No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 7'6 wingspan has been mentioned but he was 7'2 at the combine. His arms don't look like Bruno but that's just my eye test.
    To the people who don't like this pick, have you seen him play (not DX highlights)?
    Either masai has Jedi mind powers or the bball good were smiling on us bc that was an unbelievable pick.
    We got norm and og for Vasquez. Genius. That combo is gonna be dead face killers!

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
      Great pick!

If this feature from last Nov doesn't get you excited about him, I don't know what will
      https://theringer.com/og-anunoby-hyp...r-a90bda92fced
      This article touches on Bruno too. Similar physiques.

That said, his actual measured wingspan is more like 7'2". He's not in the Bruno category - but his proportions are similar to Powell's (6'4", 6'11" wingspan vs OG's 6'8", 7'2" wingspan), which is a big part of Powell's ability to defend multiple positions - the speed of a guard and the reach of a forward. OG has the same thing, but up a position - the speed of a wing player and the reach of a big man.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I was yelling at the tv when og was sliding. Awesome!

Comment

Bonus of having OG on the team - he would lock up Demar!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            This article touches on Bruno too. Similar physiques.

That said, his actual measured wingspan is more like 7'2". He's not in the Bruno category - but his proportions are similar to Powell's (6'4", 6'11" wingspan vs OG's 6'8", 7'2" wingspan), which is a big part of Powell's ability to defend multiple positions - the speed of a guard and the reach of a forward. OG has the same thing, but up a position - the speed of a wing player and the reach of a big man.
            You're one minute behind me. You're gonna be talking JV trades soon....😉

Comment

Team Wingspan vs Team Lebron's Chumps

Delon
              Norm
              OG
              Bruno
              Bebe

+Jak, FVV, Siakam

vs.

Kyle
              Demar
              Demarre
              Serge
              JV

+Cory, PJ, 2Pat

What year does Wingspan win? 2020-2021 season?

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                I was yelling at the tv when og was sliding. Awesome!
                Your not worried about his lack of ball IQ?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So I guess MKG with a better jumper is a good comp for OG?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Reads like salt

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                      Team Wingspan vs Team Lebron's Chumps

Delon
                      Norm
                      OG
                      Bruno
                      Bebe

+Jak, FVV, Siakam

vs.

Kyle
                      Demar
                      Demarre
                      Serge
                      JV

+Cory, PJ, 2Pat

What year does Wingspan win? 2020-2021 season?
                      We now lose to the Bucks in the conference Finals instead of Lebron and the Cavs

Comment

I don't think he lacks Ball IQ. He's great at playing within himself, doesn't do anything he's not capable of doing on the offensive end. Great at reading screens and pushing through them of defence. I don't know where you got that idea but I don't think it's true.

Comment

I hadn't thought of it this way, but that's a fantastic ceiling to have. MKG is incredible.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He plays a little bigger than MKG. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play small ball PF or even C in some situations. I expect them to try him out on elite wing players but will typically keep him on bigs. His jumper is still in question. Okay at catch and shoots but isn't really a high volume shooter for good sample size.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                              I don't think he lacks Ball IQ. He's great at playing within himself, doesn't do anything he's not capable of doing on the offensive end. Great at reading screens and pushing through them of defence. I don't know where you got that idea but I don't think it's true.
                              The reason he doesn't force anything is cause, he is limited on offence. He either shoots an open shot or drives in straight line. Not a good shooter, dribbler and passer. Doesn't have much feel for the game on O. He has a lot of work to do on offence.
                              tucas wrote: View Post
                              He plays a little bigger than MKG. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play small ball PF or even C in some situations. I expect them to try him out on elite wing players but will typically keep him on bigs. His jumper is still in question. Okay at catch and shoots but isn't really a high volume shooter for good sample size.
                              MKG got a better handle and feel for the game. OG not a good shooter but, at least his shot isnt broken like MKG.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yes, I am. His trajectory is opposite to semi tho. I feel OG could go either way but semi is closer to a finished product.
                                As you asked and I've said this earlier, I think his floor is mkg but his ceiling is a super-lite kawhi.
                                I'd put semi between Tucker and Crowder, in terms of talent, not skills/impact match exactly. He could also be Ben bentil which Danny already drafted and cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X