No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha . After watching this game it was clear that he just knows how to play. He has natural basketball IQ instincts. He is going to be in the starting line up by the end of the year possibly if not he will be a key contributor off the bench.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      haha . After watching this game it was clear that he just knows how to play. He has natural basketball IQ instincts. He is going to be in the starting line up by the end of the year possibly if not he will be a key contributor off the bench.
      I didn't know much about OG until after the draft. His stroke looks pretty good (although he missed most of his opportunities). I just think he needs to develop some confidence with his shot which I think he'll do. But the IQ is already there. And he's only 20. Sky's the limit for this kid.

As for being a starter.. I think that will only happen if an injury or major trade occurs. Both Norm and Miles will probably be ahead of him. And unless JV is traded, he'll continue to start at the 5 which will make Ibaka the starting 4.

Comment

• Yeah, P Skills has some competition for the back up forward position. I think P skills will start out in the role because I think OG will start the year playing for 905. OG might over take him by the new year though. Especially if that shot finds any consistency
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Stud
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Had no idea OG could dribble like that at that size/length. Wow. Handles and a 3-pt shot can be improved by through hard work, so hopefully he's got that work ethic. But he already has 2 things you can't teach.....basketball instincts & ridiculous physical gifts. Most exciting Raps pick in a long time.

Comment

• He looks better than advertised. If he's a Powell/DeMar type gym rat he's going to be very fucking good because he has better physical tools than either of them imo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Had no idea OG could dribble like that at that size/length. Wow. Handles and a 3-pt shot can be improved by through hard work, so hopefully he's got that work ethic. But he already has 2 things you can't teach.....basketball instincts & ridiculous physical gifts. Most exciting Raps pick in a long time.
                He did not have that handle in college. His college coach says his work ethic is superb and it's showing a bit so far

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  He did not have that handle in college. His college coach says his work ethic is superb and it's showing a bit so far
                  Yeah tbh I didn't see any ball skills like what he showed today in any of his college videos that I watched. That is new.

Comment

• I truly hope that OG turns into a good player for us...but this is one pre-season game. I need to see a whole lot more before I put him in the rotation.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• You guys are getting me hyped up about OG after 1 preseason game. Can't wait to see more of him. Please, please, please stay healthy!

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        I truly hope that OG turns into a good player for us...but this is one pre-season game. I need to see a whole lot more before I put him in the rotation.
                        If we keep waiting for guys to develop before putting them in the rotation, we're wasting both time and opportunity. The sooner he makes mistakes, the sooner he can learn from them and improve.

If he's physically ready I want him playing 15-20 minutes a night. If he shows us he can handle more, good. If not, we're laying the foundation for a bigger role in his sophomore season.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          If we keep waiting for guys to develop before putting them in the rotation, we're wasting both time and opportunity. The sooner he makes mistakes, the sooner he can learn from them and improve.

If he's physically ready I want him playing 15-20 minutes a night. If he shows us he can handle more, good. If not, we're laying the foundation for a bigger role in his sophomore season.
                          What I am saying is that one preseason game may not be indicative of what he is truly ready to bring. If you look at rotation of 8 regular players and stretch it to 10 for certain situations, who are our 10?

Top 8
                          Lowry
                          DeMar
                          Norm
                          Serge
                          Jonas
                          Wright
                          Miles
                          Poeltl
                          How many minutes do you get out of Siakam, FVV, Lucas, and OG. Hard to just give 15-20 minutes a night to the rookie.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                            What I am saying is that one preseason game may not be indicative of what he is truly ready to bring. If you look at rotation of 8 regular players and stretch it to 10 for certain situations, who are our 10?

Top 8
                            Lowry
                            DeMar
                            Norm
                            Serge
                            Jonas
                            Wright
                            Miles
                            Poeltl
                            How many minutes do you get out of Siakam, FVV, Lucas, and OG. Hard to just give 15-20 minutes a night to the rookie.
                            Not really. Maybe Fred can get some minutes but he's looked much better than Pascal defensively and he's stronger than Pascal. The only thing Pascal MAY have over him is shooting but its not like he's an amazing shooter himself anyway.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              Not really. Maybe Fred can get some minutes but he's looked much better than Pascal defensively and he's stronger than Pascal. The only thing Pascal MAY have over him is shooting but its not like he's an amazing shooter himself anyway.
                              wait you meant OG right?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Anyone else a little concerned with OG being back way ahead of schedule? There have been rumours of mishandled returns from injury around this team for a few years and Casey has a tendency to throw a guy in for heavy minutes his first game back.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X