No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's James!? He's a Sixers fan now, I guess...?

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      He's reminding me of Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson.

On Kawhi comparisons: Spurs turned Kawhi into MVP. Could Raps do that? I doubt it. I have no trust in our developmental staff. That's why I preferred when Raps drafted polished players.
      I think Stackhouse is doing fantastic work. We picked up Hawks trash and made it dleague dpoy in 1yr. 905 has high success of sending guys to NBA. Bruno and siakam grew a lot this yr. Yak would have too imo. Mermuys did well with norm and Delon and now coaches Lakers.
      Casey is not good imo tho.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
        Yes, bc he has potential to be more. We shouldn't game plan him around the Cavs. The outlook is that stack takes on the challenge and hangs his hat on it.
        Semi might be on the Celts now so fuck him!
        Fuck him indeed.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Love this pick. Was rooting for him to slip to us.

Reports last night were that he is 2 months ahead of schedule on his rehab, which would put him back on the court with full contact in September or October. Already doing shooting work. So may get some pre-season looks at him even if no summer league.
          Well if Dan loves the pick so do I. And he's only 19 years old and already has an NBA body and NBA athleticism. I think he'll be good. If all he becomes is a good 3&D player I can definitely live with that.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            Well if Dan loves the pick so do I. And he's only 19 years old and already has an NBA body and NBA athleticism. I think he'll be good. If all he becomes is a good 3&D player I can definitely live with that.
            And don't forget....he likes cheesecake!...plain.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              I hadn't thought of it this way, but that's a fantastic ceiling to have. MKG is incredible.
              Is he? I swear MKG is still a mess on the offensive end?
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

5 pages in one day!

OG wasn't my guy. I had him below Bolden, and Bell. But when he kept falling, and what he has the potential to be (a higher ceiling than the guys I like), I knew where he was going.

I trust coach Stack. I trust the Raps med staff. He might be in the G League for 2 seasons. But, he fits the type of player I wanted; who can switch and guard the perimeter.

He's no Kawhi, but someone mentioned Artest. If he's a calmer version, and he adds a jump shot so that he can stay on the court, that would be exciting.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Fuck him indeed.

So we agree on that! I'm sure we will argue Mikal bridges vs Grayson Allen next yr!

Comment

Oh damn he's from London

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      So we agree on that! I'm sure we will argue Mikal bridges vs Grayson Allen next yr!
                      As soon as your a Celtics your dead to me.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• You guys really love MKG. I know he's a good defender but am I missing something here with how impactful he is? Maybe it's because he's been injured for most of his career I haven't noticed how good he actually is.

Comment

• MKG is pretty bad offensively but is an incredible defender. He grades out as a net positive. And OG's shot is not nearly as broken as MKG's, and he can finish quite well at the rim. So any comparison there is pretty favourable to OG - anything approaching MKG's defensive impact, plus a remotely decent offensive game is a tremendous steal at 23 in the draft.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Alright guys, if you guys ever see a suspect guy playing pick up ball with speedos on, it's me

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              He's reminding me of Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson.

On Kawhi comparisons: Spurs turned Kawhi into MVP. Could Raps do that? I doubt it. I have no trust in our developmental staff. That's why I preferred when Raps drafted polished players.
                              He's much BIGGER, LONGER than both Winslow and especially Johnson.

His actual length and size/strength and defensive instincts are far more on par with Millsap and Green and that's no exaggeration (as a FYI he actually measured out slightly taller and longer than BOTH of them too)....each one of them in college had a per 40 pace of 2bpg and 2spg, neither Winslow or Johnson did that. OG's size is far more on par with PFs where as Winslow and Johnson are arguably the size of SGs but are just stronger than most.

Anunoby projects to be a far more elite defender than those 2 by a long shot. Everyone keeps praying for a "Kawhi" upside but he is far more likely to be like Draymond with less passing ability. Getting an elite defender that can occasionally nail a 3 at the #23 pick, give me that all day!

Remember too folks, the kid is still only NINETEEN YEARS OLD, he is the age of most FRESHMAN and he is actually YOUNGER than both Josh Jackson (who's shot looks far worse) and Lauri Markannen to keep in perspective that there is plenty of time to work on him.
                              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Jun 23, 2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• James:
                                -his wingspan is disputed
                                -several players have avg 2stls/blks in NCAA and not panned out
                                -you made the kawhi comp in November and I made the mkg comp and we debated it. I still set it as floor/ceiling (lite version). The Artest and Iggy comps are interesting too.

Comment

Working...
                                X