No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally I don't look at the measurables or stats as much. Maybe I could comp MJ to guys that are 6'6 215lbs (I'm exxagerating). I just go off of feel and OG to me feels more like mkg, kawhi, Iggy, etc. That said, he barely played his rookie yr and only started to figure things out as a sophomore before he got hurt. Hes got a way to go yet and the team can develop as they see fit. We will see... Maybe he's the next Roy Hibbert?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Personally I don't look at the measurables or stats as much. Maybe I could comp MJ to guys that are 6'6 215lbs (I'm exxagerating). I just go off of feel and OG to me feels more like mkg, kawhi, Iggy, etc. That said, he barely played his rookie yr and only started to figure things out as a sophomore before he got hurt. Hes got a way to go yet and the team can develop as they see fit. We will see... Maybe he's the next Roy Hibbert?
      Soo a 2-Time All-Star and All-Defensive 2nd Team? Frig yes. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Soo a 2-Time All-Star and All-Defensive 2nd Team? Frig yes. Lol
        Worked for JV.

Comment

• Feel like hopes are pretty high. He has great physical tools but still lacks polish.

Realistically it would be a good pick if he ends up being a Moe Harkless level contributor (this past year's Harkless). If that's his floor and he gets there quickly, I'm happy with this pick.

Now, how many minutes will he get if we're unable to move Carroll and Casey is still coaching?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Feel like hopes are pretty high. He has great physical tools but still lacks polish.

Realistically it would be a good pick if he ends up being a Moe Harkless level contributor (this past year's Harkless). If that's his floor and he gets there quickly, I'm happy with this pick.

Now, how many minutes will he get if we're unable to move Carroll and Casey is still coaching?
            I wouldn't worry about it. Casey only started Carroll because he had to to save face after the free agency signing. The guy only played like 18 mpg even tho he was starting. His minutes will shrink if Casey is willing to play norm even a bit more than last year, and I'm sure OG will find time as a 3 and a 4 because we likely won't have all of our bigs back next year. My bold prediction is that OG will be starting by February or March.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't worry about it. Casey only started Carroll because he had to to save face after the free agency signing. The guy only played like 18 mpg even tho he was starting. His minutes will shrink if Casey is willing to play norm even a bit more than last year, and I'm sure OG will find time as a 3 and a 4 because we likely won't have all of our bigs back next year. My bold prediction is that OG will be starting by February or March.
              I don't know where you're pulling 18 from. Carroll averaged over 26mpg this past season. It was painfully obvious even early in the year that every other wing player we had was more effective, yet he continued to start. Casey used the "guys can't lose their starting spot to injury", when his performance was bad all year.

I expect if Carroll can't be moved, Casey will probably start him early in the season. And every random good game he has will keep buying him minutes. And if Powell and/or OG are outperforming him, it will be frustrating.

Comment

• Carroll did average 16 MPG in the playoffs. And only 23 MPG in the regular season after the all star break, including only 20 MPG over the last 15 games of the regular season.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That said, if Carroll's here, he's totally starting.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    He has a longer wingspan and higher standing reach by at least a couple inches in both cases and higher rate of production defensively both steals and blocks per game than JJ.
                    😷

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post

One thing to note here is that the defender is Donovan Mitchell. Mitchell is a freak athlete and very good defender. His nba comp is often cited as norm powell (whatever value you do or do not see in those comps aside, the measurables and athleticism are similar). It's just one play and OG had some momentum/advantage coming off a screen, but imo, it demonstrates something of what i felt watching this kid on tv, in terms of how impressed i was by his athleticism.
                      After watching these videos (thanks posters!), the thing that stands out is how OG makes ridiculously athletic plays look effortless. Like ho-hum, routine. Just insane. I'm not sure if we have anybody in the league with that combination of explosiveness, height and wingspan other than Giannis. Great pick by Masai and totally worth the injury risk.

Comment

• Noticed some angst filled posts re Carroll above. Of course his play was subpar but is it not possible that the off season rest to his injuries along with summer workouts might surprise us? Not expecting unicorns but we can be optimistic

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Noticed some angst filled posts re Carroll above. Of course his play was subpar but is it not possible that the off season rest to his injuries along with summer workouts might surprise us? Not expecting unicorns but we can be optimistic
                          I think for now we have to accept that he will be difficult to trade. A better idea would be to trade JV/Joseph

We may be able to trade Carroll but it will have to come during the season when he starts to play better. I think he will play better too.

Comment

• Carroll's over 30 now, don't see a return of athleticism, even if he's fully healthy. I could see an uptick in his 3 pt % if anything, as far as positives.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I've watched 4 of his games. Two from freshmen and two from sophomore. The kid can play. On D he is real good. On O he is just as raw as Deebo when he came in with a better 3 ball. He's going to be good though. This coaching staff has been too good at player development.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Noticed some angst filled posts re Carroll above. Of course his play was subpar but is it not possible that the off season rest to his injuries along with summer workouts might surprise us? Not expecting unicorns but we can be optimistic
                                Oh please, you sound worse than Casey.

You're talking like this is last summer lol he had an entire season to show that he turned the corner and it turns out he's just playing on a bum knee and it's obvious. Nevermind his oversold "defensive abilities" as a player that constantly gets caught sagging off his man and "doubling" in reality never gets close enough to actually double but far enough so his man gets an easy shot or drives and collapses the defense.

I'd love to be as optimistic as you but please find me player that 1 season and half later still doesn't even remotely resemble the player they were but suddenly after a summer comes back looking a 100%?! In reality he is far more like how Grant Hill or Rose have never been the same player after but the difference is they were superstars who became fairly average after and Carroll was a role player that has become D-League worthy. Carroll is washed up and it's obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X