They Found a Dinosaur... Sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Found a Dinosaur... Sort of.

Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen? It's up there. My inner dino-crazy child is going bananas right now. Lol

not seeing any feathers there. i would love the paleontologists to be able to deduce some colours. is this the one with its stomach in tact?

Comment

just a thought, if we cracked open the mt. vesuvius people would they be extremely well preserved? maybe we should be looking at highly volcanic areas for better preserved dinosaurs.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        not seeing any feathers there. i would love the paleontologists to be able to deduce some colours. is this the one with its stomach in tact?
        http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ma...sil-discovery/

The website goes into a bunch more detail. From what I understanding it's "fully represented from head to hip".

Best preserved fossil ever found of a Dinosaur.

Comment

I want Dinosaur as my pet.

Last edited by rocwell; Tue May 16, 2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

T'is no dinosaur....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              T'is no dinosaur....

Comment

Lol, what's with the bandages? Looking like DeMarre Carroll.

Comment

This was a conceptual drawing done of the Nodosaur, before we had this beauty as a reference ... I'd say they were pretty damn close!!

But seriously ... this fossil is basically as close as we'll get to seeing a real WHOLE dinosaur.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    This was a conceptual drawing done of the Nodosaur, before we had this beauty as a reference ... I'd say they were pretty damn close!!

But seriously ... this fossil is basically as close as we'll get to seeing a real WHOLE dinosaur.
                    At least until InGen uses fossilized amber to extract DNA and clones dinosaurs.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      At least until InGen uses fossilized amber to extract DNA and clones dinosaurs.
                      Me in early 20s: That would be fun.

Me in late 40s: hell to the no

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

I'm just taking in how ridiculous that is jeez, now we have real proof that Dinosaurs existed amazing stuff

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          I'm just taking in how ridiculous that is jeez, now we have real proof that Dinosaurs existed amazing stuff
                          haha

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            This wasn't the first fossil. Just the most in tact one. We've had real proof for centuries

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              This wasn't the first fossil. Just the most in tact one. We've had real proof for centuries
                              Yes, but can this dinosaur tell us if the Earth is flat or not? That is the real question.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X