Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully wrote: View Post
    I think you reach a threshold in these situations where the risk begins pailing to the potential reward though. A team drafting in the late lottery might pass on a guy with a ton of potential but with injury concerns... but as the picks keep coming off the board then eventually it becomes a worthwhile gamble for a team. A mid-20's pick has the historical expectation of a low level rotation player/complete non-factor so why not roll the dice on a lottery level talent if given the chance.
    I remember us passing on an injury risk at 16. He went 17. We ended up with Joey Graham. Indy got Danny Granger.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Excuse my French but f the numbers seriously. We just got a player that needs others when we run a ISO offensive with a group of players that don't know how to pass. Reality bad team fit and 3 -4 years out before he can create something for himself maybe. It's a copy cat league and we just tried to draft green. How did that work out for us the last time we tried to copy cat we drafted bargani to have our own nowitszki. As MU the 20xxx pick doesn't ever produce stars so that why he drafted Bruno.

In a spurs system this kid could do dmg same with JV which we just tried to trade I am pissed at this copy cat team

Comment

• So I say OG gets minutes over Carroll ... or hopefully Masai is looking to fleece someone in a move... been a while. Lol

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
          Is it really his athleticism, or the more logical explanation being the aerodynamic advantage of wearing 1970's Jackie Moon short shorts?
          Definitely. Though to be fair, the dudes got monster quads ... probably can't fit them into those longer shorts. Lol

Comment

• I think depending on how OG recovers from the injury, he could be starting by the end of the season just because of our lack of depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 2 days later I'm still loving this pick. After doing more research on him, he's a project on offence, but he is a NBA ready defender.

I think as fans of this team patience has to be preached. Masai definitively has it! If it takes 2 -3 years to develop a 19-20 year old what does that matter in the grand scheme of things. We are building a program not a team. Long term success is in development. That still gives us potentially 10-14years of NBA production from our draft picks after development. As long as we can retain them.

I believe the Raptors are spending the money on development, and that's amazing to see. Hire a world renowned shooting coach (ie. English from SA) and we should be able to turn 20 something picks into good players, maybe strike gold and get a star.

Comment

• Hell, extend Bruno at a decent price, I think he will have a role with this team eventually. Even in it 9-11 on the bench, it's still continuity of players, good value, and leaves roster spots for younger development.

I really do think Bruno will turn the corner to be at least a decent bench player.

Comment

• Not sure how I feel about this Anunoby kid. I really don't like players that can't shoot.. especially guys on the wing. Yeah his defense will be great.. but if he can't stretch the floor, then he'll never get any time on the court (nor should he).

I hope he has a good work ethic and wants to improve. Powell became a good shooter so there is always hope.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Not sure how I feel about this Anunoby kid. I really don't like players that can't shoot.. especially guys on the wing. Yeah his defense will be great.. but if he can't stretch the floor, then he'll never get any time on the court (nor should he).

I hope he has a good work ethic and wants to improve. Powell became a good shooter so there is always hope.
                    He shot 37% from 3 .. that's not "Can't shoot" to me. Just needs some work on consistency in my mind.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      He shot 37% from 3 .. that's not "Can't shoot" to me. Just needs some work on consistency in my mind.
                      It sounds like he is already putting in a ton of time working on his mechanics. Not to make the Kwahi comparison but it was the exact same knock on him coming out of college. Although I think Kwahi did have a bit more polish to the rest of his offensive game.

And this kid was selected at 23, that's great value

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        He's a terrible free throw shooter.. and usually free throw shooting dictates how well of a 3pt shooter you will be. He didn't take enough shots in my opinion to be considered decent. 74 attempts in 1.5 seasons isn't enough for me to claim him as a shooter.

I hope I'm wrong though. If he can become a decent shooter then the pick could end up great.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          Excuse my French but f the numbers seriously. We just got a player that needs others when we run a ISO offensive with a group of players that don't know how to pass. Reality bad team fit and 3 -4 years out before he can create something for himself maybe. It's a copy cat league and we just tried to draft green. How did that work out for us the last time we tried to copy cat we drafted bargani to have our own nowitszki. As MU the 20xxx pick doesn't ever produce stars so that why he drafted Bruno.

In a spurs system this kid could do dmg same with JV which we just tried to trade I am pissed at this copy cat team
                          Stop being a debbie downer. With this kind of attitude you would have said almost the exact same thing if the Raptors have selected Giannis a few years back. The point is that like all picks, its risky and you dont know how it will turn out especially considering its the 23rd pick of the draft where finding future star players are slim so you might as well pick the guy with the greatest upside.

Comment

• I don't know who he wanted us to take with that pick that was the saviour or better prospect... there weren;t any without their own obvious weaknesses or lower ceiling.

Comment

• Wright, Powell, OG, Bruno, the future juggernaut defensive team.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Wright, Powell, OG, Bruno, the future juggernaut defensive team.
                                Siakam and Poeltl are no slouches either.

Comment

Working...
                                X