Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I've watched 4 of his games. Two from freshmen and two from sophomore. The kid can play. On D he is real good. On O he is just as raw as Deebo when he came in with a better 3 ball. He's going to be good though. This coaching staff has been too good at player development.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Do you still think he's the consolation prize to semi? I wouldn't have taken semi at 23 but at 37 that's a solid pick imo.
    I kinda see what you mean about DeMar but I'd say DeMar had better handles and less of a 3. DeMar made his name by destroying the pac12 (I think it was still pac10 then?) Tournament by really athletic drives to the rim. We've seen flashes of OG having a great first step, with limited handles but he didn't get an opportunity to really showcase that part of his game. I have high hopes but didn't see enough to feel confident in that aspect.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Do you still think he's the consolation prize to semi? I wouldn't have taken semi at 23 but at 37 that's a solid pick imo.
      I kinda see what you mean about DeMar but I'd say DeMar had better handles and less of a 3. DeMar made his name by destroying the pac12 (I think it was still pac10 then?) Tournament by really athletic drives to the rim. We've seen flashes of OG having a great first step, with limited handles but he didn't get an opportunity to really showcase that part of his game. I have high hopes but didn't see enough to feel confident in that aspect.
      Semi was more NBA ready and I'd rather just draft a shooter than trying to develop one for once. I still would of taken Semi at 23rd.

Yeah, your right Debo did have a better handle and better scoring instincts. I really like OG's first step. Which help because he is not capable of changing directions right now.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 27, 2017, 01:05 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Semi was more NBA ready and I'd rather just draft a shooter than trying to develop one for once. I still would of taken Semi at 23rd.

Yeah, your right Debo did have a better handle and better scoring instincts. I really like OG's first step. Which help because he is not capable of changing directions right now.

Kinda bold imo but that's good. Maybe OGs ACL will limit him? We will see...
        OG turned the corner pretty damn well in the gif I posted earlier but again, it's one play in 800 min career.

Comment

Kinda bold imo but that's good. Maybe OGs ACL will limit him? We will see...
          OG turned the corner pretty damn well in the gif I posted earlier but again, it's one play in 800 min career.
          I watched that game. Indianna runs this play where the perimeter players dribble a cross the court and do a DHO(dribble hand off). Like a weave. Mitchell was caught sleeping. Once he realize it was too late. If it's not a straight line drive he will get in trouble. No counters yet. That first step is fast though.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I watched that game. Indianna runs this play where the perimeter players dribble a cross the court and do a DHO(dribble hand off). Like a weave. Mitchell was caught sleeping. Once he realize it was too late. If it's not a straight line drive he will get in trouble. No counters yet. That first step is fast though.

Didn't look completely straight-line to me, seemed like he pivoted and accelerated after making the read. Again, it's just one play.
            I listened to pods with Indiana student journos that were guests with Blake and Sean Woodley. I can't remember which pod but one of them was saying that OG showed a lot of potential in this area but he felt the coaches held him back. Take that for what it's worth but I'd imagine he showed some inconsistency in practice. Seems like you can build on that athleticism if he's healthy tho.

Comment

• Ah I love summer, when hope is in the air...

OG almost as tantalizing as Giannis
              Carroll will magically rejuvenate himself
              Casey can change his stripes

Comment

• Is OG the real Claw Reborn?

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Oh please, you sound worse than Casey.

You're talking like this is last summer lol he had an entire season to show that he turned the corner and it turns out he's just playing on a bum knee and it's obvious. Nevermind his oversold "defensive abilities" as a player that constantly gets caught sagging off his man and "doubling" in reality never gets close enough to actually double but far enough so his man gets an easy shot or drives and collapses the defense.

I'd love to be as optimistic as you but please find me player that 1 season and half later still doesn't even remotely resemble the player they were but suddenly after a summer comes back looking a 100%?! In reality he is far more like how Grant Hill or Rose have never been the same player after but the difference is they were superstars who became fairly average after and Carroll was a role player that has become D-League worthy. Carroll is washed up and it's obvious.
                  That hurts

Antonio McDyess, Shaun Livingstone decent comparisons?

The point of my post was mostly that he is really a tough move at this time and that we might need to shed a real asset to do so. Besides we have no idea how his workouts are going as we commiserate. 6-9 mos. can be a long time in a rehab timetable. We might as well just hang in there unless of course a boffo deal comes Masai's way.

Comment

Is OG the real Claw Reborn?
                    Not sure if you're referring to the renowned DeRozan hating poster or insinuating that he has the potential to be another Kawhi but in either case no lol...

Again his potential in relation to any high level player would be Draymond-lite. He has the combination of strength, length, lateral quickness and defensive instincts. He plays defense in a very similar way. Leonard applies a lot more on the ball pressure than probably anyone else in the league and only Bradley and Tony Allen I see play in a similar way but not as effective since Kawhi has longer arms/hands to swipe at the ball and just be a general nuisance trying to dribble around.

I think less people would object to the comparison to Draymond if he wasn't fresh off of a DPOY award and wasn't overly hyped by some media that claim outrageous things like being better than Barkley. The reality is Draymond would certainly still be a very valuable defender on any team he went to but nowhere near good enough offensively to carry team as Chuck did. Heck have Draymond swap places with Barkley in PHX and they wouldn't make it out the 1st rd nvm go to a Finals. He's really not as great of a shooter as he seems to be thought of with career 3pt shooting average around 33%, was only shooting around 20 something % in his 1st year and just 30% last year. I really believe OG will have a very similar level BUT what makes him so intriguing is he is still only 19 so by the time he is the age Draymond was when he entered the league he could have added more skills AND he substantially better leaper/more athletic and a bit taller/longer so who knows really what his ceiling is but Giannis it is not either lol for the poster who mentioned that, entirely different players and not that "freakish".

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      That hurts

Antonio McDyess, Shaun Livingstone decent comparisons?

The point of my post was mostly that he is really a tough move at this time and that we might need to shed a real asset to do so. Besides we have no idea how his workouts are going as we commiserate. 6-9 mos. can be a long time in a rehab timetable. We might as well just hang in there unless of course a boffo deal comes Masai's way.
                      Yeah well both McDyess and Livingston also never returned anywhere close to what they once were and McDyess was basically all-star level and true or not Livingston was thought to have (ironically) pre-injury Penny potential. But those guys were also substantially better athletes pre-injury than Carroll was before his. Carroll has ALWAYS been an average athlete at best, when each player goes a notch down he would be a below average athlete and that certainly makes a lot of sense when you look at Carroll out there...

There isn't a trade market for Carroll (period). No one wants an old broken wheel version of DeMarre and we as a team stuck at a "crossroads"/basketball purgatory are in no position to shed any future assets. We are stuck with him and the best possible option at this point is to amnesty him or use the stretch provision ala Landry Fields and just be done with the anchor that is DeMarre Carroll's play and contract bringing our team down. Nothing against him as a person but he simply is a liability at this point.

Comment

• Yeah, the Claw Reborn was a joke reference to our friend and also the common comp between OG and kawhi.
                        While Demarre is broken down, his type of player is highly coveted (when healthy). At least he still had some semblance of a 3 and our system didn't help him much. Hypothetically and optimistically, a team that can't attract FA might be willing to take him on. If the cost is siakam and we're stuck with the cap, it might be our only option. I'd prefer

Comment

• Oops
                          I prefer not to pay more than siakam. A team like the Knicks might work. Perhaps cojo + Carroll? They need a pg.

Comment

Oops
                            I prefer not to pay more than siakam. A team like the Knicks might work. Perhaps cojo + Carroll? They need a pg.
                            Yeah, my hope is that some team or another decides they don't want to use cap space and something like CoJo/Carroll and then some combo of BeBe, Siakam, ORL 2nd rounder is enough for them.

But Masai might not want to even pay that much in asset cost, and prefer to let Tucker/Pat walk, hoping that Lowry and Ibaka are affordable enough that they can get away with a small tax bill. It's possible, if unlikely IMO.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, my hope is that some team or another decides they don't want to use cap space and something like CoJo/Carroll and then some combo of BeBe, Siakam, ORL 2nd rounder is enough for them.

But Masai might not want to even pay that much in asset cost, and prefer to let Tucker/Pat walk, hoping that Lowry and Ibaka are affordable enough that they can get away with a small tax bill. It's possible, if unlikely IMO.
                              im pretty surprised how much the #s for ibaka and lowry are being speculated atm. seems a lot more manageable than our earlier worst fears. i also agree that masai will not want to pay the asset cost you mentioned and i dont blame him. cojo and bebe, fine, whatever, if we have to.

we probably disagree here, but i think he really wanted to dump jv. of course, we dont have any real source to be certain.

Comment

im pretty surprised how much the #s for ibaka and lowry are being speculated atm. seems a lot more manageable than our earlier worst fears. i also agree that masai will not want to pay the asset cost you mentioned and i dont blame him. cojo and bebe, fine, whatever, if we have to.

we probably disagree here, but i think he really wanted to dump jv. of course, we dont have any real source to be certain.
                                I think if his guy didn't fall to him at 23, he was going to use it to maximize return in a salary dump - say 23 and JV for a future 1st or a prospect shooter. Or 23 and Carroll for a couple 2nd rounders or something. But with OG there, he decided to go in a different direction, try to shed salary later in the summer when a couple teams have struck out in free agency and have needs at specific positions.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X