Reset culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset culture

I been thinking of away to not end up like the atlant hawks. Give me your thoughts

I said it many times over the last 5 years, I honest don't think we can win with derozan....so here goes
    Last year I said at draft time we needed caris levert. Went back and forth about his injury and I was right once again. I wanted him to replace demar.

Trade
    Brook Lopez
    Caris levert

For
    Derozan
    Jakob poeltl

Sign
    Serge ibaka
    klay Thompson

Draft
    Derrick white

Install a real offense

Derozan going nowhere. MU and MLSE are heavily invested in him. I just can't see any plausible scenario where he won't be in a Raptor uniform next year. He represents how far we have come as a city regarding keeping/attracting basketball talent north of the border.

Comment

LOL why would Klay Thompson leave GSW?

You can get a green card in Cali... I guess it wlil be legal here soon. You can also win 4 more championships.....

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I been thinking of away to not end up like the atlant hawks. Give me your thoughts

I said it many times over the last 5 years, I honest don't think we can win with derozan....so here goes
        Last year I said at draft time we needed caris levert. Went back and forth about his injury and I was right once again. I wanted him to replace demar.

Trade
        Brook Lopez
        Caris levert

For
        Derozan
        Jakob poeltl

Sign
        Serge ibaka
        klay Thompson

Draft
        Derrick white

Install a real offense
        1) You weren't 'right' about the Raptors being better off with Caris Levert over DeRozan - that's absurd.
        2) Lopez and Levert for DeRozan and Poetl would be an abhorrent trade for the Raptors.
        3) Klay Thompson is not a free agent for another two summers and would likely not leave GSW for Toronto.

Other than that you nailed it.

Comment

Can everyone at the very least admit we will not win with demar

Comment

Reset culture

Can you at least admit that you aren't psychic and don't have a clue about what's going to happen in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
              Can you at least admit that you aren't psychic and don't have a clue about what's going to happen in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I am psychic lol

Comment

This is a shining example of a false dichotomy. Just because it's tough to see a DeRozan led team knocking off the Cavs or Warriors in the next few seasons doesn't mean that you go out and move off him the first chance you get.

It's tough to see any team knocking off those two teams in their respective conferences after watching these playoffs, so where do we draw the line with the "You can't win with this guy!" narrative. Should Rockets accept that they can't win with Harden? The Pacers with Paul George? The Wizards with John Wall? The Jazz with Hayward? The Spurs with Kawhi? The Thunder lost in the first round with Westbrook this season - time to move on? The Pelicans have made the playoff one time since they got Anthony Davis (and got swept in the first round when they did) - so I'm sure you're advocating that they trade him this summer, right?

And that's to say nothing about how insane the thought process is behind your notion that the Raptors cannot possibly win with DeRozan....

.... so let's trade for him Caris Levert.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                  This is a shining example of a false dichotomy. Just because it's tough to see a DeRozan led team knocking off the Cavs or Warriors in the next few seasons doesn't mean that you go out and move off him the first chance you get.

It's tough to see any team knocking off those two teams in their respective conferences after watching these playoffs, so where do we draw the line with the "You can't win with this guy!" narrative. Should Rockets accept that they can't win with Harden? The Pacers with Paul George? The Wizards with John Wall? The Jazz with Hayward? The Spurs with Kawhi? The Thunder lost in the first round with Westbrook this season - time to move on? The Pelicans have made the playoff one time since they got Anthony Davis (and got swept in the first round when they did) - so I'm sure you're advocating that they trade him this summer, right?

And that's to say nothing about how insane the thought process is behind your notion that the Raptors cannot possibly win with DeRozan....

What I see is before Casey we ran sets he wasn't very good. Atl, nets, Ind, cavs we are basically waiting for other teams to have horrible years. Joe Johnson, Paul George , lebron James all eat his food. He gets shut down too easy. His lack of deep threat eliminates inside game for other players, he is too ball dominate. We are going back to running plays, have u ever seen demar play off the ball? His BB IQ sucks seriously it's very bad. Every single team to win a championship moves the rock not just pass the ball for the sake of passing the ball but moving with purpose. U can't win with him

Comment

Ugh please no.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

That was a false dichotomy, but this is a false equivalency.

DeMar is not in the same conversation as Harden, Kawhi, or Westbrook. Those guys are MVP candidates. He's also not as good as Paul George or Anthony Davis.

These are all foundational franchise players. DeMar is very, very good, but he's simply not that guy.

Not to mention that very few of those teams are going to be in the kind of salary cap hell we're likely to face following this summer.

That all said, OP's plan is flawed for all the other reasons you pointed out in your other post.

Comment

Culture reset cannot be changed with the same coach imo.

Comment

I am psychic lol
                          Then why didn't you answer the question BEFORE it was asked?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

DeRozan and Poeltl for Caris freakin' LeVert and Brook Lopez?!

GTFO with this garbage trade/thread....if you want to propose a big change, at least make it appealing.

Comment

What I see is before Casey we ran sets he wasn't very good. Atl, nets, Ind, cavs we are basically waiting for other teams to have horrible years. Joe Johnson, Paul George , lebron James all eat his food. He gets shut down too easy. His lack of deep threat eliminates inside game for other players, he is too ball dominate. We are going back to running plays, have u ever seen demar play off the ball? His BB IQ sucks seriously it's very bad. Every single team to win a championship moves the rock not just pass the ball for the sake of passing the ball but moving with purpose. U can't win with him
                              Except we have won, including 50 games multiple times, with DD.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X