Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'm not asking him to play 40 a game, just 25 for awhile. I doubt the difference in 18 to 25 minutes causes an ACL tear, those can happen at any time, even non contact practice drills.
    Frankly, if we start using our stars the way we usually have in terms of minutes played, we can start OG, keep him at 18, and still not push Miles past his ~24 MPG ideal max.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd agree with Dan here, I'm all for OG starting but to ramp up his minutes this early in his recovery is taking too much of a gamble. Around 20 minutes a game would be perfect.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Frankly, if we start using our stars the way we usually have in terms of minutes played, we can start OG, keep him at 18, and still not push Miles past his ~24 MPG ideal max.
        Yeah I agree. Perhaps underappreciated is how little bball OG has played in the last 2-3 years. Seems like he would hit a wall pretty quickly with a lot of run, may as well not push our luck at this point. This year should be all about NBA experience, learning, and adjusting.

Comment

• Because I never get tired of getting excited about this kid. From a week old interview with Isiah Thomas:

Dave Zarum: How closely did you follow OG Anunoby’s career when he was at your alma mater at Indiana?

Isiah Thomas: I always go down and watch Indiana play. I attend a lot of their practices and games when he was there with coach Tom Crean. I was actually at the North Carolina game when he got hurt.

The size and athleticism that he has, the quickness, the skill— it jumps out at you right away. I never felt that the college game was able to expose what he was really capable of. There are so many zones, and limited possesions. You’re in and out of the game, playing three to four minute bursts until the next group came in. But credit to [Raptors president] Masai [Ujiri] for understanding what he was watching, because [Anunoby] has a chance to be really special.

Dave Zarum: Falling to 23rd overall in the draft obviously had a lot to do with his injury. Does it surprise you that so many teams would be scared off by that given how advanced rehab, treatments, and the medical side of things have come over the years? I think of your Achilles injury— you’d probably have recovered from that and played longer if that happened today.

Isiah THomas: It clearly wouldn’t be as invasive of a surgery as it was back then. The way the game is today— and I say this sadly— everyone looks for the little guy who can stand out on the perimeter, shoot it, look all cute and stuff. I still believe to this day that when the big guys show up, and they start huffing and puffing and throwing their weight around…In this sport, if the big guys play big they’ll beat the little guy every time. And the only reason they can make the impact that they do is because the rules are catered to them now.

So when OG falls to number 23, it’s only because the mindset of most GMs these days is to find a guy who can stand outside and shoot the three and make people clap. One day soon I think the pendulum will swing back toward the middle and the big guys will be meaningful again.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's funny because right now OG is 2nd on the Raptors in 3PT% at 37% just behind Ibaka. Small sample, but still funny that he's had such success there when that was apparently the perceived hole in his game.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              It's funny because right now OG is 2nd on the Raptors in 3PT% at 37% just behind Ibaka. Small sample, but still funny that he's had such success there when that was apparently the perceived hole in his game.
              His form is still butt fugly, but hey, I'll take 37%.

Comment

• He's so confident when he shoots it too. Anti-Patterson
                OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                  He's so confident when he shoots it too. Anti-Patterson
                  He never seems to get too high or too low, he just keeps doing his thing no matter what's happening.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    He never seems to get too high or too low, he just keeps doing his thing no matter what's happening.
                    The Jays could use him as a closer....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      us too

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I'd allow it, if Roberto Osuna can be 3&D Small Forward
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• let the record show who were the OG supporters of OG

Comment

• Just hand this kid a spot in the starting unit now. Beyond impressed.

Comment

• OG "The Answer" Anunoby.

He even wears the #3 in honor of Allen Iverson, true story...his favorite player.

Comment

• Anyone watch the NBATV broadcast last night? OG earned himself the #PlayersOnly game ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X