Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    That's a lie.

I already debunked this back at the draft but neither player is the size or length of OG (Winslow 6'10 wingspan and Johnson 6'11 wingspan - OG 7'2 1/4), both are at least an inch shorter in height which at SF, size makes a difference and neither player was an equivalent level defender. OG's per 36 bpg & spg were 2 a piece which was far more on par with Millsap and DG....NEITHER Johnson or Winslow came close to doing that. Nevermind OG being an analytics darling both at the collegiate level and professional level that neither EVER were. People need to stop making that awful comparison just because they see a couple of wannabes with strength and OG's old fro lol
    This. Take away the injury and OG easily grades out as a top 10 prospect in this draft and has better measureables than either Winslow or SJ like you said.

I think he might actually be what people thought Gilchrist was going to be, except he doesn't have a broken jumpshot at all.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      This. Take away the injury and OG easily grades out as a top 10 prospect in this draft and has better measureables than either Winslow or SJ like you said.

I think he might actually be what people thought Gilchrist was going to be, except he doesn't have a broken jumpshot at all.
      The reach difference is literally Ross vs Powell (3-4 inches) lol one guy is considered a T Rex and the other is considered to have a great wingspan. Except in this case, OG is also the taller and larger man. That just goes to show what a bad comparison it is.

The more I think about what OG's game is actually like the more I realize a bigger, more athletic Artest may be the best comparison for his upside/potential. While that might kill some people's dreams of being "Kawhi" who is far more a pure SF that plays like a SG iso-brand of basketball ala Kobe/DD except more efficient which requires more creativity....still I think a bigger, more athletic Artest (nvm minus being a weirdo) is superstar like potential especially if he can continue to improve his scoring ability. Can you imagine if Artest was bigger how he would be able to do even more defensively?! If he could attack the basket with thunderous dunks like OG did in college (keep in mind most players athleticism only increases as they mature physically)?!

But I get that is POTENTIAL, I'm not saying he is that now. But I think it's the closest style of play to resemble OG's from what I've seen. He may have even a bit more creativity as a passer although Metta was pretty good at that too at his prime. OG is the most exciting young prospect we've had since DeMar.

Comment

• So because he has huge wingspan above the other players then it automatically means he should do better?!! Wake me up when Bebe and Bruno make the All Star game with that logic.

Comment

• Dillon Brooks was a 2nd round selection and is in the top 10 of rookies in performance. Go look up his wingspan...

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            So because he has huge wingspan above the other players then it automatically means he should do better?!! Wake me up when Bebe and Bruno make the All Star game with that logic.
            I'm glad you took the liberty to skip over OG's analytics smoking both Winslow & Johnson nevermind raw stats production (again neither per 36 pace 2spg & 2bpg in college) that proved that he was a better defender. Also humor me with a time Winslow or Johnson stifled the hell out of a player like Harden at anytime in their careers nevermind 1st month, OG is ahead of Tatum nevermind Brooks lol smh but hey when all else fails...

Just name drop Bruno in the same sentence as OG (who OG has also outproduced in a single month vs his 3 year career) as if that somehow disproves anything lol no offense but there's great irony of using the word "logic" in your rebuttal

Comment

• Also listing one player as an EXCEPTION who does an OK job hardly makes any case lol let's take a look at some of the top defenders that are elite...Kawhi, Draymond, Gobert, Whiteside, Jordan....notice any comment traits?! *ahem* length...despite what girls may tell you, it makes a difference especially if you already know what you're doing.

Comment

• You seem to take this on a personal level, this ain't YouTube or Twitter so you need to relax cause nobody is paying you for your analysis . My original argument stands that you cannot equate early good performances of a rookie based on a small sample and compare it to All Star level talent and also in the same breath add wingspan as the be of all measurement of a player future success in this league. Both Stanley and Winslow played well in their rookie years but thus far did not improve much after 2 years and this is sometimes a reality of basketball.

Sure wingspan can help but they do as other things ( IQ, height, motor, drive, athleticis, team etc..). OG will not be the next Draymond Green, let OG be OG.

Comment

You seem to take this on a personal level, this ain't YouTube or Twitter so you need to relax cause nobody is paying you for your analysis . My original argument stands that you cannot equate early good performances of a rookie based on a small sample and compare it to All Star level talent and also in the same breath add wingspan as the be of all measurement of a player future success in this league. Both Stanley and Winslow played well in their rookie years but thus far did not improve much after 2 years and this is sometimes a reality of basketball.

Sure wingspan can help but they do as other things ( IQ, height, motor, drive, athleticis, team etc..). OG will not be the next Draymond Green, let OG be OG.
                  I took it personal?! lol I seem to recall FACTUALLY telling you the differences between OG and Johnson/Winslow (which you still have no counter facts too) and your response had far more of taking it "personal" ring to it with "Wake me up when Bebe and Bruno make the All Star game with that logic" but moving on....

I'm still waiting on your post to actually address the analytics, raw production and style of play (none of which have to do with wingspan...you're only one harping on wingspan or perhaps using it as a scapegoat out of the argument when you can present nothing to support your assumption that OG is supposedly like Winslow or Johnson.

Also no one is comparing his performances to all-stars, they're trying to project his potential in relation to great players in the league...there's a difference and that's what people do with prospects so no idea why you feel the need to police people's opinions on what they're allowed to say lol.
                  Last edited by JamesNaismith; Sat Nov 18, 2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• I liked your comment so you can get your "daily dose" of thumbs up validation and calm down.

Comment

I liked your comment so you can get your "daily dose" of thumbs up validation and calm down.
                      No rebuttal to your claims, try to discredit it again with more painfully ironic personal jabs (versus facts) that speak more of your emotional state than mine.

Well done lol

Comment

• WELL DONE EVERYONE (:
                        We have reached peak childishness
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• OG is 10th among all small forwards in the league in RPM.

Comment

• Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              OG is 10th among all small forwards in the league in RPM.
                              Kid is an analystics darling. It's funny because in college they found the same thing. He didn't post huge numbers but they found when he was on court all the net ratings were up. I wish I could find the article again but I really think a lot of it just has to do with his bball IQ, knowing where to be at the right time and good decision making for the most part. Really wonder what this kid is gonna look like in 4-5 years from now, again best prospect since DeMar.

Comment

• kind of funny that the unique thing we knew we were losing with PPat, is the exact thing that OG has. He's a +/- star.

Comment

Working...
                                X