Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Anyone else a little concerned with OG being back way ahead of schedule? There have been rumours of mishandled returns from injury around this team for a few years and Casey has a tendency to throw a guy in for heavy minutes his first game back.
    We have no info. We just gotta trust that medical stuff did their job and didn't miss anything. If he's healthy then he's good to go. You can't overheal
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Anyone else a little concerned with OG being back way ahead of schedule? There have been rumours of mishandled returns from injury around this team for a few years and Casey has a tendency to throw a guy in for heavy minutes his first game back.
      Well, it's not way ahead of schedule. Original timeline we had was November, maybe December. So like a month early out of a 10 month recovery is not exactly way ahead of schedule.

It's possible it gets mishandled, but by all accounts the Raps were willing to be patient on this, so if he's playing, it's because he has a clean bill of health.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Totally changes the complexion of this team's future forecast. I know he missed all his 3s but he didn't look so uncomfortable taking them

Comment

• He looked ok. But pretty impressive considering he missed Summer League and only started doing 5 on 5 during training camp
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            He looked ok. But pretty impressive considering he missed Summer League and only started doing 5 on 5 during training camp
            I think the important thing is that these were his first ever NBA minutes of any kind, coming off a major injury, and he still looked more at home than Bruno, haha

Comment

• His playmaking skills are a bigtime bonus. Wasn't expecting that at all.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Had no idea OG could dribble like that at that size/length. Wow. Handles and a 3-pt shot can be improved by through hard work, so hopefully he's got that work ethic. But he already has 2 things you can't teach.....basketball instincts & ridiculous physical gifts. Most exciting Raps pick in a long time.
                Considering MU's penchant for players (draftees) with the character/hard work trait and some of the material out there on OG all indications are he has this. The link below briefly speaks to it along with a more substantial scouting review of his talents...

I recently spoke to a person who covered Anunoby during his time at Indiana and he had nothing but glowing things to say about his work ethic and character. “Work ethic was the best of any IU player I’ve seen [recently]. Teammates loved playing with him. [His] personality is one of a kind. One of the few players I saw who would chat up ushers and security guards; always gracious and willing to take pictures with fans.”
                http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2017...or-og-anunoby/

Comment

• I am hyped.

He is likely going to be our starting 4 by next year. Book it.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Yeah tbh I didn't see any ball skills like what he showed today in any of his college videos that I watched. That is new.
                    It sounds like IU players have a history of not showing all their skills in college, can't tell if that is just fans angry about the coach (Crean) or if that has substance. Anyway, good to see!

I have to say, i wouldn't mind starting OG with the 905s for a month or two, and I think he could play 10 min off the bench for the big club right away with few troubles. Just seems like coming back from injury he will gain more from more game time and reps at the start of the year. No need to hurt his confidence with infrequent play time and no need to make going to the Gleague later in the season seem like a punishment.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      What I am saying is that one preseason game may not be indicative of what he is truly ready to bring. If you look at rotation of 8 regular players and stretch it to 10 for certain situations, who are our 10?

Top 8
                      Lowry
                      DeMar
                      Norm
                      Serge
                      Jonas
                      Wright
                      Miles
                      Poeltl
                      How many minutes do you get out of Siakam, FVV, Lucas, and OG. Hard to just give 15-20 minutes a night to the rookie.
                      Forward is where we're thin. It's not that hard to find minutes imo.

Let's say:
                      Lowry 34
                      DD 34
                      Norm 30
                      Serge 34
                      Jonas 28
                      Wright 18
                      Miles 25
                      Poeltl 15

Leaves 22 minutes. Serge/Jonas/Poeltl at 77 leaves 19 for PF/C. Could drop a few minutes from Serge too.

Bebe and FVV don't need to be in the rotation imo. Have OG and Siakam vie for the forward minutes.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I am hyped.

He is likely going to be our starting 4 by next year. Book it.
                        Nah. He's a SF.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• OG probably worked a lot on his handle as that was probably the only thing he could do while injured.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• He's better on offense that I thought

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I know people have already mentioned it but his handles looked really fluid and natural on that play. His athleticism and length are off the charts.

Comment

• I haven't watched yesterday's preseason game as yet, but based on everyone's reviews I'm prepared to declare him our LeBron stopper.

Comment

Working...
                                X