Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Or a starting SF maybe? He could feasibly play both positions. Remember that he's physically still rusty from the injury, but this kid could guard 1-5 in college, and I expect when he's 100% he should be able to guard at least 2-4 in the NBA I think.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it will come down to what direction the team goes with the roster. If they do decide that going small is the way to go, and move on from JV (or, gasp, Ibaka), then OG seems destined for the starting 4 spot. If they stay big, then it will depend on how Powell does in the starting lineup, OG could end up in his spot because of his size against the most dangerous wings.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, it will come down to what direction the team goes with the roster. If they do decide that going small is the way to go, and move on from JV (or, gasp, Ibaka), then OG seems destined for the starting 4 spot. If they stay big, then it will depend on how Powell does in the starting lineup, OG could end up in his spot because of his size against the most dangerous wings.
      I mean he could prosper in either role, but I kinda like him overpowering smaller wings to be honest.

Comment

• Comment

• Well he sure doesn't talk much. I am reminded the catch phrase of a TV show front the early sixties. Dragnet. "The facts Ma'am, just the facts."
          Last edited by Puffer; Fri Oct 20, 2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Anyone got a good nickname?

I can only think of lame, half-mocking ones like "wedgie" (for his shorts) or "MOG" (read emoji, for his always stoic expression).

Comment

Anyone got a good nickname?

I can only think of lame, half-mocking ones like "wedgie" (for his shorts) or "MOG" (read emoji, for his always stoic expression).

Tha real OG. Seriously tho, his name already is gangster as hell lol
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Anyone got a good nickname?

OG
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Some guys don't need a nickname. OG is one of them.

I am partial to the occasional OG-Wanunoby. He is after all, our only hope.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Some guys don't need a nickname. OG is one of them.

Lol that's not bad

Comment

Some guys don't need a nickname. OG is one of them.

This has been done before but in my opinion you don't need to add the 'W',
                      It scans better without, as it's got the same syllables.
                      "Help me OG Anunoby, you're my only hope."
                      ....perhaps "The Jedi Master?" ... "Young Jedi?"
                      I agree with your first statement - some guys just don't need a nickname.
                      Don't get much better than OG.
                      What I'd like to see though is people starting to generate OG Anunoby Star Wars memes/gifs.
                      Let's go people.
                      The Force is strong with this one.

...alright I'll get the ball rolling...
                      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sat Oct 21, 2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

This man is a genius with words

Comment

• Okay so when OG was drafted, I was actually quite confused. Because on the weekly podcast all I had heard people talk about was Jordan Bell, and some other guys I forgot about now. Now if I'm understanding things right... OG was/seems hopefully to be so far way way better than any of these guys mentioned pre-draft? Additionally, given that all 22 teams or whatever prior to the Raptors passed on drafting this guy... Are they all feeling really stupid right now? Does anyone know if any people drafted ahead of OG have looked substantially better? Keeping in mind that it's of course super early. I could be wrong but Lonzo Ball didn't exactly seem to light it up on his Lakers debut, at least from the box score..

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                            Okay so when OG was drafted, I was actually quite confused. Because on the weekly podcast all I had heard people talk about was Jordan Bell, and some other guys I forgot about now. Now if I'm understanding things right... OG was/seems hopefully to be so far way way better than any of these guys mentioned pre-draft? Additionally, given that all 22 teams or whatever prior to the Raptors passed on drafting this guy... Are they all feeling really stupid right now? Does anyone know if any people drafted ahead of OG have looked substantially better? Keeping in mind that it's of course super early. I could be wrong but Lonzo Ball didn't exactly seem to light it up on his Lakers debut, at least from the box score..
                            To be fair, the draft was super good and deep. I would put OG as a top 10 pick now, but at the time, given that he didn't look this good at school and he was hurt with an uncertain return date and no ability to really do a pro day, he probably should have been in the 12-18 range.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                              This man is a genius with words
                              Hemingway-esque in his poetic simplicity. Truly seems as though there's nothing he can't do.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Hemingway-esque in his poetic simplicity. Truly seems as though there's nothing he can't do.
                                OG is a Haiku sensei.

Comment

Working...
                                X