Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Wright, Powell, OG, Bruno, the future juggernaut defensive team.
    Do you guys really think Bruno will be able to play the 4?
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-bla...omething-dont/

Tolzman says OG will play next yr regardless of his offense bc his D is so strong and unique on the raps.
      Also, lots of interest in the magic '18 2nd Rd pick at the draft.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I didn't watch the vertical draft show so here's the section on OG. No one knows more about this kid than Tom Crean so great insight.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/streamab...p_player/6mls1
        This was great. Got me really excited. It will take time and patience but he's gonna be good
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Thanks for posting Lewro -- Couldn't catch it live.
          And great to see the segment on the Vertical.
          Think we got a really good one here.
          Love this pick.

Comment

• I can't help but notice the similarities between OG, Siakam and Bruno...

Once OG is healthy, those practice sessions are going to be intense.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Everytime you step on the basketball court you can get injured but if you are a player that is still looking to expend his role and skills on an NBA team , it is in your interest to find the best environment to do so. Wright injury was a unfortumate one but he still need to work on his shot and there is no better to do so against an inferior competition.
              He has nothing to gain from playing against summer league players to begin with, and he has to consider that summer league has only hurt his career this far. No point in going. May as well workout withactual nba guys.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Do you guys really think Bruno will be able to play the 4?
                Depending on who he is up against at the 4, I can see Bruno being fine at the role. He's become a solid post defender in his time with the 905, he just needs to get better at closing out guys for rebounds, which I bet is something he's working on as we speak. His length helps him defend on the perimeter & he definitely has the footspeed to keep up with other guys.... it's all about decision making with Bruno, which has gotten a LOT better.

TBH, Bruno is a combo forward & heck.... if you wanna go ultra small, could be used as a 5.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Depending on who he is up against at the 4, I can see Bruno being fine at the role. He's become a solid post defender in his time with the 905, he just needs to get better at closing out guys for rebounds, which I bet is something he's working on as we speak. His length helps him defend on the perimeter & he definitely has the footspeed to keep up with other guys.... it's all about decision making with Bruno, which has gotten a LOT better.

TBH, Bruno is a combo forward & heck.... if you wanna go ultra small, could be used as a 5.
                  Good to hear because to be honest I haven't watched a single 905 game. He may actually get minutes this season so hopefully he can at least handle a 3 and D role.

Comment

• Was looking for a more indepth article on Anunoby's strenghts/weaknesses, etc... and came across this:
                    https://medium.com/@jzmazlish/why-og...0-564dd7408037

This is a pretty great article on him. The blogger compares Anunoby's defense to Paul George.. and his offense to Aminu. Not bad at all considering he was the 23rd pick.

I'm getting more excited. Just need to see him on an NBA court.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Was looking for a more indepth article on Anunoby's strenghts/weaknesses, etc... and came across this:
                      https://medium.com/@jzmazlish/why-og...0-564dd7408037

This is a pretty great article on him. The blogger compares Anunoby's defense to Paul George.. and his offense to Aminu. Not bad at all considering he was the 23rd pick.

I'm getting more excited. Just need to see him on an NBA court.
                      Great article. Jz mazlish is one of the sexier draft bloggers.

Comment

• Finally a highlight reel that does OG justice!

Imagine if this guy and Bruno actually develop into the ultimate 4/5 combo for the modern era. Yowzers.

In the mean time, if we manage to hold on to Tucker, we'll have two of the most defensively mobile "bigs" in the league. Three if you count Bruno (and you know I do).

Finally, I genuinely think Anunoby is the type of player that Casey will play. You saw it with Siakim last season (out of necessity of course) and we saw it with PP (a young vet). If you can bring the juice, pound the rock, be in position, whatever, you've actually got a shot at minutes.

Comment

• Having watched a few more of his highlights, his length and athleticism reminds me of Shawn Marion (who was also a Raptor for like 2 months).

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I'm excited to see the progress in our young players. Delon was saddled by that shoulder injury last year, I'm hoping for big changes this year.

If this franchise is looking to pivot, at least two of Norm, Delon, Poeltl, and Siakam have to have a really good summer of development.
                            I think Poeltl will gain tremendously this off season. He and the training staff know exactly what he needs to work on. And just watching his development through the season suggests to me he has all the work ethic you could hope for.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                              I can't help but notice the similarities between OG, Siakam and Bruno...

Once OG is healthy, those practice sessions are going to be intense.
                              OG looks like a Siakam with a high ceiling. If it pans out that way, I'm not sure where that leaves Siakam.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Having watched a few more of his highlights, his length and athleticism reminds me of Shawn Marion (who was also a Raptor for like 2 months).
                                I haven't watched a tonne of video on him yet, but I saw a bit of Amarie Stoudamire at first glance.

Comment

Working...
                                X