Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D'Angelo Russell A possible Lowry Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No to snitches.

Also even if they draft Ball, either Ball or Russel can play the 2. Ball is certainly big enough.

Comment

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 19, 2017, 02:11 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        No to snitches.

Also even if they draft Ball, either Ball or Russel can play the 2. Ball is certainly big enough.
        also Russel is not small himself...i thinks he is like 6'5

Comment

Russell is trash lol

Comment

Honesty, I would say the amount of pieces and chips we put in for Russell, I would rather use those pieces to get a top 5-7 pick this year's draft to draft a point guard. Guy like Dennis Smith is > Russell.

I am just saying if you REALLY want to make a deal for a PG

Comment

Pass.

Comment

I think Russell could be very good.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Russell is very talented but also very immature.

Firstly in regards to the OP, we dont have anything that LAL would want to give up for their previous top 2 pick. But I will say he is definitely a high upside gamble for some team if they can get the right vets around AND more importantly if D'Angelo is actually mature enough to handle criticism and stop acting like a cocky boy.

As usual people on here fall too in love with athleticism. No he isn't a Russell Westbrook but he is an excellent shooter and has some nice passing instincts. It is 100% his maturity that holds him back in all aspects of the game. He isn't a good leader, doesn't involve his teammates enough, hurts cohesion in the lockerroom with his immature behaviour and seems very self absorbed.

At the same time don't be surprised if Lonzo Ball fixes a lot of that for him as he becomes the more stable prescence on and off court and his passing will allow Russell to go off offensively. Of course it seems the Lakers rather not have to baby him through that process and rather count their losses now. Too bad they didn't consider it earlier or they might have gotten a pick from SAC (Hield is a similar player imo without the character issues). I really wonder if a Russell/Okafor swap would work better for both teams sometimes.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I meant if there's some sort of "bro code" at play even at the managerial level. "I don't want no snitch on my team!"
                    He was a kid that made a careless mistake?
                    Maturity will come. Can he develop into a PG?

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      Russell is very talented but also very immature.

Firstly in regards to the OP, we dont have anything that LAL would want to give up for their previous top 2 pick. But I will say he is definitely a high upside gamble for some team if they can get the right vets around AND more importantly if D'Angelo is actually mature enough to handle criticism and stop acting like a cocky boy.

As usual people on here fall too in love with athleticism. No he isn't a Russell Westbrook but he is an excellent shooter and has some nice passing instincts. It is 100% his maturity that holds him back in all aspects of the game. He isn't a good leader, doesn't involve his teammates enough, hurts cohesion in the lockerroom with his immature behaviour and seems very self absorbed.

At the same time don't be surprised if Lonzo Ball fixes a lot of that for him as he becomes the more stable prescence on and off court and his passing will allow Russell to go off offensively. Of course it seems the Lakers rather not have to baby him through that process and rather count their losses now. Too bad they didn't consider it earlier or they might have gotten a pick from SAC (Hield is a similar player imo without the character issues). I really wonder if a Russell/Okafor swap would work better for both teams sometimes.

I'm not sure Okafor gets you a lottery pick. IMO, 76ers lucky to get a 1st rounder.
                      WRT Ball, wait till daddy Lavar explains LA brass how a team should be run.

Comment

Working...
                      X