Lowry will be extended for the MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    cant get the 5th year in a S&T. PHI can sign Kyle outright and keep those pieces.
    True but BC could get lured into something like that potentially.

Comment

Never mind

Comment

According to a Arthur article Lowry has been telling people he wants to leave for up to 4 months now. :/
        Last edited by Wobblez; Mon Jun 19, 2017, 10:39 PM. Reason: mistaken reporter

Comment

Wobblez wrote: View Post
          According to a Grange article Lowry has been telling people he wants to leave for up to 4 months now. :/
          It's an Arthur article in the Star. But the article also skews back to lots can change since May (when the rumours of him being dissatisfied and unwilling to re-sign apparently spread throughout the league). I'd take it with a huge grain of salt - if these rumours were out there among the league, I'd have thought the big names would be reporting it then, not the Star weeks later.

It's impossible to read Lowry. If he wants to stay, great. If he wants to bolt, tear the whole thing down.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

According to a Grange article Lowry has been telling people he wants to leave for up to 4 months now. :/
            Link??
            Grange put this article out re Lowry earlier today... Don't recall it saying anything of that nature whatsoever.
            http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...aptors-future/

EDIT: Ah, you had the wrong reporter. Arthur. Carry on
            Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Jun 19, 2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              It's an Arthur article in the Star. But the article also skews back to lots can change since May (when the rumours of him being dissatisfied and unwilling to re-sign apparently spread throughout the league). I'd take it with a huge grain of salt - if these rumours were out there among the league, I'd have thought the big names would be reporting it then, not the Star weeks later.

It's impossible to read Lowry. If he wants to stay, great. If he wants to bolt, tear the whole thing down.
              What does Lowry, of all people, have to be dis-satisfied about with this franchise?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                What does Lowry, of all people, have to be dis-satisfied about with this franchise?
                The press coverage?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Likely, some of the same things fans are dis-satisfied about with this franchise.

Comment

According to a Arthur article Lowry has been telling people he wants to leave for up to 4 months now. :/
                    And this is what Lowry hit Twitter with within hours of that piece coming out:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      And this is what Lowry hit Twitter with within hours of that piece coming out:

No matter how he feels, I can't imagine he wants it out there for public consumption prior to whatever decision he makes. And the Raptors need to sign him regardless of what decision they make on the future direction of the team. Otherwise we have lost our biggest, or one of our biggest assets.

Comment

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/st...11112273100801

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Yep I'd go with this. I'm a fan of Arthur but he's clearly working with 2nd/3rd/4th-hand sources.

And if it is true I'd still call Lowry's bluff. Let him try to find a better team.

I do wonder what the price would be for Porzingis compared to PG though.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/st...11112273100801

I can't help but think that it's not Masai's style to pay top dollar in trades. He'll wait until Indy gets desperate before making a low ball offer or perhaps even wait until PG is a free agent. Hard to say what MU is thinking, but it doesn't sound like he's so concerned about signing Lowry that he would do anything which might hurt the team.

Can't help but get excited about the idea though.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I can't help but think that it's not Masai's style to pay top dollar in trades. He'll wait until Indy gets desperate before making a low ball offer or perhaps even wait until PG is a free agent. Hard to say what MU is thinking, but it doesn't sound like he's so concerned about signing Lowry that he would do anything which might hurt the team.

Can't help but get excited about the idea though.
                              This is Paul George were talking about in his prime. With his bird rights.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yep I'd go with this. I'm a fan of Arthur but he's clearly working with 2nd/3rd/4th-hand sources.

And if it is true I'd still call Lowry's bluff. Let him try to find a better team.

I do wonder what the price would be for Porzingis compared to PG though.
                                As someone who is not a fan of Arthur I will give him the benefit that he is honestly reporting what he is being told. Having said that, who makes this sort of decision with no money on the table? Lowry isn't going to decide until he gets to FA and sees what teams are offering him. He'd be crazy to be running around telling people he's out of Toronto without knowing for certain that a big deal is on the table and he doesn't know that yet. Even Bosh never came out and said he was leaving. That's nuts.

What's more interesting is who is feeding Arthur the rumours (assuming he's not making it up)?

Comment

Working...
                                X