Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D'Angelo Russell A possible Lowry Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Angelo Russell A possible Lowry Replacement?

So this is most likely a Pipe dream but if The Raptors want to do a full tear down or know that Lowry is gonna walk in the off-season, Do you think we have enough trade chips to get someone like Rusell to be a building block for the rebuild? All indications are that the Lakers will take a PG at #2 if they keep the pick which makes Russell expendable.

According to SI, teams have already been in contact with the Lakers about Russell's availability. I really like him as a player and I wonder if we have enough peices to get him. What do you guys think? Would you be happy with him as the PG of the future? Also if Lowry walks who besides Cory would you bring in to be the PG of this team for the present and near Future?
    Last edited by Wobblez; Tue May 16, 2017, 10:55 PM.

Wobblez wrote: View Post
    So this is most likely a Pipe dream but if The Raptors want to do a full tear down or know that Lowry is gonna walk in the off-season, Do you think we have enough trade chips to get someone like Rusell to be a building block for the rebuild? All indications are that the Lakers will take a PG at #2 if they keep the pick which makes Russell expendable.

According to SI, teams have already been in contact with the Lakers about Russell's availability. I really like him as a player and I wonder if we have enough peices to get him. What do you guys think? Would you be happy with him as the PG of the future? Also if Lowry walks who besides Cory would you bring in to be the PG of this team for the present and near Future?
    I don't think D'Angelo Russell is a very good PG. I'd rather give Delon Wright a shot

Comment

Snitches get stitches

Comment

He's a rat

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Snitches get stitches
          rocwell wrote: View Post
          He's a rat
          Lol, if people are actually concerned about this, could it lower his trade value? Perfect time to strike!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Lol, if people are actually concerned about this, could it lower his trade value? Perfect time to strike!
            Would definitely lower his trade value if fans were making trades instead of GM's.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Would definitely lower his trade value if fans were making trades instead of GM's.
              I meant if there's some sort of "bro code" at play even at the managerial level. "I don't want no snitch on my team!"

Comment

Eh if Lowry goes I would try to get a real good package out of Denver for DD. I'd try to build the deal around Murray, Chandler, and the 13th pick this year. Haven't looked much into mid round prospects this year but I bet OG is on the board, or a couple good centers. Chandler can play some minutes over the season and probably be flipped for a late 1st too. Denver went hard at Wade last year so I could see them doing this.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Eh if Lowry goes I would try to get a real good package out of Denver for DD. I'd try to build the deal around Murray, Chandler, and the 13th pick this year. Haven't looked much into mid round prospects this year but I bet OG is on the board, or a couple good centers. Chandler can play some minutes over the season and probably be flipped for a late 1st too. Denver went hard at Wade last year so I could see them doing this.
                  I like this, but from what I've read Murray is untouchable. And regarding D'Angelo....hell to the no. Another prima donna who can't defend

Comment

I ain't down with this snitch.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      My take is that DR was young (19) and immature. He apologized and came across genuinely sorry he made a mistake. The blowback was so bad he'd have to be an idiot not to understand that what he did was not a nice thing to do and will probably never betray confidences again.
                      If all this is true...getting him on the low is wise. Disclosure...I haven't seen him play more than a couple of games and defer to experts views on his play upside.

Comment

Complete coincidence that I stumbled on this video as I see this thread lol

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          My take is that DR was young (19) and immature. He apologized and came across genuinely sorry he made a mistake. The blowback was so bad he'd have to be an idiot not to understand that what he did was not a nice thing to do and will probably never betray confidences again.
                          If all this is true...getting him on the low is wise. Disclosure...I haven't seen him play more than a couple of games and defer to experts views on his play upside.
                          I think LA look to move Clarkson before DR.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            Is it because he's a snitch, or because his game is lacking?

If it's the former, I don't see why us fans should care if he helps improve the club on the court.

Comment

I see DR as nothing more than a glorified scorer, in the likes of Jamaal Crawford, Lou Williams etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X