casey deficiency....in game adjustments. ...and come playoff time this becomes more crucial.

If Casey stays to start the next season I believe it will be a loyalty play mostly by Masai...one last chance...no appreciable change by Dec. and he probably goes. Players would be the only ones to force Masai's hand before that and I dont know anyone other than Lowry who might do this.

Comment

How many times can you hear 'pound the rock' before starting to lose your mind.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                        How many times can you hear 'pound the rock' before starting to lose your mind.
                        The Rock getting pounded. Ironically, that rock's name is Dwayne.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

We've had six years of Casey's ideals. He was here before Masai, not the other way around. And the criticisms of his tenures with Minnesota, pre-Masai, and post-Masai have all been exactly the same.

We fired his assistants to give him an opportunity to change. We traded for pieces specifically to suit him. We added guys from ball-movement systems like CoJo and Carroll. We traded for renowned defenders like Tucker snd Ibaka.

Further, if he couldn't figure out the best way to use these players for four years and secretly had better ideas but didn't use them because he is a company man, then he is a shitty leader anyway and too weak-minded to be in charge.

It is quite simply a colossal failure in leadership to bring him back yet again. Yet again I have to say that it's insanity to keep trying the same things expecting different results.

That all said, I am holding out a flicker of hope that all this spin bullshit will be cast aside and Masai is quietly looking for a replacement.

Comment

The calendar either just turn 2010...or someone missed the 7 years of the NBA.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              We've had six years of Casey's ideals. He was here before Masai, not the other way around. And the criticisms of his tenures with Minnesota, pre-Masai, and post-Masai have all been exactly the same.

We fired his assistants to give him an opportunity to change. We traded for pieces specifically to suit him. We added guys from ball-movement systems like CoJo and Carroll. We traded for renowned defenders like Tucker snd Ibaka.

Further, if he couldn't figure out the best way to use these players for four years and secretly had better ideas but didn't use them because he is a company man, then he is a shitty leader anyway and too weak-minded to be in charge.

It is quite simply a colossal failure in leadership to bring him back yet again. Yet again I have to say that it's insanity to keep trying the same things expecting different results.

That all said, I am holding out a flicker of hope that all this spin bullshit will be cast aside and Masai is quietly looking for a replacement.
                              And yet Pounding the Rock actually is doing the same thing over and over again, but getting a different result.

Comment

I think one of the core will be gone. Only one of them isn't under contract. So I think Lowry will be the one who is gone. i just don't see Masai offering the MAX. I think the Max is the only thing that will stop Lowry from going ring chasing out west.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X