Hypothetically...Raptors 1 change away from defeating the Cavs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically...Raptors 1 change away from defeating the Cavs

As mentioned in the title, this is only hypothetical and will never actually happen, but a "what if" situation...

Imagine the current roster...but instead of Derozan, the Raptors had Paul George. With everything staying the same, I believe this slight "hypothetical" change would have the Raptors winning the Eastern Conference Finals.

George is a great defender and can shoot the 3 pointer, both weaknesses of Derozan's. As the old saying goes, can't win without a superstar, George is a superstar that never had a chance to play on a great team. Furthermore, George is a player that other teams actually respect, compared to the current Raptors roster which does not strike fear in any team.

Both Derozan and George will be making max money, so contract wise they are replaceable.

Again, this is only a what if situation...but would you agree George on the current roster instead of Derozan is capable of defeating the King and the Cavs?

Yes. He's just a better fit on this roster because we could have Norm start at the two and drop Carrol to DNP-CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

However, PG is almost more inconsistent offensively than Demar. He disappears in games quite often and sadly demar is far more clutch than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With that said...I'm sure you still rather have PG13 than DD as your franchise player

Comment

no, PG would have made little difference. Derozan is far from the reason we lost to the cavs, or got swept for that matter.

Comment

If Masai would have been able to draft the player he really wanted in 2014 draft which was Giannis.... it would have been close. The entire style of the Raptors would have revolved around Giannis as the focal point instead of Lowry and DD.

Comment

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Comment

I just do not like the idea of attributing our failure to a specific player or the lack of a specific player. I can assure you, that even with PG in this roster, we will not beat Cavs. We have many major problems but they can be reduced to two problems : lack of heart and coaching issues.

Comment

We'd have had a fighter's chance with George AND DeMar...AND 100% Lowry.

Comment

We just need a proper system and culture in place like the spurs, but that's so rare and difficult to obtain. If masai figures out how to do it he's a god

Comment

Unless that one change is us having LeBron please feel free to close this thread.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        If Masai would have been able to draft the player he really wanted in 2014 draft which was Giannis.... it would have been close. The entire style of the Raptors would have revolved around Giannis as the focal point instead of Lowry and DD.
                        don't worry we still got the Brazilian Freak and Cameroonian Freak. jerome is eager to find out which country will Masai find a freak in this year's draft.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          It's important to remember that Giannis was drafted in 2013 and that the Raps didn't even a 1st rounder in that draft.

Comment

Simple: Swap the Raptors and Cavs jerseys between locker rooms!

Comment

Only way..if Donald Trump was running cavaliers..common man.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                              X