Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    After Masai confirmed what a lot of us had debated about, I'm starting to feel like we don't need a GOAT level coach. Just somebody who can implement O & D systems and instill a culture of accountability better than Casey. Masai can get the talent.
    True, I was just making a point. I think with a non-GOAT coach there will still be a tank faction, though, because we don't have a AAA superstar, and tanking has the highest odds of landing one.

Not being able to land a GOAT coach is not by any means an excuse/rationale to retain Casey.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      LMA is so good ... TONIGHT

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      FTFY

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Harden with his best Lowry impression.
        You mean DeRozan in Game 2

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Spurs won it with defense. They held the poster boy for the modern NBA offense to 75 points. Repeat, 75 points, in a close-out game on their home court. And the Spurs role players only shot 5-22 from 3. And they started 2 NBA relics as their big men. And the Spurs just blew them TF out. Coaching & system matters.
          Yeah, and LMA went for 34 point on 26 shots. Pretty much off ISO post up. The lead the league in FG made a couple years ago. This nothing new. Yes coaching is important but, players are more important.

It would be nice to have a player that could consistently give buckets on the post. Unfortunately raps best post up player struggle with players like Maker.

If you live by the 3 some times you die by it. Rockets died by it last 2 games. There no such thing as a perfect system that fits every team. It's about getting the system that best fits your personnel.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah, and LMA went for 34 point on 26 shots. Pretty much off ISO post up. The lead the league in FG made a couple years ago. This nothing new. Yes coaching is important but, players are more important.

It would be nice to have a player that could consistently give buckets on the post. Unfortunately raps best post up player struggle with players like Maker.

If you live by the 3 some times you die by it. Rockets died by it last 2 games. There no such thing as a perfect system that fits every team. It's about getting the system that best fits your personnel.

aldridge is a great post up scorer. But watching the spurs operate last night getting the ball into the post and continuing to move off-ball is night and day compared to the raptors "token JV post up to start the game" plays.

Biggest problem with our post-ups is the entry passes. they are always late. Watch the highlights from last night, aldridge gets the ball as soon as he's in deep position. how many times have we watched Demar or Kyle stand at the top of the key rather than the elbow (fundamentally wrong), wait for JV or Serge to get pushed out of position, then throw a bad entry pass that gets tipped? And how many entry passes have we seen where the big has to jump out of their position to catch it, negating their effort at getting deep anyways?

JV is not as smooth in the post as aldridge is. However, on balance over the last couple years, most of the time when we've hit Valanciunas when he actually has deep position or is on the move through the lane, rather than waiting for him to get pushed out, he has been effective. He has issues with double teams but not any more so than our guards, and we should have been working on that part of our offence so he would become better at recognizing the pass-out when appropriate.

Like you said, it's about the system that best fits your personnel. problem is we've never played such a system under Casey.

Comment

You must be referring to the guy who put up more points per possession on post-ups in the playoffs than Millsap, Horford, and Marc Gasol. The guy whose 0.96 PPP is almost as good as Lamarcus Aldridge's 1.02.

Man it sure would be nice if we had a player like that. Even better if we could feed him an entry pass when he had deep post position. Or even hit him on the roll, where he put up 1.08 PPP to Aldridge's 0.64.

Or maybe like you said, it's about getting the system that best fits your personnel.

Edit: KHD made the exact same point while I was digging up the numbers lol. Great minds.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                You must be referring to the guy who put up more points per possession on post-ups in the playoffs than Millsap, Horford, and Marc Gasol. The guy whose 0.96 PPP is almost as good as Lamarcus Aldridge's 1.02.

Man it sure would be nice if we had a player like that. Even better if we could feed him an entry pass when he had deep post position. Or even hit him on the roll, where he put up 1.08 PPP to Aldridge's 0.64.

Or maybe like you said, it's about getting the system that best fits your personnel.

Edit: KHD made the exact same point while I was digging up the numbers lol. Great minds.
                I don't care what numbers you give me. JV is not a better post up player than LMA.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't care what numbers you give me. JV is not a better post up player than LMA.

i didn't know that "better than LMA" was the threshold for whether or not a guy is useful in the post.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I've been hearing "if Casey coaches next year I won't be watching" for 3 or 4 off seasons now.
                    Deems wrote: View Post
                    Being a fan of this team is similar to being in an abusive relationship. Takes about 3-4 knocks to the head before you finally do leave lol.
                    As Seinfeld once said, it's like knocking over a pop machine. You can't just push it down with one heave. You have to rock and back and forth at first, before it eventually falls over.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I've been hearing "if Casey coaches next year I won't be watching" for 3 or 4 off seasons now.
                      KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      RIP McHappy. Still all time leader in posts
                      I think it was a combination of Casey, and mchappy's refusal to accept the realities of climate change, that finally threw him over the edge.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I think it was a combination of Casey, and mchappy's refusal to accept the realities of climate change, that finally threw him over the edge.
                        You must have some elephant in you Nilanka

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          i didn't know that "better than LMA" was the threshold for whether or not a guy is useful in the post.
                          Just saying these numbers overate JV's ability. I dare Maker to try and guard someone like LMA on the block.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            McHappy is alive and well his name is Claw
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              You could swap the 2 in SA. Within their offence. And you would not suffer any depreciable drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

McHappy is alive and well his name is Claw
                                Nah, writing styles are distinctly different. They may have the same level of disgust towards DeRozan, but that's where the similarities start and end.

And that's not exactly a unique position to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X