Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: top 15 of most hated Raptors of all time

http://www.thesportster.com/basketba...s-of-all-time/

Can't say I agree with some names on that list. Some players from my memory didn't really get hate like its stated. Anthony Bennet?! he wasn't hated just frustrated. I actually liked Doug Christie, couldn't care less what kinky stuff he did with his wife.

Those who didn't make the list which I think were hated and should have made the list:

Michael Stewart: Dude got a big contract that didn't deserve it and pretty much rode the bench here.

Chris Bosh: was really hated the way he left the team and where he went, it was a low blow.

T-Mac: Years was booed due to leaving the team after his rookie year ended (before restricted free agency) and ended up being a great player somewhere else. What could have been....

Luis Scola: Dude couldn't defend for shit, became a black hole on offence.

Greivis Vasquez - he was arrogant and couldn't defend shit! nightmare in his 2nd season here.

Linas Kleiza - big expectation but he sucked big time!

Jason Kapono - Big ass contract, that couldn't defend for shit and couldn't score unless open so his 3 pointer was fucking useless!!

Darrick Martin - trash!

Mike James - ball hog who inflated his stats instead of helping the team win some games.

Eric Williams - Asshole

Milt Palacio - he just sucked!

Rafer Alston - boneheaded trouble maker.

Michael Curry - Snitch coach suckup trash!

Lamond Murray - he was a star in Cleveland so they traded for him and was overall shitty player.

Hakeem Olajuwon - we got a fucking retired all star who was a shell of his former self that couldn't play healthy the fucking year we got him and then collected his paycheck for another 2 or 3 seasons.

Oliver Miller - Fat fuck that couldn't stop going to McDonald instead of salvaging his NBA career.

John Salley - douchebag.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Tue Jun 13, 2017, 04:11 AM.

There's a few players on that list I didn't hate/don't hate:

Christie- Underrated scorer throughout his career. I always wonder what could've been had he stayed here in 2001. Imagine him on AI in those Semi's.... it's sad that we couldn't lock up either T-Mac or Dougie back. Vince lost a lot with those 2, more than people realized. Christie had some solid years in Sac-Town & could've been the guy that got us over the hump if we slid VC to the SF spot.

Fields- Not his fault. You can't blame a guy for injury, ever. Had he not gotten injured, who knows what Landry might've been? IMO, he had all the tools you look for in a solid SF if used right.... and when he did see the hardwood, he was a pretty good defender. Happy he's working with the Spurs.

Bennett- How can you hate on a guy that just didn't have the mental strength? Sure, seeing him blossom would've been nice, but personally I think it was the 3 2's that did him in: Too Much, Too Fast & Too Soon. If Bennett had gone later in that draft, who knows?

Antonio Davis: This one.... stings. I get why he wanted his kids going back to the US (albeit I find learning the metric system is very beneficial to people) & I don't hate him for that. He had his best season here & that will never be forgotten IMO.

Players that should be here & I wanted to strangle during their tenures here:

D.J. Augustin

Solomon Alabi

Jamario Moon

Alvin Williams

Ben Uzoh

Charlie V

And lastly, Jake Voskuhl!
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      There's a few players on that list I didn't hate/don't hate:

Christie- Underrated scorer throughout his career. I always wonder what could've been had he stayed here in 2001. Imagine him on AI in those Semi's.... it's sad that we couldn't lock up either T-Mac or Dougie back. Vince lost a lot with those 2, more than people realized. Christie had some solid years in Sac-Town & could've been the guy that got us over the hump if we slid VC to the SF spot.

Fields- Not his fault. You can't blame a guy for injury, ever. Had he not gotten injured, who knows what Landry might've been? IMO, he had all the tools you look for in a solid SF if used right.... and when he did see the hardwood, he was a pretty good defender. Happy he's working with the Spurs.

Bennett- How can you hate on a guy that just didn't have the mental strength? Sure, seeing him blossom would've been nice, but personally I think it was the 3 2's that did him in: Too Much, Too Fast & Too Soon. If Bennett had gone later in that draft, who knows?

Antonio Davis: This one.... stings. I get why he wanted his kids going back to the US (albeit I find learning the metric system is very beneficial to people) & I don't hate him for that. He had his best season here & that will never be forgotten IMO.

Players that should be here & I wanted to strangle during their tenures here:

D.J. Augustin

Solomon Alabi

Jamario Moon

Alvin Williams

Ben Uzoh

Charlie V

And lastly, Jake Voskuhl!
      Alvin Williams??? You put him in a list with those bums?

Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, not sure how you put Boogie in there with those scrubs, Cody?

Comment

My top 15:

1. Bargnani
          2. Bargnani
          3. Bargnani
          4. Bargnani
          5. Bargnani
          6. Bargnani
          7. Bargnani
          8. Bargnani
          9. Bargnani
          10. Bargnani
          11. Bargnani
          12. Bargnani
          13. Bargnani
          14. Turkoglu
          15. Araujo

Comment

John Salmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of these were just horribly misused, but my short list (particularly of late - in the Vince era I was young and more casual and rarely really hated a player):

Bargs
              Hedo
              Salmons
              Vasquez
              Scola
              Araujo

Those all seem obvious and don't need reasons. Then:

Milt Palacio - unmatched in his ability to miss layups. No more infuriating play in sports than a Palacio layup attempt. DeMarre Carroll is in danger of entering this territory and gets an honourable mention here for just that reason.

Chris Childs - for screwing up that playoff-series-deciding play where the Raptors were down three and Childs thought they were down 4. This was my first true heartbreak as a maturing Raptors fan, with the true Vince heyday coming when a missed shot was just a missed shot in my mind.

Alan Anderson - man alive was this guy not fun to watch, especially in his 2nd season here. The epitome of the "vet" player who got minutes over better, younger players. Towards the end, couldn't hit a three (but took a load anyway - heck, he somehow carried a mid-20's usage rate), couldn't defend, and was playing heavy minutes over a promising Terrence Ross in a season where watching young guys play was basically all we had.

Rasual Butler - as infuriating as Anderson was, no one better encapsulates the Raptors' horrific SF history than Rasual Butler. This guy somehow started 14 games for the 2011-12 Raptors (played in 34 in total) and put up this tremendous line: 3.2 points, 1.9 rebounds, 0.6 assists, 31% FG%, 27% 3PT%. Played almost 500 minutes for the Raps (all right at the start of the year as a key rotation member helping the team to a 10-24 record) and posted -0.2 WS and -0.4 VORP. Every minute watching him play was hell, and he's the main reason I tend to cut Carroll some slack - our SF woes have been far, far worse than they are now, regardless of the low value of Carroll's contract.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Yea, not sure how you put Boogie in there with those scrubs, Cody?
                This is why:

I've said before that when I was very little, I would go to games with my Uncle (From 2001 to 2006, I would go to about 10 games a year).

Boogie was just that one guy that sat on the roster for years & was never anything special in my eyes. I heard how good of a person he was, but I felt the guy was always overrated by fans.

Take a good look at Williams stats.... how did this guy last so long on our roster?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

we have had some great to very good players that just did not come to us at a productive stage of there career like the dream. some like Oakley did the opposite and had very good years at an advanced age but the expectations were different. It's kind of interesting for everyone who hates the stars that have left like vince, tracy and bosh we have people who want deebo and lowry out the door.

Comment

Alonzo Morning. He gave us the Steve Francais treatment and refused to play for us which puts him at the top of the most hated list for me.

Comment

I know Oakley provided us with something we were missing, but he's still one of my most hated, maybe because he's so revered by others. To give up on Camby, so early, for that horrendous jump-shot...

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Boogie was just that one guy that sat on the roster for years & was never anything special in my eyes. I heard how good of a person he was, but I felt the guy was always overrated by fans.

Take a good look at Williams stats.... how did this guy last so long on our roster?
                        Williams was a complimentary PG to Vince Carter. He was a solid defender, solid team player, he could knock the open jumper, he rarely turned over the ball, a hard worker and didn't try to play above his abilities. Stats do not tell the whole story on Alvin Williams, if that's the case then in your mind Mike James or Rafer Alston were better.

Top 3 Point guards in Raptors history.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I know Oakley provided us with something we were missing, but he's still one of my most hated, maybe because he's so revered by others. To give up on Camby, so early, for that horrendous jump-shot...
                          Oakley hated everybody, except maybe Michael Jordan. Oakley provided us with toughness, defense, rebounding and he was a threat from the 3 point line. The Raptors didn't have such a player until this season when PJ Tucker arrived and he quickly became fan favorite for a reason.

Camby was an injured prone player that we nicknamed him "Cotton Camby". His career was subpar throughout his 20's and he somehow started to play well in his late 20's. It was the right call to trade that bum to New York (Actually the right call was to draft Shareef Abdur Rahim instead on draft night!).

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Williams was a complimentary PG to Vince Carter. He was a solid defender, solid team player, he could knock the open jumper, he rarely turned over the ball, a hard worker and didn't try to play above his abilities. Stats do not tell the whole story on Alvin Williams, if that's the case then in your mind Mike James or Rafer Alston were better.

Top 3 Point guards in Raptors history.
                            No way. My Top 3:

1. Lowry. Easily the best PG we've ever had in terms of play. Do I really need to say more?

2. Damon. Looking at tape, I honestly feel Mighty Mouse could've been amazing had it not been for his trade. I think the trade to Portland hurt him & injuries didn't help. Had he stayed here & stayed healthy, he would be better remembered.

3. I'm ready for the hate on this pick, but this one is personal. Jarret Jack. That 2009-10 season was an ugly one, but Jack was a bright spot in my eyes. The guy played with heart, hustle & IMO should've been the guy we stuck with over Jose. When we traded him.... I was pissed. You trade a established PG for Jerryd Bayless & a washed up Peja Stojakovic. WHY? During Jack's season with Golden State, I felt the guy should've won 6MOTY.

Also.... as for the two guys you brought up... Mike James couldn't play D & Alston wasn't better than Williams. I get why people love Boogie, I just don't get it.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Oakley hated everybody, except maybe Michael Jordan. Oakley provided us with toughness, defense, rebounding and he was a threat from the 3 point line. The Raptors didn't have such a player until this season when PJ Tucker arrived and he quickly became fan favorite for a reason.

Camby was an injured prone player that we nicknamed him "Cotton Camby". His career was subpar throughout his 20's and he somehow started to play well in his late 20's. It was the right call to trade that bum to New York (Actually the right call was to draft Shareef Abdur Rahim instead on draft night!).
                              That move epitomized GG's sacrifice-the-future-for-a-modicum-of-toughness-in-the-present strategy.

Comment

Working...
                              X